• Kitty & Peter Carruthers

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 11 11.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
There were many talented pairs that Just did not become Olympic champions, due to various reasons.

Babilonia/Gardner were sadly not able to compete in the 1980 Olympics, but I decided to include them. They were the reigning world champions at the time. They withdrew just before the SP due to Randy's injury.

I did not include Selezneva/Makarov, Zhang/Zhang, Ina/Zimmerman, Petrova/Tikhonov, and others because I ran out of options.

Which One pair from the poll was the best -in your opinion-from this group? Please tell us why.

Last edited:

Spiralgraph

I'm glad you included B/G (a/k/a Tai & Randy) because that's who I voted for. Sure other people can and will disagree but I remember Tai and Randy vividly and they were worthy competitors for the OGM and I'm still sad all these years later they had to withdraw.

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
I voted Pang and Tong who I think should have won in 2010.

But then I saw tony’s post saying S/S and they are a great choice too. I didn’t instantly think of them.

VGThuy

I picked Babilonia/Gardner just because I didn't feel that strongly about any other choice and I love Tai's IG support on other skaters' pages. Plus, I caught some TV movie about her life on Lifetime many years ago and she seemed like she'd be an awesome lady to party with.

Brenda_Bottems

Banned Member
The Carruthers were far superior to the Soviets. The Carruthers only lacked a triple toe loop. However,all aspects of their skating was better including body line,flow,carriage and chemistry. They deserved the Olympic Gold Medal.

Additionally,they receive an extra tenth for Peter's exceptional good looks and masculinity.

-BB

Last edited:

mjb52

Plus Kitty probably made the judges think of cats which should always be a plus. Is there a way to add that to the code of points do you think?

Last edited:

Panja

They won in 1992 :lol:
I know, but I still think they were the best in 1994 when they got silver. Much as I liked G/G, I thought M/D were great in their LP - in fact it's one of the programmes I rewatch and rewatch even now.

blue_idealist

Savchenko/Szolkowy

I voted for B/G because they might've won it if they hadn't had to withdraw, but S/S is actually a better choice. It seemed like they never skated their best at the Olympics and always had some mistake that took them off the gold-medal spot, even if they skated better at the World Championships in that same year.

timwarpingout

Savchenko & Szolkowy for sure. 5 time World Champions. No contest.

Pang & Tong would be my choice of the ones you listed. Great longevity, lots of medals, 2 world titles, and arguably should have won in 2010.

timwarpingout

I voted for B/G because they might've won it if they hadn't had to withdraw, but S/S is actually a better choice. It seemed like they never skated their best at the Olympics and always had some mistake that took them off the gold-medal spot, even if they skated better at the World Championships in that same year.

S/S also never could have won in 2014 with it being in Russia and the momentum Voloshzar & Trankov had. In 2010 they could have won with how the competition played out for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information