Chantastic....the return of Patrick

screech

It seems like Patrick is throwing the first pitch at the Jays game tonight in Toronto. IceNetwork had some fun responses to his query of what kind of pitch to throw (and Eric Radford replied to just not embarrass himself).
https://twitter.com/Pchiddy/status/890214515362672642

And there's also a new article/interview where he talks about the first pitch (he thought about trying a curveball but is going for a fastball), cars, music, his skating academy in Vancouver, politics, hockey, and his thoughts on quads
Oh, stress. It gives me a lot of stress and anxiety. The sport of figure skating is changing, by the day. We've got guys, now, doing four or five different types of quads. When we were in Sochi, it was two different types. Now, we're boosted up to three more. It's getting insane. I think it's becoming a little more clear to me what direction the sport is going. I have a hard time keeping up. The new generation is coming in, and that's the generation that is doing the five quads. They're the 16-, 17-year-olds. So I'm a decade older than some of them. It's evolving. You can't say it's either bad or good — it's both.
I remember trying a quad flip three weeks ago. I did the first one, and I fell. I made enough of the rotations that I fell on my big muscles. But then I went up and did another one, with the same level of confidence, and didn't quite make it around enough. It was completely on my hip. I couldn't skate for two days, or jump properly for two days, just because my hip was so bruised.

Last edited:

quartz

scratching at the light
Yes, Dust is far from my favorite, I'm just happy that he is skating to my favorite band, and terrified it won't be the original version. :slinkaway

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

Debrah

Praying both program clips s get uploaded to you tube because the twitter parts simply won't play for me, not sure why not, see Debrah's tears falling down her face in frustration...

screech

I said this in the Canadian Men thread, but holy hell has his 3A improved under team Marina. Even last year, though he didn't hit it 100% of the time, he definitely had much more success than previously, and it just overall looks easier for him.

He'd mentioned recently that he's been practicing a 4F. If he gets it going well in practice, I wonder where he would put it into the LP?

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

Debrah

Both programs are simply mesmerizing even this early in the season; I can't wait to see them both fully cooked!!! Thanks to whoever uploaded them to youtube; see Debrah blowing kisses and saying thanks for drying her tears and turning her frown upside down...

kittysk8ts

Two new lovely programs from our boy :) No, he has never done the 3A-half loop-3S combo in competition! It was a beauty :) I am super happy he is with Marina and Oleg and company. They were a good choice for him :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information