Chag Chanukah sameach! Happy Hanukkah

fan

Happy Hanukkah. Though it is a minor festival, and only “important” in western culture due to its proximity with Christmas, it’s still a fun time with all of its junk food, singing and for some, gift giving.

chanukah is the Festival of Lights - and who doesn’t need a bit of light now?

חג שמח

MsZem

I see the sea
Happy Hanukkah. Though it is a minor festival, and only “important” in western culture due to its proximity with Christmas, it’s still a fun time with all of its junk food, singing and for some, gift giving.

chanukah is the Festival of Lights - and who doesn’t need a bit of light now?

חג שמח
How dare you suggest that latkes, the best of all holiday culinary options, are junk food!

Happy Hanukkah, let's hope for some miraculous times ahead :)

fan

How dare you suggest that latkes, the best of all holiday culinary options, are junk food!

Happy Hanukkah, let's hope for some miraculous times ahead :)
I was thinking more of the soufganiyot (donuts) and chocolate gelt (coins). Fried potatoes in oil are one of the 4 food groups, נכון?

Vagabond

Happy Hanukkah! 🕎

NPR's annual "Hanukkah Lights" program, an hour-long collection of Hanukkah stories will be broadcast on local affiliates this evening, generally at 6:00 or 6:30 p.m., but you can find it as a podcast here.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
OMG! I never know what to serve with the latkes. (I keep Kosher - no meat and dairy). And those dang latkes take almost ever pan, bowl, grater, and pot in my kitchen........but so worth it. BTW - the sufganyot are really fun to make with the kidlets. There is blending, stirring, measuring, and rolling in sugar. BEST!

I found this: Bohemian Hanukkah - enjoy.

MsZem

I see the sea
I was thinking more of the soufganiyot (donuts) and chocolate gelt (coins). Fried potatoes in oil are one of the 4 food groups, נכון?
They are indeed. I don't know anyone who considers chocolate a Hanukkah food, though.

SFAIK, they traditionally are served with applesauce.
Nope, that's maybe common among some (Americans...) but it's not the only option by any means. Would people eat fries with applesauce? All that's needed is a sprinkling of salt!

Also why would the latkes be anything but parve? Whoever says you must use schmaltz is so wrong.

Last edited:

paskatefan

Chag Chanukah Sameach! ❤️ ✡️🕎🇺🇸🇮🇱🌎☮️

We put applesauce on our latkes (so there is no issue of mixing meat with dairy). The sour cream is for the cheese blintzes in our home.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
They are indeed. I don't know anyone who considers chocolate a Hanukkah food, though.

Nope, that's maybe common among some (Americans...) but it's not the only option by any means. Would people eat fries with applesauce? All that's needed is a sprinkling of salt!

Also why would the latkes be anything but parve? Whoever says you must use schmaltz is so wrong.
Sour cream. Or Greek yogurt. I insist on this....

We "lit candles" by Zoom with our Israeli grown kids at 11:00 this morning and sang songs. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information