Craig Simpson & Jamie Sale

Twilight1

I was born in Alberta but moved to Ontario when I was little, family is in the pastoral farmlands of Manitoba (sorry couldn't resist the homage to posters past)

It is truly fascinating how different the areas are but the visceral hate at Trudeau is very wild to see.

Like normally calm and cool family just go animated and aggressive when talking about him.

Judy

I was born in Alberta but moved to Ontario when I was little, family is in the pastoral farmlands of Manitoba (sorry couldn't resist the homage to posters past)

It is truly fascinating how different the areas are but the visceral hate at Trudeau is very wild to see.

Like normally calm and cool family just go animated and aggressive when talking about him.
I’ve stopped reading newspaper comments even if it has nothing to do with politics .. it could be about anything. I’m slightly worried about the feelings that enabled Trump to succeed.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I do wish people would stop being smug about Jamie and bringing up the SLC stuff 20 years later. She obviously fell down the Q rabbit hole and her family is probably suffering. This stuff isn't funny, it's sad.
Two things here- any time a former skater does something like this, from my view it seems like it's been fair game to discuss them and/or go on deep dives into their social media accounts. When Paniot forgot to wear his mask (note: forgot), there were a select group of posters who insisted it was Eldredge pushing it and went through his social media to show examples.

Second- Sale took part in two documentaries recently regarding the SLC stuff. It's being talked about more than usual because of this. She, too, has been talking about it.

Twilight1

Two things here- any time a former skater does something like this, from my view it seems like it's been fair game to discuss them and/or go on deep dives into their social media accounts. When Paniot forgot to wear his mask (note: forgot), there were a select group of posters who insisted it was Eldredge pushing it and went through his social media to show examples.

Second- Sale took part in two documentaries recently regarding the SLC stuff. It's being talked about more than usual because of this. She, too, has been talking about it.
And to be fair, it is the 20th anniversary of that stuff and we would be talking about it anyway with or without Sale's right wing leanings. 🤔

chantilly

A lot of BC has issues with Trudeau too. And not because they are Right wing nut jobs.
The west of this country has been largely ignored for decades even when we’ve been bringing in most of the stable economic dollars.

Quebec and Ontario have WAY too much sway and power.

And Trudeau has many reasons to be criticized for his governing. Not everyone who criticizes him is unreasonable or crazy.

He’s done some incredibly questionable things that had they been done by the conservatives would have been attacked by the largely liberal media et al.

I’m not sure what happened to Sale and “shudder” Eisler, but the world IMO is way more divided than ever.

I am by the way not a supporter of the conservatives in general.

skategal

Bunny mama
A lot of BC has issues with Trudeau too. And not because they are Right wing nut jobs.
The west of this country has been largely ignored for decades even when we’ve been bringing in most of the stable economic dollars.

And Trudeau has many reasons to be criticized for his governing. Not everyone who criticizes him is unreasonable or crazy.

He’s done some incredibly questionable things that had they been done by the conservatives would have been attacked by the largely liberal media et al.

I’m not sure what happened to Sale and “shudder” Eisler, but the world IMO is way more divided than ever.

The world is definitely not more divided than ever. That is extremist divisive BS talk.

There have been two world wars that literally pitted half the world against each other.

The majority of Canada is pretty centrist and has much more in common with each other than not.

The extremists (on both sides) want us to be divided because it furthers their agenda but it’s not even close to being the truth.

This is why centrist governments keep getting re-elected in Canada and have long mandates (Mulroney - Progressive conservative, Chrétien - Liberal fiscally responsible, Harper - conservative but could lean centrist progressively, Trudeau - centre left but can swing centre when needed.)

This is why O’Toole almost got elected this time around. His flip-flopping did him in but when he ran as centrist he did well in the polls.

I doubt that you would find anyone in Canada that thinks a politician (even Trudeau) is perfect or without criticism.

That is fine. We all have our opinions.

But when we turn on each other with a false agenda of being divided, we all lose.

Last edited:

Judy

Yeah I know I’ve heard that before from friends in B.C. re Ontario/Quebec. Not sure I can disagree.

Yogadgaf

Of course SLC would be revisited this year. Also to note...both the Bad Sport episode and Tara's documentary would have been shot way back in early 2021 or before. I remember reading about them being in the works in late 2020. It's too bad that people drawn to look further into the doings of the principals 20 years later have to come upon the dumpster fire of Jamie's Twitter feed. It's totally obsessive and frantic the last few weeks. She needs help. I feel for the kids especially the little girl. The boy has David Pelletier who is not nuts.

How sad and embarrassing for Craig Simpson to have to publically distance himself from her and air his marital laundry because of his relatively high profile on Sportsnet and hockey broadcasts. He is a very classy (but somewhat boring) guy from a really well known, well educated (doctors, MBAs, elite level athletes) family. When he left his marriage and 3 teens for Jamie it was pretty uprooting for a lot of people. He doesn't strike me as someone who would have done that lightly. Talk about choices and Karma.

The connection of anti vaxx anti govt anti mask pro conspiracy thinking to the wellness and self discovery grift...er..I mean industry... is well documented.

I'm in total agreement that our country is not divided like our neighbors to the south. The alt right funding that is coming from the US to the so called truckers freedom convoy is a big threat though. When you have the governors of Texas and Florida bashing Gofundme and defending a clown car circus of protesters in little old Canada...you have to go..what?????? Most of the protesters don't even know they are the "marks". You know, being stupid...it's like being dead. You don't know you are, only the people around you do!

Re: divisiveness in Canada, Ontario, one of 10 provinces, has almost 40% of the population and Ontario and Quebec together have 61% of the total population of the whole country. So uh no, the power is not unbalanced in favor of the East and against the West.

Just for comparison: California, a state with twice the population of the entire country of Canada has 2 senators in Congress ..... and Wyoming, a state with only the population of my neighbourhood in Toronto, also has 2 senators. Now that is inequality. Systematic and deliberate.

screech

A lot of people I know just vote for Trudeau because he's for the most part the 'lesser of two evils' for them.
So many people I know would prefer NDP, as that veers more towards their political beliefs. However, they don't vote NDP as it seems as almost a 'wasted vote' to them since they're is not going to win. They end up voting Liberal instead, since that's the only realistic vote to keep out the conservatives.

There are some regions of Canada where NDP will win the ridings. However, when you're in a larger city like Toronto, NDP is not going to get the riding, so you're stuck between a rock and a hard place.

It's starting to seem like this thread fits more in the politically incorrect forum.

puglover

It isn't all about the population, many Albertans are super bummed over the equalization payments but that is a whole other conversation.

skategal

Bunny mama
Anyone west of Ontario has been largely ignored by the government. It's always been like that, no matter who is in power.
Try living in Atlantic Canada. :shuffle:

Trudeau is the only Prime Minister to give us the time of day in decades.

Harper downright refused to visit some provinces in Atlantic Canada the last few years he was in power because his popularity wasn’t high eneough here. :rolleyes:

Imagine the outcry if Trudeau did that to Alberta or Sask or Manitoba?

Habs

A bitch from Canada
I really feel sad for her kids. I know that both David and Craig are involved, hands-on parents, so I hope they're able to shield the kids a bit.

And I sure hope Special Olympics is giving its partnership with her a second glance :shuffle:

honey

I really feel sad for her kids. I know that both David and Craig are involved, hands-on parents, so I hope they're able to shield the kids a bit.

And I sure hope Special Olympics is giving its partnership with her a second glance :shuffle:
She removed any mention of being a Special Olympics ambassador from her bios on Twitter and Instagram sometime in the past week. I know a lot of people were tweeting them about it, so I feel like it’s not a coincidence.

scatteroflight

A lot of people I know just vote for Trudeau because he's for the most part the 'lesser of two evils' for them.
So many people I know would prefer NDP, as that veers more towards their political beliefs. However, they don't vote NDP as it seems as almost a 'wasted vote' to them since they're is not going to win. They end up voting Liberal instead, since that's the only realistic vote to keep out the conservatives.

There are some regions of Canada where NDP will win the ridings. However, when you're in a larger city like Toronto, NDP is not going to get the riding, so you're stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Imagine being from Alberta and not wanting to vote for the Conservatives. 😂

Habs

A bitch from Canada
So, although I loathe to bring this back up - someone just sent me a link to a podcast Jamie recorded recently. In it, she said that her 14-year-old son called her a lunatic and won't talk to her.
So I guess that helps answer the question about whether or not the dads are helping to shield the kids. :eek:

Judy

So, although I loathe to bring this back up - someone just sent me a link to a podcast Jamie recorded recently. In it, she said that her 14-year-old son called her a lunatic and won't talk to her.
So I guess that helps answer the question about whether or not the dads are helping to shield the kids. :eek:
Do you have a link?

dogbert

Yes, I watched part of this podcast today and was going to post about it but wasn't sure what forum to use. What was really odd is that she never mentioned David by name when talking about her skating - just called him "my partner". Some seriously weird nonsense about hidden dark meanings in the Olympic opening ceremonies that the host was asking about.

Jamie was talking about having "become awake" or something like that last February and how people had "transitioned" out of her life as a result. She was surprisingly unconcerned about her son thinking she was nuts. She seems to see this as collateral damage from her "spiritual awakening" and is OK with it. Very disturbing.

Looks like she has new friends who are in this alternate reality with her (like the podcast host) and they just reinforce each other with all of this nonsense.

Judy

Yes, I watched part of this podcast today and was going to post about it but wasn't sure what forum to use. What was really odd is that she never mentioned David by name when talking about her skating - just called him "my partner". Some seriously weird nonsense about hidden dark meanings in the Olympic opening ceremonies that the host was asking about.

Jamie was talking about having "become awake" or something like that last February and how people had "transitioned" out of her life as a result. She was surprisingly unconcerned about her son thinking she was nuts. She seems to see this as collateral damage from her "spiritual awakening" and is OK with it. Very disturbing.

Looks like she has new friends who are in this alternate reality with her (like the podcast host) and they just reinforce each other with all of this nonsense.
I listened too.

The most concerning part is her daughter with her ex. What an awful situation for him having to deal with that. Canadian courts always believe in shared custody between two parents (unless there is substantial risk/criminal reasons against a parent). Her 14 year old can at least choose what parent to live with but the daughter can’t. Welcome to his nightmare 😔.

Excidra

I have co-workers whose family and friends have decided to cut ties with them because the alternate reality, Q-annon conspiracy theory they subscribe to.

A co-worker of mine, who gets his news straight from Moscow Today and Q-Annon message boards, recently shared with me that Trudeau, along with the Obamas and Clinton, is part of a group who practice pedophilia. And bunch of other insane things about Pfzire and how they will be exposed soon by the "good guys."

Oh and don't forget to prepare for the Great War that is coming up. This is what I hear once week from these people. My default response is 🤦‍♂️

Judy

I have co-workers whose family and friends have decided to cut ties with them because the alternate reality, Q-annon conspiracy theory they subscribe to.

A co-worker of mine, who gets his news straight from Moscow Today and Q-Annon message boards, recently shared with me that Trudeau, along with the Obamas and Clinton, is part of a group who practice pedophilia. And bunch of other insane things about Pfzire and how they will be exposed soon by the "good guys."

Oh and don't forget to prepare for the Great War that is coming up. This is what I hear once week from these people. My default response is 🤦‍♂️
Yeah … a total disconnect from reality. I’d have to break off relationships too. Thank 🙏 my family and friends aren’t like this.

Judy

Well the whole thing was weird. The Olympics, their religion, that the truth will come out.

I shake my head. I can find anything on the internet if I desperately wanted to believe in it.

People are destroying their lives over this but they don’t realize it.

Stefanie

Well the whole thing was weird. The Olympics, their religion, that the truth will come out.

I shake my head. I can find anything on the internet if I desperately wanted to believe in it.

People are destroying their lives over this but they don’t realize it.
What's their religion?

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
A million years ago on a skating/gymnastics gossip board, someone described Jamie as one of those ignorant Canadian girls who won't think twice about saying "I'm not racist, but immigrants are taking all our jobs" to a group of people. I thought it was hilariously true then, but it's sad to see how... far Jamie has continued to go down that line. I think her post-skating career(s) has been tough for her because she's not very bright, and this Q-crowd makes her feel special and smart.

As someone who was a big fan of S&P as amateur skaters... well, I guess I can relate to those who used to be Yagudin fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information