CBC Documentary - "To the Worlds" (Canada)

ElizabethAnne

On Jan 18th (9 PM EST) CBC is airing a documentary program with the following description: "Mature women compete in international figure skating, defying gravity, doubts, and their doctors." On the guide the program shows as "CBC Docs POV". Could be interesting. I haven't checked to see if it is being streamed.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Thanks to those jumping Russian wonder tots, these days, 'mature' could mean anyone over twelve.

Since the documentary is about adult skaters, I can't understand why CBC didn't just call them, well, adult skaters. Unless they thought viewers might expect a documentary about Nudes on Ice :lol:

Habs

A bitch from Canada
I watched this last night and really enjoyed it. Now I want to take up adult skating and form my own little club. :D

manhn

I enjoyed it too. They also filmed the skating performances quite well.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I really enjoyed it too. I just hope that the scenes of the fall and of ambulances and injuries won't scare adults away from wanting to get involved in adult skating.

Anemone

I was able to record it and watched it earlier in the week. Very interesting.

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
It was really good, I watched this and I love their stories. Skating is truly age-less.

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
I believe it’s only available on CBC’s website, not sure how you can view from outside

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information