Big Storm on the East Coast

orbitz

Does anyone here commute into D.C. for work and plan on getting to work tomorrow? Only the underground metros will be running and only with limited stops. Buses will also be limiting. The Federal Government will be closed tomorrow. I'm a federal contractor, but my particular group doesn't have permission to telecommute (Other groups in my project can work from home, which is very unfair.) So it looks like I'll use my vacation hours to stay home tomorrow unless I want to try driving into D.C., which I don't really.

DobrinFan

Does anyone here commute into D.C. for work and plan on getting to work tomorrow? Only the underground metros will be running and only with limited stops. Buses will also be limiting. The Federal Government will be closed tomorrow. I'm a federal contractor, but my particular group doesn't have permission to telecommute (Other groups in my project can work from home, which is very unfair.) So it looks like I'll use my vacation hours to stay home tomorrow unless I want to try driving into D.C., which I don't really.

I commute the other way (DC to Columbia) and I am not going to work. I have nothing to plow the wall of snow surrounding my car. Most of my colleagues are not going either so our job is only open for limited hours with limited staff. Outside of 16th St NW the roads surrounding my neighborhood are a disaster.

twinsissv

Not telling, that wasn't part of the original question :p

Guess I'll have to contact CNN to find out just what it is that we won since they announced it as if it was a great victory. Nobody told us that the winner would get a snow/blizzard event ticket to...FRUSTRATION!!!:wall:

POSTAL CARRIER...DON'T COME HERE! YOU CAN'T FIND THE STEPS!!! (...I CAN'T EITHER!) BUT I KNOW THEY'RE HERE...SOMEWHERE. :confused:

judiz

We hired landscapers to do our snow removal but they never showed up nor returned our calls. I finally went out and shoveled and injured my back again. Back is in pain and my right arm and leg are tingling.

ballettmaus

They just showed up at my parents' street with a small digger (excavator? Not sure about the correct word) to remove the snow from the street...

Rob

Beach Bum
Our street was cleared last night so I came to work - I live just 3 miles from the office. Roads were fine if you have 4WD, I saw some small cars slipping a little turning corners so I wouldn't go out without 4WD.

LOL moment. Yesterday, my husband was out shoveling, and I heard something at the door so I opened it - a neighbor's dog came racing in. My neighbor took him out to play in the snow while he was shoveling and with all the walls of snow, he got confused as to which house was his. He ran around like "um, what is this, where did my kitchen go?" My cat's face was like "WHAAAAAAAT?"

twinsissv

We hired landscapers to do our snow removal but they never showed up nor returned our calls. I finally went out and shoveled and injured my back again. Back is in pain and my right arm and leg are tingling.

Oh no! Don't! :yikes: It's not worth doing damage to yourself. Authorities are being extra patient with sidewalk clearance laws I hear. They really have no choice.

judiz

The landscapers showed up this morning, my husband told them to go away. I think we will just hire a high schooler next time.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

Oh No! Please take care of yourself.

Bostonfan

I am having to shovel every 5 hours for my little dogs. The snow is too soft for them to run on top of the way they usually do. Not looking forward to that at 2 am. We have around 20" so far. There has only been one snowfall this heavy in the past five years.

Now imagine getting five storms just like that in a 6 week period, and that's my winter last year. So glad MA has been spared thus far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information