Britney Spears

PeterG

Sure they can. Happens all the time.

So you think Britney was suicidal for the four years of her residency in Las Vegas and therefore should remain under both the personal and financial conservatorship imposed upon her?

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
So you think Britney was suicidal for the four years of her residency in Las Vegas and therefore should remain under both the personal and financial conservatorship imposed upon her?
No you misunderstand. She was bipolar not suicidal for for four years.

PeterG

No you misunderstand. She was bipolar not suicidal for for four years.

See post 270 by @Husky - the two of us were wondering if Britney's father was basing his actions on whether Britney was suicidal. The matter of bi-polar disorder was not part of the specific (singular) matter we were discussing.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I have no internet so cannot look it up
But I will do some research after the tech comes tomorrow atBP. 7:30Am.

antmanb

I think it's more than conservatorship in CA is a horrible mess. I am pretty sure everything that has happened is legal. But it's unethical and the law needs to change to make unethical behavior illegal.

My concerns are more around the allegations in the latest documentary - particularly if her father/co conservators were monitoring her communications with her lawyer. I don't think that would ever be legal in any circumstances conservatorship or not.

I also would like someone to pour over the accounts and work out why marketing fees aimed at painting her dad in a better light to the media and defending the conservatorship were somehow dressed up as legal fees that Britney had to pay for.

It sounds to me like they've all been dipping into Britney's money and using it in the name of the conservatorship and I wonder how much of that was genuinely authorised or how much is actual fraud.

FiveRinger

My concerns are more around the allegations in the latest documentary - particularly if her father/co conservators were monitoring her communications with her lawyer. I don't think that would ever be legal in any circumstances conservatorship or not.

I also would like someone to pour over the accounts and work out why marketing fees aimed at painting her dad in a better light to the media and defending the conservatorship were somehow dressed up as legal fees that Britney had to pay for.

It sounds to me like they've all been dipping into Britney's money and using it in the name of the conservatorship and I wonder how much of that was genuinely authorised or how much is actual fraud.
This is the reason her dad has been fighting so hard. Now that he has been suspended, all of the business papers and dealings have to be turned over. They will be investigated by the new temporary conservator of the estate (not the person) and forensic accounting team. Then we will know the real of who was getting what. The legal experts are saying that the first thing that will happen is that her dad is going to be responsible for a mountain of bills including his own.

screech

How easy will it be for her dad (et al) to hide their accounting details? I'm just wondering if they will 'lose' documents, or be able to pass off fake ones?

MacMadame

Doing all the things
How easy will it be for her dad (et al) to hide their accounting details? I'm just wondering if they will 'lose' documents, or be able to pass off fake ones?
Losing might work but the banks will have the originals. Also, if they submit fake ones, they could get into SO. MUCH. TROUBLE if they get caught. It's much easier to come up with a justification for the expenses. Even if the justification gets denied, it's not as bad as if they commit outright fraud.

screech

So today is the day of the trial that determines whether the conservatorship will end.
I wonder what will happen regarding the requests for financial documents, and info on how the conservatorship was run - Britney's lawyer says TriStar was stonewalling him.

LeafOnTheWind

I really hope people aren't too quick to judge her for any mistakes she might make in the future. We all make them. She has never really had a chance to learn how to decide things for herself with that much micromanagement. She's bound to make a few and that shouldn't overshadow her right to make them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information