Craig Simpson & Jamie Sale

Judy

Kimkeb

I too have noticed all the freedom convoy posts on her IG and Twitter account. I live in the US so I don’t follow politics in Canada but I do believe Canadians are pretty liberal and this convoy seems like a very unpopular thing to be associated with. I really feel bad for the whole situation, she is really tarnishing her reputation by being involved with this convoy. I feel bad for her kids as well and she still shares a son with David Pelletier.

Fadeevfanboy

Was never a Jamie fan but that is unfortunate. Especialy as their are kids involved. This is a super crazy time for the world in general.

Jamie might be one of those many people who is losing temporary sanity living this Covid life so long. She never struck me as someone who would go deep into the Q world. I know she and David are still good friends and co parent successfully, so while I am even less of a fan of his, good for him being there for Jamie's kids (both his son with her and her without him) while she is seemingly going nuts and the kids are losing their dad.

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
I am not being funny - but isn’t there a good chance that skaters of Jamie Sale’s generation had many undiagnosed concussions? I actually wonder if many more of them than we know have some undetected brain damage.
Having brain damage doesn't necessarily affect intelligence. It could also affect emotions and being able to grasp concepts. Whatever is happening with Jamie is not new. She has always been outspoken and abrasive in a way. This pandemic just exposed who she really is.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Interesting... I just unfollowed Jamie Sale since I saw all the pro-canadian convoy posts and was curious where Craig Simpson stood on all this.

Found it interesting he responded to this tweet that was asking him the exact thing (his opinion on the convoy):
https://twitter.com/hnicsimmer/status/1489433488394756096?s=20&t=-NSLOgBnaxApXpYdoUviag

Who is this Craig Simpson and what’s going on in this thread?

I miss the days of Tonya, Nancy, Michele and Nicole when I could easily keep up on such things

What is a convoy post? What does that mean

TRAxel

Interesting... I just unfollowed Jamie Sale since I saw all the pro-canadian convoy posts and was curious where Craig Simpson stood on all this.

Found it interesting he responded to this tweet that was asking him the exact thing (his opinion on the convoy):
https://twitter.com/hnicsimmer/status/1489433488394756096?s=20&t=-NSLOgBnaxApXpYdoUviag
I was wondering if I was the only one who unfollowed Jamie, glad to see I'm not.
Separated since June eh? Interesting.

Kimkeb

Craig Simpson is an ex NHL a hockey player from Canada now turned sportscaster. He was on Battle of the Blades with Jamie and they got married. It seems like they may have separated and not sure if they are divorcing or not. Jamie has been outspoken on social media with her support of the Freedom Convoy in Canada. The Freedom Convoy is largely a politically conservative group that opposes Covid restrictions, lockdowns, and vaccine mandates. It tends to be unpopular in Canada since they are politically pretty liberal.

Bigbird

Craig Simpson is an ex NHL a hockey player from Canada now turned sportscaster. He was on Battle of the Blades with Jamie and they got married. It seems like they may have separated and not sure if they are divorcing or not. Jamie has been outspoken on social media with her support of the Freedom Convoy in Canada. The Freedom Convoy is largely a politically conservative group that opposes Covid restrictions, lockdowns, and vaccine mandates. It tends to be unpopular in Canada since they are politically pretty liberal.
Ok then.

PeterG

Since 1970, Canada has had four Conservative prime ministers (Clark, Mulroney, Campbell and Harper) and five Liberal prime ministers (Trudeau [Sr.], Turner, Chretien, Martin and Trudeau [Jr.]). So not terribly different than the U.S. (six Republican presidents and four Democratic presidents).

Kimkeb

Since 1970, Canada has had four Conservative prime ministers (Clark, Mulroney, Campbell and Harper) and five Liberal prime ministers (Trudeau [Sr.], Turner, Chretien, Martin and Trudeau [Jr.]). So not terribly different than the U.S. (six Republican presidents and four Democratic presidents).
Sorry I misspoke

Desperado

Clark, Mulroney and Campbell were elected as Progressive Conservatives, not social conservatives, and Harper tried very hard to hide that side of his leadership. Harper’s party was an amalgamation of the PC and a very conservative/libertarian branch, the Canadian Alliance. They are not the same, although one could argue that without any mergers, the Republicans are not the same from decades past either.

honey

Jamie’s social media is really sad for me to look at. Am I surprised that this is who she is? No, not really. But it’s going to a place that really looks like someone coming unglued.

The support of the convoy isn’t even the thing that I am most taken a back by. She is routinely liking and retweeting absolutely bonkers conspiracy theories. The other day she retweeted something about how Trudeau faked his vaccine on live television and another about how there was a body double of him being used for appearances. That kind of thing really makes me feel concern for her and her children.

puglover

We recently lived in Alberta - for 16 years. I don't follow Jamie and have only heard of her views from others but i can say what I have heard is similar to many, many views there. To say that Trudeau is hated is an understatement. It is visceral and overshadows all other thinking. They see the convoy as a positive fight for freedom which has been destroyed under the Trudeau government. The friends I have are not nuts you can dismiss, they are caring, thoughtful Canadians but his name is associated with true evil. These feelings have been festering for a long time and I fear as long as he is prime minister there will be no chance of a unified country.

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
We recently lived in Alberta - for 16 years. I don't follow Jamie and have only heard of her views from others but i can say what I have heard is similar to many, many views there. To say that Trudeau is hated is an understatement. It is visceral and overshadows all other thinking. They see the convoy as a positive fight for freedom which has been destroyed under the Trudeau government. The friends I have are not nuts you can dismiss, they are caring, thoughtful Canadians but his name is associated with true evil. These feelings have been festering for a long time and I fear as long as he is prime minister there will be no chance of a unified country.

It remains sad as hell to me that Albertans get to hold tight to their absolute bullshit fantasies about how awful Trudeau is, and the rest of the country is expected to pick a different leader in order to have a "unified country."

We're not going to ever have a unified country as long as we keep catering to the whiny children of Alberta (& Quebec, let's be honest). I'm sure your friends are lovely, but they're still espousing deranged notions.

The less said about Jamie Sale, the better. How many marriages has she provided an assist in ending now?

Habs

A bitch from Canada
It remains sad as hell to me that Albertans get to hold tight to their absolute bullshit fantasies about how awful Trudeau is, and the rest of the country is expected to pick a different leader in order to have a "unified country."

We're not going to ever have a unified country as long as we keep catering to the whiny children of Alberta (& Quebec, let's be honest). I'm sure your friends are lovely, but they're still espousing deranged notions.

The less said about Jamie Sale, the better. How many marriages has she provided an assist in ending now?

Not all Albertans. :drama:

puglover

I am a pretty staunch fiscal conservative. I believe in social programs that Canada can afford. If we lose the conservative voice I have grave concerns of where the Trudeau Liberal/NDP leadership will take us. I am not worried for myself but for my children and especially my grandchildren. I hope the conservative party gets their act together as I believe every country needs a strong opposition to counter balance the extreme voices in the other party. I am sorry to hear about the end of Jamie and Craig's marriage. I have understood that she has a comfortable co-parenting relationship with David and I hope she is able to establish that for her daughter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information