Aurora Games, Albany, NY, August 24

Sylvia

TBD
Like Alysa, Andrea Montesinos Cantu is getting ready for her JGP in Lake Placid next week. I think that was her "Swing Da Cor" SP from last season? Nice opening 3Lz+2T, 3Lo lean/fall, 1A. 8, 7.5, 7.5

Combined scores after SP segment: Team Americas 79 to Team World 72.

ETA:
Alysa told Nancy she's going for the 4 lutz and two 3 axels today.
Looks like she's doing the FS exhibition only.

Lara

Bonjour/Hi to everyone at Worlds!
I hope Hosoda wasn’t the injury mentioned at the top of the broadcast. :( Though if so it might be minor and she withdrew as a precaution.

beckab81

I hope Hosoda wasn’t the injury mentioned at the top of the broadcast. :( Though if so it might be minor and she withdrew as a precaution.

Is that why there are 7 competitors? I missed the first few minutes, and was so confused.

Sylvia

TBD
Leading off the FS portion, Stasia Konstantinova is landing many triples so far! Second half of her music is Malaguena.
Stanislava Konstantinova said "I will not be skating this season's FS, due to organizational issues. For FS you will see me skate to another piece of music, one of my old long-forgotten programmes. I will skate my new SP. But my "Moulin Rouge", while all is ready, the music and the dress, will first be seen at Test Skate".

"Я сейчас нахожусь в Олбани на фестивале Aurora Games, завтра будет мое выступление с короткой и произвольной программами.

К сожалению, я не смогу показать свою новую произвольную. Короткая будет новая, в новом платье – все окей.

Насчет произвольной – все в силе, новая программа для нового сезона, платье готово, программа тоже. По организационным причинам здесь я не смогу прокатать программу из «Мулен Руж». Завтра будет другая музыка, другая постановка, контент и платье тоже будут другими. Будет хорошо забытое старое."
ETA:

She looks very happy afterwards! :) Scores: 10, 10, 10! Team World 102 to 79.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
At first glance I thought Isadora was wearing Sofia's Burlesque dress.

Sylvia

TBD
Olsson received all 7.5s.

Camera showed Paul Wylie & wife Kate, Jackie Joyner-Kersee (Team Americas) and Nadia Comaneci (Team World) having fun in the stands before the commercial.

ETA: Team World 124.5 (extra skate at the moment) and Team Americas 104.5; Mirai is warming up now, along with Meite and Montesinos Cantu.

Last edited:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
So did Ashley only do the SP? Rats. I thought I'd at least catch her in the long.

ETA: Never mind, sounds like she's going to do it after all.

Sylvia

TBD
I think there's a 3rd group that Ashley may be in?

Montesinos Cantu (last season's Cirque du Soleil FS): 3T (Brian B. is excited; he said she told him it's her least favorite jump), 2A, 2F, 3Lz, 3Lo, 2S, fell on flying camel oops, 2A. She looks very happy!

Team Americas 133, Team World 124.5

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information