Detroit selected to host 2019 U.S. Figure Skating Championships

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10

acraven

I was told repeatedly by the folks at the USFS booth that I should be able to get the technical feed on an Android device via the FanZone website this year. I tried for several days and could never make it work. I can only hope that the little Skate Radios will work again next year.

A.H.Black

I was just wondering if anyone used the skate radio’s in Detroit? I am going to Greensboro next year and was going to bring mine but wasn’t sure if they still utilize that or not.
I used the app and then changed to the radio. The radio had more static, but the app was behind - like Carolla5501 mentioned.

I was able to use the app for 4CCs at home. Not everything was shown on TV and I wasn't always able to watch when it was. It was nice to have the app to listen.

I was told repeatedly by the folks at the USFS booth that I should be able to get the technical feed on an Android device via the FanZone website this year. I tried for several days and could never make it work. I can only hope that the little Skate Radios will work again next year.
The little skate radios did work. Only one station and it had a lot of static but it did work.

MIsty Blades/Skate Mom

Banned Member
As a former Detroiter, I wished I could have attended the 2019 US Nationals. I would have loved to cheer on my fellow Bay Area skaters (Liu, Zhou, Tran, Venetta, Shum etc.) as well as local skaters. I missed the chance to visit old friends as well. I hope everyone who visited the area had a great time.

Debbie S

Had brunch today with a college friend visiting my area. She is originally from Michigan. I told her Detroit was rumored to be bidding for 2023 Worlds but that would be the end of March. She said, "The weather may not be much better [than what we had at Nats]." :eek:

Foolhardy Ham Lint

Had brunch today with a college friend visiting my area. She is originally from Michigan. I told her Detroit was rumored to be bidding for 2023 Worlds but that would be the end of March. She said, "The weather may not be much better [than what we had at Nats]." :eek:

I remember sitting in the Joe Louis Arena at Nationals in 1994 when Detroit announced it was bidding for the 1998 World Championships. At the time, the United States had been selected as the hosting country, but the actual city was yet to be decided. I think the assault on Nancy Kerrigan a few days later may have put that plan well and truly to sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information