Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover
Russia ? Mhhhhhhh.
I still wonder how it'll do live.

Last edited:

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight

DimaToe

Retired by Frank Carroll
@allezfred Thabks for the heads up, I'll gladly take part again, can't recall who I was last time, but I'll be Azerbaijan,Netherlands, or Montenegro

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher
I've been pretty busy with a whole lot of stuff so I haven't had much time to listen to all of the entries, but I'll try!

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
I'm listening to the songs from semifinal two and about to send in my votes. It's not quite as dire as I expected. Things that made me laugh:

The Serbian woman appears to be channeling Amy Winehouse undergoing electroshock therapy.

Whoever wrote the Ukrainian song must be a big fan of Burial. (I am a big fan of Burial myself, but his music is about 100000x too cool for Eurovision.)

Everything about the Slovenian song is just LOL.

Last edited:

FarFarAway

Four the Dark Side
Oh God. Did I say that last year's Eurovision was the worst one in years? I was so terribly wrong. This year is the winner. Have almost finished listening to the album (which I was so unlucky to preorder on iTunes, you know - collection and such, I am a bit fixed on such things) and out of all songs there are only 3 that I will (probably) remember - Loin d'ici (Austria started singing in French and did completely right, France apparently lost French and started singing half in English when there's no real obvious reason for it), Irish boy (it seems like Ireland was intent on sending top model to Stockholm this year - they succeeded. He fits in with what the crowd expects to see, the song is melodic somewhat, but does it really matter when there's such a cutie on stage?) and yes, Lazarev.

As much as I'd openly and expressly hate Lazarev winning this year, I have to admit that against the backdrop of all the trash he does have a chance. A real one. But I hope something else crops up so we don't have to spend money on this show next year as it can be redirected elsewhere, considering the troubled days.

Surprised by Iceland's entry. Visually pleasing, but, in my point of view, there's neither song nor voice.

What I will remember though is the amount of extremely vociferous singers and bands this year. It really seems like shouting is all the rage at the moment, just like string instruments were at the time of Fairytale. Not Rona Nishliu like, luckily, neither me nor my glassware would have survived such an attack.

FarFarAway

Four the Dark Side
@allezfred Can you make me Montenegro, if the option is still available? I hate depriving myself of the chance to vote for Ireland, but second Semi doesn't strike a chord with me at all this time, so at least I can cheat a tad and use the chance to cast the votes for the other 2 remaining favourites of mine this time.

I don't think I will be long with the votes though, I have already made my choices this year.

SamuraiK

I just heard most of the candidates. If 2015 was the year of the crappy ballads this is the year of the crappy generic electro pop songs. Most of them are forgetable as soon as they end.

@allezfred can I still join in the votes? If so, I take Azerbaijan please.

Finnice

I have just listened semi 1 and given my votes. :drama: where is :drama: so many shoutin ladies with zzzz songs. We need voids and :psoty:

sweetsparky

Good Ice Dance = THE SEX
I´ll try to send my votes tonight but after my first listening of the complete Semi 1 I had troubles linking songs and countries in order to prepare a first list. Not really many memorable songs, so similar :(

I hope the semi will be more entertaining live.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
I'm starting to like some of this year's songs. I'm calling it Stockholm Syndrome. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information