Free dance music ideas for Zagorski/Guerreiro?

Cayuse

• Uplifting and Uptempo
  • Builds or Changes tempo, forming a coherent whole
  • With Character and Memorable
  • Crowd/Judge Pleasing
  • Gets the Audience Tapping their Feet
  • A Style or Characters that Both Tiff and Jon could Play Well
You would have to add another piece to this, but my toes would be tapping! Thanks for starting such an entertaining thread to keep fans thinking during the off season. Hopefully, someone will give you that winning suggestion. Mine will at least make you smile today.

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Thinking about this during a slow day at work, another possible idea would be the soundtrack to Beetlejuice. It's been used in skating before, but not in any senior free dances I've ever seen. It satisfies all the bullet points and I know many audiences would like it.
I think Chock/Zuerlin skated to Beetlejuice.

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
I think Chock/Zuerlin skated to Beetlejuice.
TAHbKA, I think you might be confusing them with Lichtman & Copely who skated to it in 2010/11.
According to wikipedia, C/Z didn't skate to Beetlejuice.

shah

Shhh... shhh...
No, am confusing this costume with Beetlejuice

Oh, that Cabaret free dance :scream:. Generally, I am not particularly fond of programmes set to Cabaret (maybe except for Gede long time ago...). So I really hope Tiff/Jon won't use this music ;).

Btw, as for Enya, there's a highly enjoyable mash-up of Enya and The Prodigy, but I guess that some of the lyrics would have to be bleeped:biggrinbo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUm7Qok-kO4

Nmsis

My first impression is that Tiffany and Jonathan should play characters, either theatrical or litterature or movie characters or archetypical characters.
They need something more defined that what they have been skating to, something they can endorse, rather than the anonymous choreos they have been doing.
Not that I think it is the only solution but that's one that may suit Jonathan and russian coaches.

My second impression is that they should try a different musical alley than what they have been doing lately. These last 3 years, their music choice have been kind of middle ground, neither rock nor classical music. Please, make choices ! That's what personality is about.
I'd like them to skate on Pierre Adenot's L'Odyssée de Cartier because that's the kind of stuff that would have suited Anissina / Peizerat with a fast, dramatic, powerful program. But not this season as I want them away from orchestra and violin. I'd equally like them to skate on Paul Dukas' L'Apprenti Sorcier. But not this season.
I'd like to dance some Bob Fosse-like choreo in 2019-2020 because I think Tiffany is one of the rare dancers who could pull that off with genuine fun and that would suit Jonathan too.

Now I think Tiffany has a genuine pop quality that other girls don't have. And I would certainly love to see that quality next season. As musical is set for 2019-2020 SD, I wouldn't chose that for this season but that's an option. Going for some entertaining pop music would be a good option.

Other than that, I'd recommand
Grave's main theme because it has character in spades.

cmk

Material Girl or Girls Just wanna have Fun. Love Shack might be a bit too risky for the judges.

Eislauffan

Maybe an Electro Swing program (Parov Stelar - Chambermaid Swing is the best known, but there are other cool ones to, like Catgroove, Booty Swing). I know they used a piece of Parov Stelar in the 2016/17 season, but not many people will remember and they didn't compete at Europeans and Worlds with it.

La La Land also could be an option. I don't think it was used in ice dance.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I have not read the whole thread, so may be this was already mentioned - could Bollywood be an option? I am thinking of V&T's SP music in 2016.

ETA- The full song may be long enough for a free dance. I dont know if V&T used the whole song or a part if it.

Last edited:

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
If TPTB decide that skaters need to go back to dramatic and serious, this past weekend I heard a wonderful score by Shinji Eshima for Yuri Possokhov's ballet "RAkU."

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information