Everything Facebook - Pros, Cons, Changes, Advice, Help Needed...It's All Here, Folks

Japanfan

I have a confession to make: I only have 37 facebook friends and that's after a whole lot of years. And I don't know whether that includes the ones I've unfollowed.

:yikes::slinkaway

quartz

scratching at the light
Today my facebook is suggesting a ton of anti-aging products - SCREW YOU FB!! :revenge:
And, (this is really funny), it also is suggesting @PeterG as a friend! :lol: wth??

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I have a confession to make: I only have 37 facebook friends and that's after a whole lot of years. And I don't know whether that includes the ones I've unfollowed.
It does.

Unfortunately, there is no way to get FB to show you everyone you've unfollowed that I can find. I want to go through them and give some another chance and unfriend the rest.

I belong to a lot of groups and have a lot of hobbies. And for a while (8 years), I had a blog. So I just accepted all friend requests. Which means at one point I had close to 1000 'friends'. :yikes: I decided that was completely unwieldy and went on a quest to get under 500. I am still not there but it's mostly because FB has few good tools for managing your friends list and going through 650+ names by hand is a PITA.

And, (this is really funny), it also is suggesting @PeterG as a friend! :lol: wth??
You were just discussing adding as a FB friend in OTB. That's creepy!

Sparks

It is creepy.
My sister and her friend were messaging each other about eating curry. Then recommendations for curry restaurants in their area started showing up on their timeline.

quartz

scratching at the light
There are several FSUers or friends of FSUers in my suggested friends list - Peter just happened to be one of them. Still kinda funny. :shuffle:
Don't worry, Peter, I won't subject you to my fascinating life of adorable kitties, interesting bookstore stuff, boring holidays, self-serving selfies, and silly attempts at ipad photography! :p

PeterG

There are several FSUers or friends of FSUers in my suggested friends list - Peter just happened to be one of them. Still kinda funny. :shuffle:
Don't worry, Peter, I won't subject you to my fascinating life of adorable kitties, interesting bookstore stuff, boring holidays, self-serving selfies, and silly attempts at ipad photography! :p

I would accept your request. As I said, I've already blocked all the cat video sources. :lol: But I LOVE holiday photos!!! :D

MacMadame

Doing all the things
And Scotland!

quartz

scratching at the light
My experiences are the opposite.
When I first started on social media, my avatars were either masks, or walls, representing how I hid myself because I was too insecure to show people my face and who I really was. :slinkaway
But then, some people started responding to me, and interacting. And I started making friends, and being more open and not as afraid.
Then one day, I decided to tear off the mask and crash down the wall. And some more people liked what they saw and who I was, and they said, hey quartz! - come hang out with us!
So, here I am - mostly happy, not nearly as depressed, not lonely, and feeling pretty confident to boot. :kickass:
Was told I was too ugly to have my picture taken, to keep a bag over my head so I didn’t break the camera. Took a selfie and thought, my face isn’t that bad, so I posted it for the whole freakin world to see, and the Internet didn’t break, so that made me feel really good, right??
So yeah. :p

quartz

scratching at the light
Told by whom?

Shame on them! :angryfire
Several people for several years - was barked at, told I was unfcukable, etc... even my own mother thought I was unfortunate as I didn't share her petite, blonde, flirty attributes. All the social expectations that a woman must be pretty or she has no value, and that if I wasn't a Christian I was worthless, plus not being educated or having any measurable talents, and you've got someone who doesn't have much confidence in herself. :shuffle:

Those who post selfies are labelled narcissist, looking for attention, shallow, etc... I consider sticking my face out there/here to be an act of defiance in response to all those years I was told it wasn't good enough. :lol:
Not looking for attention - looking for ACCEPTANCE. Social media helped me find my voice, find my spark, and ya'll will just have to put up with my face too. :HA!:

BaileyCatts

I don't even know you other than your avatars on this board and I've always thought you were gorgeous! You had one picture up one time that I thought you looked like Stevie Nicks also, and I thought it was her and you were a posting a fan picture. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information