Autumn Weather Question

Cachoo

Where are you?
Does the weather feel like Autumn to you?
Is this unusual weather for your area?

1. Kansas
2. Mid 80's
3. Usual now--not my idea of Autumn but it could be warmer so I'll take it.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
We're having a heatwave. It's pretty normal to have one hot week in Sept and one in Oct. in the middle of Fall weather. So it's not Fall weather but it's not unusual either.

Susan1

Ohio. We get 2-3 fall days and then high 80's/low 90's with humidity for 3 days (coming this Friday through Sunday) with high 60's - 70 at night. A little bit of rain every once in awhile. A lot of this area is in drought. This is the second Wednesday in a row I haven't had to have my grass mowed. There was a week each in July and August that it was too dry and not growing that I didn't have to have it mowed too. Saves money though. This is not good for leaf colors. I remember noticing that we didn't have an Indian Summer last year (warm weather after a cold snap).

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
We might actually experience Autumn usually around the last week in October. For now, the temps are still in the 90's and the low in the mornings are anywhere from 73 to 76 degrees. It's still summer here as far as I'm concerned, and my grass in the yard is scorched because of the heat. But it's that way all over town, and there are burn bans throughout the mid and northern parishes.

moebius

Right now it's a whopping 97 F. Never seen it this high in the last 22 years. Usually it's in the mid 70's or maybe low-mid 80's.

Japanfan

Vancouver, BC, Canada: 16.8 C. We've had warmer Septembers before, and more rain than usual for September.

clairecloutier

Boston. I feel like it’s been a fairly typical September around here? Most days we’re still in the 70s, but we’ve also had days dipping well down into the 60s. And a couple hot days. Nights are getting noticeably cooler. It is drier than usual—not much rain—which for me is a positive. Yes, it feels like early autumn.

quartz

scratching at the light
Still very warm in SW Ontario. I have 5 pairs of cute, brand new boots. I love boots. I want it to be cool enough to wear my cute boots.

myhoneyhoney

California and it's HOT. High 90's the last few days but predicted to go down a bit the next few days. As far as I'm concerned, it's still summer and I am over it. Bring on winter!

Susan1

Ohio. We get 2-3 fall days and then high 80's/low 90's with humidity for 3 days (coming this Friday through Sunday) with high 60's - 70 at night. A little bit of rain every once in awhile. A lot of this area is in drought. This is the second Wednesday in a row I haven't had to have my grass mowed. There was a week each in July and August that it was too dry and not growing that I didn't have to have it mowed too. Saves money though. This is not good for leaf colors. I remember noticing that we didn't have an Indian Summer last year (warm weather after a cold snap).
fyi - it was 50* at 6 a.m. Tuesday, today it was 70* at 6 a.m. It's supposed to be 93 now on Monday. I haven't even looked at a 7 day forecast. (In 1989 we had the earliest and most snow on record for October on the 19th - 4.8 inches. It was gone in a couple days and my stepson was wearing short sleeves for trick-or-treat two weeks later.)

flyingsit

It's fall in Denver -- warm and sunny during the day but falling into the high 50s/upper 40s overnight. Mid-late October is when it really gets fun; we can be 80 one day, snow the next, 75 the day after.

Cachoo

Portland, Oregon. We never really had a summer this year. Below normal temps & cloudy.

And for the last two weeks our weather has been more reflective of late October weather. :(
I envy you. I LOVE that sort of weather. Today it finally feels cooler here.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
74 F high today vs 87 F on Monday. Torrential rains Monday and Tuesday. Flooding continues along the river, it seems like it will never dry up.

Peaches LaTour

My friend in Alabama said their weather remains very, very hot & humid. No rain. They are beginning to have a lot of small grass fires. Not good.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Eastern Massachusetts. We’re getting fall some evenings, but the days are still warmer than we normally expect. I’ve only needed to wear socks during the day (my sure sign that it’s cooler) once so far.

For us, fall is daytimes in the 50s and 60s with nights in the 40s.

Susan1

Decided it was cool enough to put up my autumn wreath!
I always put mine up on Labor Day no matter what the weather is because it goes down to put up the Christmas one from Thanksgiving till New Year's Day. :)

So, my running weather report - it's 90* and there is a "don't burn stuff" warning because it is so dry and windy. It was 50* at 6 a.m. and I put a robe on. I don't even have a fan on (haven't since Monday because the humidity is so low). High 80's-low 90's through Wednesday now, lows around 70 and high humidity. This is ridiculous. :(

Susan1

So, my running weather report - it's 90* and there is a "don't burn stuff" warning because it is so dry and windy. It was 50* at 6 a.m. and I put a robe on. I don't even have a fan on (haven't since Monday because the humidity is so low).
It feels like it did when I went to Tucson in October years ago. It was normal 70's here. I wore a 3/4 sleeve loose weave sweater on the plane and carried my windbreaker. Got off the plane and it was 95* at 11 a.m. and I was not hot at all. The whole week I wore jeans and short sleeve sweaters or 3/4 length sleeve tops. When we went up to Mt. Lemon, we had to put out windbreakers on. I took pictures every day, so there is a picture of me in different tops every day. I took my pink romper (shorts - 1980's!) specifically to wear to Nogales, Mexico, and my uncle said no, you can't wear shorts to Mexico. I got back to Ohio after a week at 8:30 at night and it was 39*. My mom brought one of her winter coats in the car for me when they picked me up at the airport.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Petaluma (Sonoma County, California)
It is whack-a-doddle here. This week highs over 100 and lows of 43 degrees. And it was drizzling this morning. Totally nuts.

I ride, and the poor horses don't know whether to grow their winter coats or not. They are sweating in their stalls a 8:00 PM, and freezing at midnight. And then very frisky in the AM. Not good for them, and certainly not good for me LOL>

Susan1

The ice cream truck drove around the neighborhood this afternoon. I've been in this house since 2008 and I've heard it maybe three times ever - in the dead of summer. :rolleyes: :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information