Boikova-Kozlovski Cheer thread

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Is it too early to start a fan thread for this young team?

I didn't see their skating live, but the video of their LP at Skate Canada gave me hope that may be pairs skating that I fell in love with is not yet dead. I heard that they had been inconsistent up to that point. Their mistake on the sbs jumps in the SP probably cost them a medal at SC. I hope they continue to improve and most important, develop consistency.

They have Big elements, which is important to get to the top. Great height/ distance in the 3twist/the throws. They have wonderful postures, lines, and for a young team their unison is quite good. Their choice of music was traditional - Dark Eyes for SP, and The Nutcracker for the LP, which they delivered very well. I loved Dmitri's reaction when they finished. She really looked like Sugarplum Fairy in that outfit.

They are just 16 and 18, but they have a great coach- Tamara Moskvina- and I hope to see them grow and get to the top.

oleada

I loved them since their first JGP! :cheer: it’s great to see them do so well. They’re so talented and always had great potential but they’ve had some real growing pains in the past year.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Cross-posting from T/M thread:

Ah look, it’s a Russian Meagan and Eric!!!

You mean because they try to up ante with sbs 3lzes? They have otherwise nothing in common with Meagan and Eric, aside maybe from fearless ambition. ;)

They are an attractive pair and very talented. Judges always reward Russian pairs well, so it won't take them too long. At least they appear to have interesting personalities and promising presentation skills, which is not true across-the-board for Russian pairs teams. With Moskvina and Minchuk behind them, how can they go wrong?

aftershocks

Banned Member
I loved them.

They have it all.

I can see them overtaking Tarasova and Morozov this quad.

They’re that good.

They are good, yes. But they still have a way to go and things to learn. Their youthful immaturity still shows, IMO. Of course they have more fierce personality on display than T/M have ever managed to muster. :p But T/M at their best are still better and more experienced at this point. We'll see. With the right material and forward growth, sure B/K can challenge and perhaps eventually surpass T/M, but not this season unless T/M's seeming eroding confidence begins to trip them up royally at every competition they enter.

And anyhoo, I don't see how B/K can overtake T/M, while T/M are still seemingly being touted as number 1 in the pairs field? :COP: At this point, of course, the pairs field is being influenced by the exciting, accomplished and uniquely different J/C. Pairs in general, including Russian pairs, are displaying more western-influenced music and flair, as well as ice-dance-influenced movement choices. And of course, the entire pairs field was changed by the innovations of Savchenko/ Szolkowy/ Steuer, and more recently impacted by choreographers like Julie Marcotte and John Kerr.

Last edited:

GreenGan

I didn't see their LP when I was looking at pair in SC, so I hadn't seen it before I saw people talking about them. They look young indeed but they are very promising. Still some hesitation going here and there, but it's early in the season and their basics skating looks effortless. Easy on the jumps, good GoE.. A team to watch !

Mad for Skating

Cross-posting from T/M thread:

You mean because they try to up ante with sbs 3lzes? They have otherwise nothing in common with Meagan and Eric, aside maybe from fearless ambition. ;)

They are an attractive pair and very talented. Judges always reward Russian pairs well, so it won't take them too long. At least they appear to have interesting personalities and promising presentation skills, which is not true across-the-board for Russian pairs teams. With Moskvina and Minchuk behind them, how can they go wrong?

Haha, I was just making references to the Lutzes. Stylistically the two pairs are very different. I think B/K really have the potential to make some magic soon!

Mad for Skating

Count me in as a fan. I've had my eye on them since their first junior season. They have "it" and Artur Minchuk (one of the coaches) was Ksenia Stolbova's first pairs partner!

I remember the story about Stolbova/Minchuk! Apparently they skated two years together, but they both had big personalities and that didn’t work out. He seems to be doing well as a coach though.

NAOTMAA

I had no clue they were first both singles skaters first (both trained with Mishin) and only started pairs in 2015. Three seasons and they already look this good! If they continue to improve (like adding some more speed and power) they can become a real dominate force :respec:

fingers crossed!

Spun Silver

I had no clue they were first both singles skaters first (both trained with Mishin) and only started pairs in 2015. Three seasons and they already look this good! If they continue to improve (like adding some more speed and power) they can become a real dominate force :respec:

fingers crossed!
I don't think they need anything but good programs. They are such eager beavers! Send them to Lori Nichol if necessary and the world is their oyster.

Mad for Skating

fingers crossed!

That’s amazing! Three years? They look like they’ve been doing it their whole lives. Really promising young team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information