Former First Lady Barbara Bush has died [UPDATED]

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
Barbara Bush hugged & kissed babies & men with AIDS starting in 1989, when other leaders lacked compassion & wouldn't even mention the disease, much less touch anyone who had it. She also publicly expressed to adults with HIV/AIDS her hope that their family members would stop disowning them & instead offer them the support & comfort they needed. I hope some of the people who discriminated against those with AIDS & did horrible hateful things to them feel shame when they see she lived to age 92 after doing it.

Last edited:

Susan1

AGAIN -
when I first mentioned protocol, I meant how to ACT at a funeral for a famous person that you did not know when there are lots of people there who do not like you, not protocol of who was supposed to be invited and/or accepting. I guess I should have used the word "behavior" instead of "protocol".
And, apparently, she did behave appropriately. Much has been said about what a classy gentleman President Obama was toward her. And how she looked happier at a funeral than she does around her own husband. I bet he was throwing his golf clubs around when they showed her smiling with President Obama.

kwanette

Fetalized since 1998
AGAIN -

And, apparently, she did behave appropriately. Much has been said about what a classy gentleman President Obama was toward her. And how she looked happier at a funeral than she does around her own husband. I bet he was throwing his golf clubs around when they showed her smiling with President Obama.

I never doubted for one moment that Melania Trump would know how to "behave" at a funeral for ANYONE.

Skittl1321

Having not read the post that contributed to "one of these things is not like the other". I thought the issue of protocol at hand was Nancy Reagan's white jacket. (A lot of funerals no longer do black; but this one clearly did.)

Then I went back in the thread and saw the issue was about Melania. Nothing Melania did seems remotely controversial, and it is not common for a sitting president to attend a former first lady's funeral. I don't like Trump at all, but this seems a lot of fuss over nothing.

Edit: I typed this, submitted it, and then got confused- because Nancy Reagan is dead. But the photo I saw on that article is Lady Bird Johnson's funeral!

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
So sad....but not surprising. That was a lot of activity and emotion and stress for someone whose health is not all that good.

The article says he has a form of Parkinson's. Anyone know what it is exactly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information