Elizaveta Tuktamysheva Cheer Thread

Sylvia

TBD
GS article by @Eislauffan (April 26):
Excerpt:
Tuktamysheva knows what she has to do in order to be competitive and she is ready to get started, particularly on the quad toe loop.
“I think I have to balance out the quad toe and the triple Axel in the Free Skating so that I have one quad,” she said. “I am doing it, but it is not yet that consistent. I want to work on it for the upcoming season so that it is practically as consistent as my triple Axel.”
The skater also wants to try the quad Lutz. “This is my dream,” she revealed. “Many people are telling me that I am capable of doing it, but I have trouble believing that it is possible. I want to do it, just to prove to myself that it is possible. I think I’ll have a chance to make it to the Games with a quad. The level is very high now and it would be harder (to qualify) with just two triple Axels.”
Nikita Mikhailov will choreograph her SP again for the 2021-22 season (music not yet chosen).

NBC Sports article by David Kane (April 27):
Excerpts:
“I had to believe it wasn’t the end,” she told NBCSports.com/figure-skating by phone on Sunday. “I had to tell myself that I still have a future, that I should continue, and that adversity would only make me stronger. Every time I’ve had a bad situation in my life, I’ve told myself that. Bad things will happen, but I have to survive and move on.
“My career has been a lot like a mountain, something I climbed up and down before I could climb back up again.”
“For me, international competitions have always been less pressure than the ones in Russia. Our national competitions have a good number of girls jumping quads, and so when I went to the world championships, I felt so much less pressure, and just… like I was able to enjoy the fact that I’m actually a really good skater.”
It is this kind of radical candor that has helped make Tuktamysheva a fan favorite and one of her sport’s premier personalities.
“I feel people understand me because of how open I am with them,” she explained. “I’m the same person on social media, in interviews, in real life, and I think that’s why people don’t just see me as an athlete, but like I’m their friend. Their love and support give me a lot of energy.”

Last edited:

bardtoob

Somebody has something cooking.

Ka3sha

Ten years can make a great difference :)
2011 and her GP debut

So proud of Liza and everything she has achieved since then and continues to do now. Truly one of a kind :glamor:
(and I don't even let myself to think she has a chance to finally make the Olympic team)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information