Coughlin's Former Pairs Partner Alleges He Abused Her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vagabond

im endlessly fascinated that Tara is married to Craig Maurizzi yet doesnt believe anyone else's story
https://archive.org/stream/therivals00sheriala/therivals00sheriala_djvu.txt
Mrs. Malaprop said:
Oh, there's nothing to be hoped for from her! She's as headstrong as an allegory on the banks of the Nile denial.
:COP:
Um why didn’t she leave that partnership and stayed in it for so long? It’s not like he had any authority over her.
http://ae-lib.org.ua/texts-c/tolkien__the_hobbit__en.htm
Gandalf said:
I see they have begun to arrive already.
:watch:

okokok777

"Replying to a post in support of Coughlin, who committed suicide Jan. 18, Bridget Namiotka wrote, “I’m sorry but john (sic) hurt at least 10 people including me. He sexually abused me for 2 years. Nobody innocent hangs themself (sic).” (USA Today)

As some of you may know, I am currently preparing a series on sexual misconduct in figure skating for my blog (I talk more about this here).

Now that Bridget Namiotka has come forward, I feel comfortable giving a bit more information. As she stated, at least 10 girls have accused John Coughlin of sexual harassment and abuse. These accusations span over a decade. To my knowledge, Namiotka's is the oldest report of abuse.

Feel free to DM me if you have any other questions and I'll try my best to answer them.

RoseRed

Of course, she's not correct that innocent people never commit suicide, because that absolutely can happen.

But that doesn't negate the importance of the rest of what she said.

And at least 10 women ... wow.

easilydistracte

Geezette
Um why didn’t she leave that partnership and stayed in it for so long? It’s not like he had any authority over her.
She was "14-17" years old when all of this happened. He was "18-21." How many teenaged girls are confident enough to speak out about something an ADULT male is doing; especially since the whole pairs partnership is supposed to be based on TRUST?

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
Well, of course that is going to happen. And there will no doubt be some vilification in this very thread before it gets closed. ;)

Which, given the way it's going, won't be long now.

Can we please show some common sense here and, once again, avoid speculation and blaming the accuser?

No reason to believe her at all. Why would you believe her? Where is proof? Where is evidence?

Let's start with you. This will be your last post in this thread, one way or another. It can be your choice or mine.

For everyone else, think before you post, and remember--most of you don't know anything about the specifics of this case and there is no point in speculating about possibilities.

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
Poor Bridget. I am glad she feels comfortable speaking out.

I knew John, like I said. Not well. Nice guy, always fun to be around, which is what made this whole situation so shocking to me and lots of people I know who knew him well. But anyone can do stuff like this and you'd never know. She has no reason to lie, and even though I liked John as a person from what I saw of him, I remember thinking the whole thing with Caydee was very, very strange and inappropriate. But you justify these things when you see only one side of a person.

Also Tara Modlin stfu you are a piece of sh*t. What about your husband who had been abused. Good Lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information