Figure Skating Videos (New Channel)

figureskating

Amantide

Thank you SO much for this footage - I especially enjoy seeing the Olympic coverage!

Your efforts are greatly appreciated! :)
You're welcome. :)

Thank you for the videos! I love the audience support for Michelle Kwan during her SP.

Just wondering, how the decisions regarding the groups were made during that time. Top skaters were in groups 1-3 (thought they should be in groups 4-5).
I think they used a draw back then? I'm not sure about Salt Lake, or Nagano for that matter. I remember Kulik skating very early on in the SP but he was in the last group in the free. However, in Calgary they used a random draw (even for the LP) within each group or competitors skating in reverse order.

I actually uploaded that draw just out of curiosity. Here it is with Sonia Bianchetti.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
2002 was still random SP draws. It just happened by chance that one group was full of former World medalists.

skatingguy

decently
Group 1 - Baby faced Stephane Lambiel - wild axel technique is there, and the closing spin with a couple of his signature positions, but he hasn't leaned into his style quite yet - the costume is very conservative. :love:

SkateFanBerlin

Olympic Games Salt Lake 2002

Men's SP - Group 1
Men's SP - Group 2
Men's SP - Group 3
Men's SP - Group 4
Men's SP - Group 5

HD video quality with no commentary.

p.s. In the first group the audio is a little bit noisy, but that's how the file was. I tried to clean it but not with much success.
So many men skated well here including Chinese and Australian guys I don`t think I ever heard of again. A very young Raf coaching Abt. Announcements in English and French; do they still do this outside French-speaking countries? The American audience was wonderful - wildly applauding good skaters no matter where they were from.

Skate Talker

Announcements in English and French; do they still do this outside French-speaking countries?
The IOC has 3 official languages, English, French and Spanish. It's customary to use 2 languages at the Olympics, usually the/a language of the host country plus English. If English is the language of the host country, then typically French becomes the 2nd language.

(At least that's the way I think it works.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information