Facebook question

A.H.Black

I have a question. Is there any way to change which page I share something to?

Example. I have two Facebook pages. One is personal. One is for my business. I sell on Amazon. When I share a listing to Facebook, it goes to my personal page. I can't seem to figure out a way to share it to my business page. Instead I have to go to my Facebook business page and post the listing with a copy and paste. It would be so much easier to just share from Amazon.

It's probably easy. I just don't know how to use Facebook very well.

Susan1

Did you reset your ad preferences? Or actually unfollow the page?
Facebook annoys me when "it" decides whose posts I want to see or in what order or when they want to drop people from my feed.
And tell me which news articles I want to read.
Still nothing today except for two comments from friends. No pages. Why would I unfollow every liked page!!!!! I'll check the ad preferences. I do tell it not to show me more "like this" when it has "suggested pages" every other post. Wouldn't that be don't show me NEW ones, not the ones I've liked for a long time? If I can't figure it out, should I unlike everything and then like it back?

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Facebook is driving me crazy. For almost 5 days it deletes whatever I post. When I am done typing a post, it gives me the option 'Share' instead of the usual 'Post'. Since there is no other option, I click on Share. It looks like my post is there. After I exit, it is not there. The last post by me appeared on Tuesday, August 28. After that, nothing has worked.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Susan1

Today was the second time I got an email from Facebook saying -
"We noticed an unusual login from a device or location you don't usually use. Was this you?"

It was me, and it was the correct time they listed and it was from this computer. I've never logged on to FB anywhere else. I got the same thing on 4/18. I clicked on "yes" and logged back into FB and changed my password and wrote down that date. What's happening? The same question is in the FB FAQ a couple times with no answer. I did not click on yes today. I just deleted the email.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
"We noticed an unusual login from a device or location you don't usually use. Was this you?"

It was me, and it was the correct time they listed and it was from this computer. I've never logged on to FB anywhere else. I got the same thing on 4/18. I clicked on "yes" and logged back into FB and changed my password and wrote down that date. What's happening? The same question is in the FB FAQ a couple times with no answer. I did not click on yes today. I just deleted the email.

Did you sign in using a different device? Someone may sign in using their iPhone and then the next time using their PC or laptop, and I believe that may be part of it. I've always signed in using my laptop, and never had that notification.

skatfan

If it is you, then you don't need to change your password. I've sometimes gotten that alert if I've used a different way to login (the browser instead of the Facebook App). I just click Yes and move on.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
If it is you, then you don't need to change your password. I've sometimes gotten that alert if I've used a different way to login (the browser instead of the Facebook App). I just click Yes and move on.

Or even a different browser itself. Sometimes if your computer performs an automatic update and/or cookies are deleted or whatever, it’ll send you the same notification. Happens to me a lot with iCloud/Apple logins.

Susan1

Or even a different browser itself. Sometimes if your computer performs an automatic update and/or cookies are deleted or whatever, it’ll send you the same notification. Happens to me a lot with iCloud/Apple logins.

And to the other helpers - I don't have any other device, just this computer. The only time I use Firefox is for FSU and Trizzle. Everything else I open is on Opera (Trizzle is too slow there?) And the two times now it has said it was a different device, they had the time that they said it happened as when I was doing it. (Sorry, that only made sense when it was coming out of my fingers; 6:15 p.m. - yes, that was me. I was sitting right here.) So it wouldn't have been somebody else trying to hack me, right? I delete my history (cookies, etc.) practically every day, after using FB and email, which I log out of every time. Sometimes twice a day, and if I have been looking up things on multiple sites. If I get stuck in FB, I have to delete my history just to log out. Maybe I did all of those things in a combination on these two separate occasions that raised a flag. I don't know. ??

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
6:15 p.m. - yes, that was me. I was sitting right here.) So it wouldn't have been somebody else trying to hack me, right? I delete my history (cookies, etc.) practically every day, after using FB and email, which I log out of every time. Sometimes twice a day, and if I have been looking up things on multiple sites. If I get stuck in FB, I have to delete my history just to log out. Maybe I did all of those things in a combination on these two separate occasions that raised a flag. I don't know. ??

If you are using your own personal computer and no one else is going on Facebook or whatever other sites, then you don’t need to log out/delete your cookies or history every day. When you logged in at 6:15, when the e-mail was sent at the same time, it sounds like Facebook should have taken you to an additional screen such as entering a code that they sent you or another method just for an added measure.

Susan1

If you are using your own personal computer and no one else is going on Facebook or whatever other sites, then you don’t need to log out/delete your cookies or history every day. When you logged in at 6:15, when the e-mail was sent at the same time, it sounds like Facebook should have taken you to an additional screen such as entering a code that they sent you or another method just for an added measure.
Huh? You know I don't understand this stuff. :)
I thought they could track cookies or whatever and find your computer. I don't know how to explain what I don't know!
The first time I got the email from FB, I didn't even see it till the next day. Remember this is a desktop computer. I don't get notified I have mail unless I log in to email. And I don't check that every time I am on the computer or go on FB unless I am expecting a reply to something. Today I have gotten a 40% off CVS coupon and cleaned out the spam. No need to check my email later. The other day I had just logged out of FB (after maybe 10 minutes of reading new stuff) and logged in to email and it was there.

floridaice

@Susan1 I get those emails all the time from Facebook. I only sign in on my phone or my laptop and for a good while I'd follow the directions in the email to say, yes remember this device. But, it doesn't seem to help. I think it may be some of the privacy settings on Firefox & Chrome that are the cause - they aren't giving Facebook enough information, which is good. I've been ignoring the emails for a few months and nothing has happened.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
This happens because a setting is turned on that says you want Facebook to tell you whenever your account is accessed by a browser they don't recognize. If it's you, you don't have to do anything (Except tell them it was you.)

So this could happen if you do any of the following:

* use a different browser than you normally do. (Like Edge instead of Chrome or Chrome instead of Firefox)
* got a new computer
* used someone else's computer
* cleared the browser's history / cache / cookie (not sure what they use to track -- it's probably just cookies)
* set up your browser to not remember or to clear out whatever it is that FB uses to track you
* when you get the email, you don't click on "This was me"

I got a new computer so I got that email the first time I accessed FB on the new computer. When I got a new iPad, the same thing happened when I logged on for the first time with the iPad.

Also, every once in a while, I clear out whatever it is FB uses to track me and I get another email saying FB was accessed from a browser they don't recognize. (Even though it's a browser I always use)

The only time you have to worry about it is if you get an email and it says you logged on from a city you aren't in at a time you weren't on FB from a browser you don't use.

Just click on "This was me" and FB should remember that computer and that browser for at least a few months.

Susan1

This happens because a setting is turned on that says you want Facebook to tell you whenever your account is accessed by a browser they don't recognize. If it's you, you don't have to do anything (Except tell them it was you.)

So this could happen if you do any of the following:

* use a different browser than you normally do. (Like Edge instead of Chrome or Chrome instead of Firefox)
* got a new computer
* used someone else's computer
* cleared the browser's history / cache / cookie (not sure what they use to track -- it's probably just cookies)
* set up your browser to not remember or to clear out whatever it is that FB uses to track you
* when you get the email, you don't click on "This was me"

Just click on "This was me" and FB should remember that computer and that browser for at least a few months.
Thanks, but again, I haven't used a different browser or a new or other computer, and I delete the cookies almost every day, sometimes twice. And the first time it happened (April 18 - I wrote down the date after I changed my password, before that I changed it on 3/22) I did click on this was me.

The only time you have to worry about it is if you get an email and it says you logged on from a city you aren't in at a time you weren't on FB from a browser you don't use.
It said I'm "near Moraine, Ohio" both times, which is true. It used to show my location as Middletown, Ohio. I had to get a new router March 1, maybe that changed it to Moraine. But that was long enough ago that it wouldn't affect FB.

I don't know. The first time it scared me and I changed passwords. I didn't expect it to happen again. But if nobody thinks I'm being hacked, I won't worry about it. (You know I will worry, I just won't obsess! :))

Sparks

It is deleting your cookies everyday which is causing FB to send you messages.

Susan1

It is deleting your cookies everyday which is causing FB to send you messages.
Well, they sent one April 18 and one May 8, why not every day for the past year then? I get it - nobody has an answer.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Since it's only happened a couple of times this past year, it could be that your IP address may have changed even if you always use your laptop and nothing else.

Maybe this article will help. It may not be that your IP address changed, but it's possible.

So long, IP address. It was nice while it lasted.

When you're at home, an IP address is assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider (think Time Warner Cable, Cox Communications, or AT&T). Since they are the ones giving you access to the Internet, it's their role to assign an IP address to your computer. Your Internet activity goes through them, and they route it back to you, using your IP address.

But don't get attached to it. Don't tattoo your IP address to your arm, because it's not really yours. Even at home it can change if you do something as simple as turn your modem or router on and off. Or you can contact your Internet service provider and they can change it for you.

Here's the article that explains more about IP addresses.

6 Basic Things to Know About IP Adresses

I'm also adding a link to this website where you can test the speed of your internet. It will also give you your IP/Server location that's being used by your internet provider and your IP address.

Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information