Forthcoming upgrade...

meggonzo

Banned Member
Is it possible to get new alerts notifications to show up in real time? This is how the previous version worked, and now it seems the red notification number doesn't show up until you go to the next page or change threads. It's helpful during pbp threads.

el henry

#WeAllWeGot #WeAllWeNeed
Have been using an iPhone mobile app and unable to log in since upgrade. After I attempt to log in it says "your account doesn't have admin privileges".

This! on the desktop and it also happens on my iPad Air2 Safari.

Thank Gawd I do not have administrative privileges, but the only way to get on the forum is through the index.

Typed lovingly in Verdana......:D

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
Is it possible to get new alerts notifications to show up in real time? This is how the previous version worked, and now it seems the red notification number doesn't show up until you go to the next page or change threads. It's helpful during pbp threads.

Seconding this

Otherwise loving your work as usual server guy!!

Vagabond

How does one edit the entries for Location and Occupation in one's profile these days? I'm still good craic, but I am so much more than that!

Server Guy

Administrator
Staff member
Seconding this

Otherwise loving your work as usual server guy!!
This and live updating threads are coming soon™.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
With JW in progress, I'm missing the "view them" link next to the notification that there are unread posts. Any chance it's coming back?

Server Guy

Administrator
Staff member
With JW in progress, I'm missing the "view them" link next to the notification that there are unread posts. Any chance it's coming back?
Could you point me in the direction of what you're referring to? I'm not quite sure what you mean. :p

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Could you point me in the direction of what you're referring to? I'm not quite sure what you mean. :p
If I am composing a new post in a thread or replying to one and there is other activity in the thread, a message will come up that there are new posts in the thread. In the older incarnation of the board, there was a link called "Display Them" that caused them to populate without my having to refresh the page. In the absence of that link, I need to refresh to make sure my post/reply is still valid.

Server Guy

Administrator
Staff member
If I am composing a new post in a thread or replying to one and there is other activity in the thread, a message will come up that there are new posts in the thread. In the older incarnation of the board, there was a link called "Display Them" that caused them to populate without my having to refresh the page. In the absence of that link, I need to refresh to make sure my post/reply is still valid.
Oh that's an annoying change in the new version of the software. I've added it to my list of things to bring back.

Server Guy

Administrator
Staff member
Also, in other news, the search functionality has received some fixes and now you can properly refine again without going to the full-on advanced search:

xm9g48T.png

Use the indicated dropdown to refine your search. :)

screech

Overall I like the update. The only think I'm not loving is the inability to collapse forums. As a non-member of the Kiss and Cry section, I always collapsed that section to just see all of 'Strictly Skating' and then just the header for 'Kiss and Cry', then all of 'Zamboni Time', but now I can't collapse the K&C section.

Aside from that, no complaints.

barbk

This! on the desktop and it also happens on my iPad Air2 Safari.

Thank Gawd I do not have administrative privileges, but the only way to get on the forum is through the index.

Typed lovingly in Verdana......:D

Very annoying. Even when I get to the FSU landing page, I can't go directly to GSD or one of the other forums. Must go through the index.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
I stay signed in to FSU and I have one of the forums bookmarked - that is what I use each time I want to get into FSU. I have never had a problem getting in, either before or after the upgrade. This is true with both my laptop and my mini-computer.

SkateSand

Cat Servant
The forum list page seems to have me listed as "Willin" (that's the user name at the top of the page, but I'm not Willin and never have been :) ), along with 2 alerts. When I click on Willin or the alerts, it gives me an error message, but when I click on this thread, it has me as myself. I'm also seeing ads on the forum list page, which I shouldn't be as a premium member. This just started tonight when I loaded the site from my bookmark. ???

just tuned in

The forum list page seems to have me listed as "Willin" (that's the user name at the top of the page, but I'm not Willin and never have been :) ), along with 2 alerts. When I click on Willin or the alerts, it gives me an error message, but when I click on this thread, it has me as myself. I'm also seeing ads on the forum list page, which I shouldn't be as a premium member. This just started tonight when I loaded the site from my bookmark. ???
Ha, yes. It thinks I am @rfisher. As if!

ballettmaus

I usually don't sign out and stay logged in but I'm currently logged out when I open fsuniverse.net/forum and get an error message when I try to log in. But when I click on the forums, I'm logged in, correct username and all. I figured Server Guy was working on something.

BittyBug

Disgusted
@Server Guy there is something very strange going on. When I am on the home page it says I'm another poster (altai_rose) and the page is configured in different view (I have mine set to FSU Classic), but when I click to enter any of the forums, it switches to BittyBug. :sekret:

I restarted my browser, cleared my cache and all that other stuff and it's still doing it. :confused:

nlyoung

I'm "Willin" too when I am in the Forum Index without access to premium sections. When I enter Strictly Skating it knows who I am... I am a paid member so I assume this is a bug of some type? I see others are having the same problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information