Cipres accused of sexual misconduct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gris

不做奴才做公民
The girl and her parents allege Zimmerman and Fontana intimidated the girl for several weeks, telling her that she was at fault for receiving the pictures because she was a “pretty girl and men have their needs,” that no one would believe her and that she would be shamed on social media, particularly in France, where Cipres is popular.

This is so f*cked up.

Viscaro

The allegation are indeed very serious. Why are you not surprised @Zemgirl ? Have you heard other allegations against him, or did he say borderline comments before ?

clairecloutier

Wow. So many careers are in jeopardy here. Just wow.

My first concern is the victim and that justice be done if the allegations are true (as seems likely, sadly enough).

However, I also can't help but be concerned how this will affect the other skaters who train there and who have major competitions coming up (Aymoz, Denney/Frazier, Meite).

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
If all true and Cipres being an idiot aside, where are the allegations against the said Vinny Dispenza, who, IIUC asks underage girls prey for inappropriate photos offering the kids a bribe? (who on earth is Vinny Dispenza?)
`The girl and her parents said a fourth adult also was involved in the alleged incident. Vinny Dispenza, another coach at the AdventHealth Center Ice rink, told the girl and another underage girl, whose family could not be reached for comment, to message Cipres asking him to send the photos to the girls in exchange for the promise of a pizza from Dispenza. '

Viscaro

Yes indeed collateral damage is secondary when people still think that women and even girls are open bar meat. I am glad the girl does not have to just get over it and people start to be accountable for their actions.
It does pose the future of the their training center as a whole into question. I feel sorry for the innocent skaters affected by this, but we cannot let it be unanswered.

Orm Irian

This isn’t an issue of someone’s complaint being taken seriously. There are photos.

You'd be surprised at how often even photographic or video evidence has been dismissed in the past, on the basis that boys will be boys and girls will be prey, and look at what she was wearing - don't you think she was asking for it? - and so on and so forth, ad infinitum, ad nauseam. Because people often see what it suits them to see, even in photographs.

That didn't happen here. That's good.

firstflight

If all true and Cipres being an idiot aside, where are the allegations against the said Vinny Dispenza, who, IIUC asks underage girls prey for inappropriate photos offering the kids a bribe? (who on earth is Vinny Dispenza?)
`The girl and her parents said a fourth adult also was involved in the alleged incident. Vinny Dispenza, another coach at the AdventHealth Center Ice rink, told the girl and another underage girl, whose family could not be reached for comment, to message Cipres asking him to send the photos to the girls in exchange for the promise of a pizza from Dispenza. '

Nothing in the article suggests he’s not part of the investigation.

believed

“Please ask her to share with you the many statements that have been made to her over the past few weeks (mostly by John) in an attempt to manipulate or scare her into keeping quiet,” the tutor wrote of the young skater. “She has been told that telling will place a target on her back with French fans, that she is the type of girl who does this (collect pics), that she has been asking for it by her clothing choices, that her dad is an attorney and imagine what he will do if he finds out, that she will destroy his career and that of his partner, and much more.”

“I received that email,” Bushman said in a phone interview Monday afternoon. “I did what I was bound to do ethically. I contacted the parents. I contacted the authorities. I wanted to make sure the child was safe.”

I’m glad that the adults in this situation were able to take the appropriate action. I hate that this happened to her.

starrynight

Why on earth would an adult coach try to bribe a 13 year old with pizza to dare her to ask Cipres for photos of his privates?

This is like some kind of horror show truth or dare. Astonishingly immature and sinister at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information