Finally 2020-21 NFL season!

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I'll just say this....im glad that the Packers won, not just because I'm a packers fan. Mostly because my obnoxious high school friend who is a Saints fan is livid about having them have to play in that abysmal frozen tundra (but I assume Saints still need to win over Bucs?)

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I hope Mahommes recovers this week.

And my Saints HS friend fanatic is really quiet tonight. Except she keeps angry posting about "Drew has never said he is retiring."

Fiero425

I hope Mahommes recovers this week.

And my Saints HS friend fanatic is really quiet tonight. Except she keeps angry posting about "Drew has never said he is retiring."

Saints gave that game away! They led and should have intercepted Brady a couple times! Those late INT's of Drew's probably wouldn't happen if they had held their lead and consolidated on it! It might be time for Brees to 'breeze out' of there! Awful ending! :rolleyes:

Update: I had a senior moment! It was the Rams that blew it with 2 dropped interceptions in their hands! Sorry! :confused:

Last edited:

nickp

The Buccaneers got a chance to be the first team to play Super Bowl in their home Stadium

Yehudi

AITA
I wanted a Bills vs Browns AFC title game. Two long suffering franchises with loyal, passionate fans... It’s what we deserve in 2021. It’s be fitting if the bills make it to exercise the ghost of Norwide.

Yehudi

AITA
On another topic, I love watching the old NFL Films super bowl highlights which usually play around this time Well, at least the ones with John Facenda’s narration.

ilovepaydays

Yeah, I was watching. It was pretty scary.
Although when he was walking into the locker room, looked much clearer and more Mahomes like.

We’ve had figure skaters whose careers ended because of concussions. Many who recover took at least 4-6 weeks before they went back on the ice - and they still started off slowly. Didn’t do full spins, jumps, run-throughs, etc. until everything felt “okay” as they progressed.

This is the NFL. It’s WAY more risky, IMHO.

I don’t know of anyone who’s had even a “light” concussion who came fully back in less than a month. Maybe they were being “too” careful in their treatment and recovery. But it’s your brain.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
We’ve had figure skaters whose careers ended because of concussions. Many who recover took at least 4-6 weeks before they went back on the ice - and they still started off slowly. Didn’t do full spins, jumps, run-throughs, etc. until everything felt “okay” as they progressed.

This is the NFL. It’s WAY more risky, IMHO.

I don’t know of anyone who’s had even a “light” concussion who came fully back in less than a month. Maybe they were being “too” careful in their treatment and recovery. But it’s your brain.
I know - my brother has a client that he is representing regarding repeated concussions.

Andy Reid says it's up to Doctors about Sunday. Im betting Mahomes is pushing to play - like a couple of seasons ago when he came back from what should have been a 6-8 week recovery from a significant knee injury and was back in the game in 2 or 3 weeks.

Yehudi

AITA
As a Bills fan, I am kind of relieved they lost in the AFC game, rather than another Super Bowl. They aren’t quite there yet, but they are close. Allen needs to keep improving and the Bills need a new James Lofton (to Diggs’ Andre Reed) and a Thurman Thomas.

Sylvia

TBD
The Tampa Bay Times reports that data tracked by ticket website VividSeats.com puts the average price of Super Bowl tickets this year at $14,110. That’s a huge increase over Super Bowl LIV tickets last year, which went for an average of $5,511.

Few tickets are on sale at all. The NFL is giving away 7,500 free tickets to vaccinated health care workers, and those are being distributed by hospitals, through a secured app, and are not transferrable. Only about 17,000 other tickets are being distributed, as the stadium will be around one-third full because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I have so many cute things I want to post about KC and Mahomes, but I have one obnoxious rabid Saints crazy fan friend who absolutely hates Mahomes, I mean irrationally hates him.

I suspect because he is younger than when Brees started breaking records.

She cannot tolerate anyone saying anything semi critical of Brees.

Or bad about LSU. In some aspects she reminds me of Viture/Moir, Hanyu, Yuna-Kim, Brian vs Brian, Michelle-Tara fans.

She is effing crazy in regards to Brees. How dare anyone challenge his Godly status.

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
Well this Saints fan really likes PM. I'm a Saints fan primarily because of Drew, but Lord knows he is human and fallible like the rest of us.

Believe me that I won't be rooting for the "home" team or its carpetbagger QB and WR from the Evil Empire.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Well this Saints fan really likes PM. I'm a Saints fan primarily because of Drew, but Lord knows he is human and fallible like the rest of us.

Believe me that I won't be rooting for the "home" team or its carpetbagger QB and WR from the Evil Empire.
I think you are reasonable when it comes to Drew. Seriously everything bad that happens to Brees or the Saints are the fault of the refs or illegal hits or just about anything else.

Honestly I never saw this type of behavior in high school. But 50 years changes people I guess.

Cachoo

Speaking of Drew I do wonder if he returned too early from those broken ribs and other injuries.
As a Chiefs fan I’m simply enjoying the ride. Andy is a blessing—and I do love the organization’s eye for talent.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Two KC players on are C-19 watch list because they had hair cuts. The barber, who i understand had tested negative 5 days before, was notified of positive C-19 test during cutting of hair.

Apparently everyone was masked, but 19 other players had been scheduled for hair cuts with the same barber.

Currently the players are negative and will be cleared to play if they remain negative.

one of the players is Demarcus Robinson and the other one is the backup center - Kilgore?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information