Eteri Tutberidze Tells Young, Overweight Women to Blame Themselves

Vagabond

Tesla

Whippet Good
We cannot control everything in life, but when it comes to our own weight, it is entirely in our hands.

We are all born with practically the same bodies, but we live in the ones we have earned and deserved,” the press service of the channel quotes Eteri Tutberidze.
That's what eating disorders are about, control. Yes, @On My Own, this is very triggering. I have self-image issues and have to work very hard to keep that in check, especially since I don't want to transfer that to my daughter. There is absolutely no reason for this woman to be on that show with her attitude.

Japanfan

I remember how proud Eteri was of Lipnitskaya when she starved herself on a powder diet, prior to being admitted to an eating disorder clinic in Israel.

I wonder how controlling Eteri is of her skaters' eating habits in general. I think probably too much?

She's the last person who who should be a mentor on a weight loss show, IMO.

Obese people need eating plans they can stick with for life if they are to successfully lose weight and keep it off. Starving would only send them back to binge eating. It doesn't seem that Eteri has any understanding of nutrition and health with regard to weight.

Does she follow a starvation type diet herself?

Mell

That sounds to me like a good way to inflict long-term damage on vulnerable young women.

Um, no? It's common sense. And she is right. We are responsible for our own life. I'm also overweight, my whole life, and i know it's not other people's fault that i'm that way. It's the unhealthy eating habits and not enough workout. Simple as that.
I see your kind of logic on social media all the time- everything is always other's fault and it's "damaging" if you have to take responsibilities. Even trying to ban the use of normal words like "diet" or loosing weight. Let me tell you something- you won't get automatically an eating disorder just because you talk about food, dieting or even being called "fat". That's not how it works. It starts with a sick brain. And then again, how should kids learn to deal with negativities when you try to shield them from all kind of negativities?

bladesofgorey

Let me tell you something- you won't get automatically an eating disorder just because you talk about food, dieting or even being called "fat". That's not how it works. It starts with a sick brain.
First of all, you are ignorant about this issue and all of the research around how eating disorders develop. Hugely ignorant. Sometimes it's better to just shut up if you have no idea what you are talking about. There are thousands of clinical studies around this topic and should you wish to enlighten yourself I'm sure you know how to use a search engine. Secondly:
And then again, how should kids learn to deal with negativities when you try to shield them from all kind of negativities?
Good point! We should probably beat, torture, or otherwise traumatize kids early so they aren't under the mistaken assumption that the world isn't a cruel and hateful place.

Milan

"In working with the girls, I tried to convey to them that they must stop blaming others for their problems and start with themselves."

She has absolutely no idea the amount of damage she is causing to these girls' mental health and when they are so vulnerable.

Young ones, those in abusive environments or who have suffered trauma often have lower or underdeveloped interoceptive awareness..

moonvine

Would that even exist in the USA? They have “600 Pound Lives” on TLC but that’s about weight loss for health reasons. Very different.
I used to watch that with my sister before she passed. She loved that show. Why I don't know, but every single one of those people were molested as children. 600 pounds and up is not a weight one reaches without major, major trauma in their lives. They need intensive therapy. We are not talking 20, 30, 40, 50 pounds overweight. If they just have surgery, they will transfer that addiction to something more socially acceptable - shopping, alcohol, drugs, sex - whatever they need to numb the pain.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I used to watch that with my sister before she passed. She loved that show. Why I don't know, but every single one of those people were molested as children. 600 pounds and up is not a weight one reaches without major, major trauma in their lives. They need intensive therapy. We are not talking 20, 30, 40, 50 pounds overweight. If they just have surgery, they will transfer that addiction to something more socially acceptable - shopping, alcohol, drugs, sex - whatever they need to numb the pain.
I watched that regularly years ago. Amazing & sad stories. I remember “Dr Now” who helped then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information