Finally 2020-21 NFL season!

Cachoo

Well I am pleasantly surprised: 17,000 fans can be noisy. So happy to see live NFL football and the two young quarterbacks leading their teams tonight.

once_upon

Better off now than 4 years ago? Have TP now
there are a few fans that need to pull their masks up over their noses. 😷

I'm loving it. I cant figure out if Andy's face shield is frosted or if it is fogging up. DH thought maybe its frosted to prevent reflection of his play chart

Cachoo

There’s a lot of humidity with showers moving through—bet he’s fogging up. My friend sent me a “protect Patrick Mahomes mask” but I worry most about Andy and his cheeseburger diet when it comes to the crud.

once_upon

I know its public safety concerns that has the Packers stadium devoid of fans, but after KC allowing a 22% stadium audience, its weird.

Cachoo

I hope KC keeps goosing the number up until Covid says 🛑. Watching today: Brady as a Buc, Cam as a Patriot—Brave new world. The Ravens look scary good and the Seahawks look strong. I can’t stop looking at the Charger unis.

once_upon

I think the saying will now be, who are you rooting for? My team and anyone playing New England and whoever is playing against Brady.

I think I have one Tampa Bay Bucs fan in my Facebook friends. She seemed to be the only one cheering for Brady. Not even anyone else in her family was pro Brady

once_upon

Mahomes to Hill - touchdown. Gorgeous

I hope touchdown, they are reviewing

Fiero425

Mahomes to Hill - touchdown. Gorgeous

I hope touchdown, they are reviewing

KC pulls it out in OT after Chargers gave a valiant effort really making the Chiefs work! The defense did everything it could to extend drives by LA and the offensive line committed too many penalties as well trying to give the game away! Mahomes' lucky he's Mahomes and saved them with his running! :cheer2:

Fiero425

Mahomes is amazing. Arm, legs he's got it

Another amazing and routine win over another good team last night; Baltimore was helpless! They played well enough, but KC has too many weapons! They can't be stopped indefinitely and their defense is underrated! The Ravens did well to stay in it early with a missed KC extra point after a TD and a wayward FG after a turnover! The kicker must have been reading his press clippings after those long winning FG's last week! :rolleyes:

Cachoo

Covid stopped them: Cam Newton is positive and the game is postponed. I hope Cam is okay. I think the Chief’s practice squad QB is positive as well.

Fiero425

Dallas blew another one at home; to Cleveland of all teams! They allowed over 300 yds rushing & made Brian Mayfield look like Brian Kosar! :rolleyes:

Fiero425

The Bears played and defeated The Buccaneers last night on TNF! They started with dismal offensive play, but somehow they got their act together in the 2nd Quarter and led at the HALF 14-13! It was a defensive battle with trading of FG's before the Bears stopped Brady and Tampa Bay on their final drive with the old man not knowing he used 4 downs! He's a bit doddering in his old age and had to question the ref! Bears win 20-19! Foles beats Brady again; Super Bowl LII! :cheer2:

Debbie S

I wasn't sure exactly where to put this video on "The art of the Lamar Jackson spin move", but it has comments (and a brief clip) from Nathan Chen, which I think is really cool (that they interviewed a figure skater about football) ;):

once_upon

I know there are crazy fans in all sports, but I have a friend from high school that I'm going to have to put in Facebook timeout soon.

She lives in New Orleans, of course is a Brees fan, but gee whiz any praise of Mahommes by anyone, but particularly sportscaster is like declaring Satan is better than God.

Todays installment includes how laughable it is that KC is overall first round bye for playoffs because they barely scored a TD in the first half and won a game against "everyone's bitch" Falcons (I have no idea what, how or why Falcons is everyone's bitch means). I think this is a rant that had Brees not an "illegally hit and refs ignored" injury he (the Saints) would be first round leaders. Now we are onto how stupid Chiefs fans are because "some", maybe huge numbers, or maybe one can't understand that its not Chief's but Chiefs.

I'm like dude if you want some real :wuzrobbed: sh!! I can link you to any number of Russian ladies threads or countless ice dance threads. Football has a measurable score, ie points for crossing a goal line, there are no + or - grade of execution. Some people need to be introduced to true :drama:

Debbie S

I just learned today that 7 teams from each conf will make the playoffs this season (is this a permanent new thing or just for 2020?). Apparently, I must have been under a rock? Or social distancing. Anyway, yay for the Ravens and thank you, Jets!

Fiero425

I just learned today that 7 teams from each conf will make the playoffs this season (is this a permanent new thing or just for 2020?). Apparently, I must have been under a rock? Or social distancing. Anyway, yay for the Ravens and thank you, Jets!

For some strange reason they wanted to keep it more competitive into the final week by only giving a "BYE" to one team; thus adding one more team to the Divisional playoffs! We'll see if they eliminate that last "BYE" one of these days! :confused:

ilovepaydays

I know there are crazy fans in all sports, but I have a friend from high school that I'm going to have to put in Facebook timeout soon.

She lives in New Orleans, of course is a Brees fan, but gee whiz any praise of Mahommes by anyone, but particularly sportscaster is like declaring Satan is better than God.

Todays installment includes how laughable it is that KC is overall first round bye for playoffs because they barely scored a TD in the first half and won a game against "everyone's bitch" Falcons (I have no idea what, how or why Falcons is everyone's bitch means). I think this is a rant that had Brees not an "illegally hit and refs ignored" injury he (the Saints) would be first round leaders. Now we are onto how stupid Chiefs fans are because "some", maybe huge numbers, or maybe one can't understand that its not Chief's but Chiefs.

As a Saints’ fan, I will say this: The Chiefs are clearly the best team in the NFL right now. The Saints are one of several teams (Steelers, Seahawks, and probably Packers) who are tied for second place and need to clean up some things if they want to beat the Chiefs. I’m glad they are doing well enough, but there are some issues there.
————————-

Anyone else holding their breath about the Buffalo Bills right now? 😆

And this postgame rant by J.J. Watts is FACTS. 👏👊👍🙌

once_upon

As a Saints’ fan, I will say this: The Chiefs are clearly the best team in the NFL right now. The Saints are one of several teams (Steelers, Seahawks, and probably Packers) who are tied for second place and need to clean up some things if they want to beat the Chiefs. I’m glad they are doing well enough, but there are some issues there.
————————-

Anyone else holding their breath about the Buffalo Bills right now? 😆

And this postgame rant by J.J. Watts is FACTS. 👏👊👍🙌
Although I will say, the Chiefs seem to wait until other teams are thinking they will win before being kicked into gear. As a Chiefs fan, they played pretty sloppy until the last 5-6 minutes of yesterday's game.

Her complaint seems to be that 100% of fans/announcers need to fall down to the god Brees because there is no greater quarterback, no greater person than Brees. Every great quarterback eventually gets replaced by another great quarterback. The league happens to have a lot of great quarterbacks right now.

And if the Saints don't win its because the refs made bad calls. Now, I agree there have been some bad calls - and one that resulted in a change in rules - but come on not every call against the Saints is a bad call.

Watts does call it as he sees it. 👏👏

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information