Big Storm on the East Coast

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I heard of this impending storm the other day. I am concerned about our fsu friends (and the general population of course) that may be impacted by it.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/22/us/winter-snowstorm-washington-blizzard/index.html

Couple days ago our security guard was talking to her family in NJ and she told me that they had 18 inches of snow! Now I am reading that the DC area is likely to have the worst storm ever.

Be safe, you all, and keep in touch.

ilovepaydays

I live in Arlington County, VA (DC area) and it started snowing about an hour ago. There is already an inch on the ground. We could get 20-30 inches by Saturday night. I'm ready for cabin fever - got plenty of snacks and drinks (and yes, wine!) and (hopefully!) a great U.S. Nationals!

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
I'm so glad you stocked up ahead of time! The wine sounds good also! :) Stay safe and warm, and I'm ready for a great Nationals, too! :cheer2:

dinakt

I hope everybody is safe, and I feel bad for everybody who needs to get places and cannot (the main thing!), but I am also envious. Snow! Cross-country skiing! The storm just avoids us, making for a dull and skiing-free winter.

Skate Talker

I heard of this impending storm the other day. I am concerned about our fsu friends (and the general population of course) that may be impacted by it.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/22/us/winter-snowstorm-washington-blizzard/index.html

Couple days ago our security guard was talking to her family in NJ and she told me that they had 18 inches of snow! Now I am reading that the DC area is likely to have the worst storm ever.

Be safe, you all, and keep in touch.
My bro is in NJ and in an email late yda told me they weren't expecting any snow until tonight.

Johnny_Fever

I live in Arlington County, VA (DC area) and it started snowing about an hour ago. There is already an inch on the ground. We could get 20-30 inches by Saturday night. I'm ready for cabin fever - got plenty of snacks and drinks (and yes, wine!) and (hopefully!) a great U.S. Nationals!
DC is a bad enough commute on a sunny day.

Spun Silver

We are battened down a bit anxiously. I worry most about my two feral cats, but they are fat and furry and always manage. Good luck, all!

ilovepaydays

I think I have 18-20 inches so far at my apartment here in Arlington County, VA. I did check and clear around my car some but I'm waiting until my apartment clears the parking lot and it warms up before I do too much more. I (hopefully) don't think I will need to drive my car for awhile, anyway.

Meanwhile - At the Smithsonian Zoo in DC, someone is having fun in the snow. I'm giving a +1 for the Level 3 Snow Angel. Not sure about PCS right now.

twinsissv

Maryland had thunder-snow overnight with just a little lightning thrown in to make it more interesting. :HA!: We've got over 18 inches and expecting a whole lot more tonight! Snowdrifts are humongous and we can't see the cars anymore but the snowplows will come along and bury them against the curb anyway. :duh: I have to admit it is beautiful from inside. :) I'd like to go out to refill the bird feeder, but the combatants are beginning to look a little too Alfred Hitchcock right now. Really fierce and in huge numbers...all sizes and species. Mother Nature is kicking some serious butt and showing us who is in charge! That's okay...we'll be out and about by...spring. :lol:

Southpaw

Saint Smugpawski
We have a foot here around NYC already and they're saying we're getting another foot, maybe more. :cold:

twinsissv

Every time we have days like this, I find myself repeating over and over and over that...NO TWO SNOWFLAKES ARE EVER THE SAME!
I've been marveling over that fact for years and still can't believe it.
By the way...who's checking them?;)

Last edited:

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Downtown DC, on sofa watching Nats, and the blizzard is fiercer than ever. I think 30" is about right.

orbitz

I've been stuffing my face all day being stuck inside. I don't think I'll be venturing out anywhere tomorrow either so it'll be more pigging out, LOL. I'm so glad that I moved last summer to an apartment with underground parking; No snow shoveling for me this year :)

Spun Silver

I am having to shovel every 5 hours for my little dogs. The snow is too soft for them to run on top of the way they usually do. Not looking forward to that at 2 am. We have around 20" so far. There has only been one snowfall this heavy in the past five years.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I am very grateful to those journalists, soldiers,police, etc. for braving the weather.

Last edited:

aliceanne

My neighbors across the street have lost their power. There are no street lights on.

This is wet snow. It is supposed to be sunny tomorrow. By tomorrow evening it will be like cement. Sigh.

Rob

Beach Bum
We got about 24-26 inches. It's very dry and powdery here in Bethesda MD so we were able to use the snowblower every 4-6 hours and keep up with it. And we didn't lose power so I watched Nationals. Except they checked the last hour of the afternoon coverage for storm stuff.

twinsissv

Baltimore is the winner! 29.2 inches! The most of any major east coast city!:40beers:
Okay...what do we win? :D Oh...nothing.:confused:
We get to shovel longer than anyone else. Gee...thanks. :duh: (...sigh...)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information