Ashley Cain & Timothy LeDuc Appreciation Thread

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications šŸ˜
Don't think there has been a thread started but since they have just won 2 SPs in 2 different Challengers within days just need to rave about them.

I love them in pairs like I love Gilles & Poirier in dance - for how they differentiate themselves in their discipline.

I love their maturity, that they can land SBS jumps and their uniqueness of their SBS spins. I also love how in sync their movements are for each other.

I also love their free this year as I was not expecting this style from them. This free could easily become my favorite of the season! :)

Sylvia

TBD
@Spiralgraph started their first fan thread last year :): https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/cain-leduc-fan-thread-the-beginning.100922/

Their Team USA bio: https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=56
SP Music: "Bella Belleā€ by the Electric Swing Circus
FS Music: Music from W.E. soundtrack by Abel Korzeniowski
Choreographer: Pasquale Camerlengo

ETA: In SLC their SP was marred by a fall on the throw 3Lz... it was landed today with slightly negative GOE and the rest of their SP elements were 0 or + GOE. They scored 65.68.

Link to their official website: http://figureskatersonline.com/cain-leduc/

Last edited:

Spiralgraph

Hehe Yep I started their first fan thread last year, I was so chuffed that they had reliable SBS triples and could perform without looking scared out of their wits. If they keep improving I agree they could challenge for the top spot in the USA

Erin

Banned Member
All I am permitted to say is that Mister LeDuc certainly has captured my attention.

-BB

I believe his name is DeLuc, at least according to the US Classic announcer. :p

I hope Mr. Bottems isnā€™t put out by the attention you are giving elsewhere.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

It's nice and very unusual to see such a well - matched team - height wise.

With these two victories back to back, they have certainly put themselves in the mix for that lone spot at the World Championships in Saitama.

chachacha

I donā€™t think you can put them in the mix until they win when thereā€™s actual competition lol like Alexa and Chris and Tarah and Danny and maybe some top Russian and Chinese. Yes they did well at there challenger series events but there was no competition lol šŸ˜‚ so letā€™s see them win at there Grand Prixs or beat Alexa and Chris first as Alexa and Chris is the team to go to Worlds!

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

Congratulations to them for 2 Challenger GOLD medals within 6 days!!!!!!

Peeved that a team dropped out thus no ISU points.... 2 American teams had to travel that far and then there are only 2 other teams there.... what a shame... more should be guaranteed to skaters at an event such as Nepala that 5/6 minimum will be there..... If 2 American teams can travel that far surely there could have been some other Euro teams there.

@chachacha C&L have jumps where Chris does not. Chris and Alexa have the throws and lifts but Im thinking C&L will be at least US silver medalists this year.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

I donā€™t think you can put them in the mix until they win when thereā€™s actual competition lol like Alexa and Chris and Tarah and Danny and maybe some top Russian and Chinese. Yes they did well at there challenger series events but there was no competition lol šŸ˜‚ so letā€™s see them win at there Grand Prixs or beat Alexa and Chris first as Alexa and Chris is the team to go to Worlds!

For U.S. teams, it isn't about competing against the rest of the world, but building consistency. Judges tend to give higher marks to skaters who can show them continued clean programs.

chachacha

For U.S. teams, it isn't about competing against the rest of the world, but building consistency. Judges tend to give higher marks to skaters who can show them continued clean programs.
Iā€™m sure Chris and Alexa will win Skate America. Tim and Ashley are a beautiful team but itā€™s pairs and there pair elements will not hold up against the world level teams. Sheā€™s to talk! But if you are only comparing to teams in the USA then yes! They will be in the mix for silver or bronze at the USA champs but Chris and Alexa will be the team going to worlds with only 1 spot!

Foolhardy Ham Lint

Iā€™m sure Chris and Alexa will win Skate America. Tim and Ashley are a beautiful team but itā€™s pairs and there pair elements will not hold up against the world level teams. Sheā€™s to talk! But if you are only comparing to teams in the USA then yes! They will be in the mix for silver or bronze at the USA champs but Chris and Alexa will be the team going to worlds with only 1 spot!

Looking at the entry list, given that they are the reigning world silver medallists, I'm thinking that Tarasova & Morozov will likely win Skate America.

http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat03108777.htm

Spiralgraph

If Chris and Alexa skate well at Nationals yes, they deserve to go to Worlds. But if they skate a mediocre performance and other US pair teams like Tarah and Danny or Cain/Leduc or Deanna and Nate skate better at Nationals and the GP series etc, it would be an injustice to send the Knierims to worlds no matter what happens. They're currently 15th in the world, that standing doesn't give them an automatic entry to worlds in my opinion. It's better if they earn their way there, like other US teams will have to do.

aftershocks

Banned Member
We don't know what's going to happen going forward. I'm just happy that U.S. pairs teams are determinedly making an effort to steadily improve and to make next level strides internationally. U.S. pairs discipline has suffered undue setbacks because of injury and illness over the past four years. The skaters and coaches are doing everything they can with the resources available to them to make next-level impact on the world stage. It's not an easy process, but there's lots of possibilities and promise. As usual in figure skating, it's all about pushing forward and never giving up.

I think Cain/LeDuc have showed a lot of improvement so far this season, with more intricate lifts, improved speed and two new programs with room for growth. Their sp is okay for them, even though it's a tad too similar to their last season's fp IMO. I'd like to see them work more efficiently on eliminating the occasional URs on jump landings. Ash is a fighter on her landings, but she needs to gain more confidence and better control. Clearly, they have the ability on sbs jumps and throws, but they need to gain smoothness and consistency. Ash often has great height on the throws, but she needs more control and better flow out. And they also need to work on steadily perfecting their throw 3-twist, particularly on the catch and touch down. It's good to see them working on more creative and difficult lifts. Surely they will become steadier and more confident. It is obviously harder to ace difficult lifts when there is not a huge height differential. But they are doing a decent job so far. C/L are a positive and a determined team, so I won't underestimate what they can accomplish, unlike some 'nameless' naysayers.

In future, as they continue to improve, I hope C/L will find more defining and impactful music that suits their style. I liked the more adagio look and feel of their first ever fp. But sure they were just starting out then and going for something a bit easier as a new team. I still think they should look for something that shows off more of their sympatico lines, rather than the cutesy 20s-style showy themes. I think they are still trying to work out who they are as a team and what works best for them to enhance their strengths. They are still a work-in-progress. I really enjoyed the sbs layback spins they showed in their first ever competitive outing a few seasons ago. For some reason, they ditched that spin, maybe because it didn't garner enough points? Anyway, I thought it looked spectacular on them. They have admitted to being a bit more challenged by combination spins as opposed to sbs spins.

I'm not quite sure what music genre would work best for C/L. During the off-season, I suggested the jazz rendition, Walk on the Wild Side for a possible sp. Who knows whether they noticed or considered the suggestion. For a fp, perhaps they should explore something balletic and romantic with an updated edge to it. Why not try for something unexpected and compelling, rather than safe? I think they should get some help exploring different music genres and themes for growth possibilities, and to set themselves apart in a very difficult discipline that has so much tremendous depth and few opportunities for breaking through and maintaining upward momentum.

Last edited:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

I watched both the SP and Free from Nepala for C&L and I think both programs were even better than US Classic... I for sure think their free here should be higher than 115... Even the landings of her throws were a bit better...

I LOVE how they match each others movements... a bit mesmerizing....

They really seem to be getting it together!!!!!!

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

So far this season 3 events, 3 medals!

Ashley Cain, Timothy LeDuc Bounce Back To Claim Bronze At Skate America

https://www.teamusa.org/News/2018/O...-Bounce-Back-To-Claim-Bronze-At-Skate-America

American pairs figure skaters Ashley Cain and Timothy LeDuc are looking to make 2018-19 a breakthrough season, and with a bronze medal at Skate America, they are now well on their way.

After a few mistakes left them in fourth place following the short program on Friday, Cain and LeDuc rebounded in Saturdayā€™s free skate to claim the bronze medal in the first Grand Prix competition of the season in Everett, Washington.

It is the first Grand Prix medal for Cain and LeDuc.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

So far this season 3 events, 3 medals!

Ashley Cain, Timothy LeDuc Bounce Back To Claim Bronze At Skate America

https://www.teamusa.org/News/2018/O...-Bounce-Back-To-Claim-Bronze-At-Skate-America

American pairs figure skaters Ashley Cain and Timothy LeDuc are looking to make 2018-19 a breakthrough season, and with a bronze medal at Skate America, they are now well on their way.

After a few mistakes left them in fourth place following the short program on Friday, Cain and LeDuc rebounded in Saturdayā€™s free skate to claim the bronze medal in the first Grand Prix competition of the season in Everett, Washington.

It is the first Grand Prix medal for Cain and LeDuc.

Being similar in height, they really play to their advantages. It is almost like the pair is an ice dancing team with pair tricks. They have great chemistry, along with excellent body awareness, too.

aftershocks

Banned Member

:violin: :D

It's smarter not to count anyone out...

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

Our girl, Ashley Cain, gives an update one week out to Nationals and also confirms concussion sustained from Croatia!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsq4GF-FNoM/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=7ooishlji9u0

A week from today we will have our first official practice at Nationals! This is something that, a month ago, we were unsure was even going to happen. As many of you know, I suffered a concussion from our fall at Golden Spin in Croatia. Ever since then we have been following the concussion protocol and working our way back up to being strong mentally and physically to compete next week. From barely being able to do 10 minutes on the bike without feeling sick to being able to run full programs this week, we feel ready and capable to take on whatever happens at Nationals. I want to extend a huge thank you to our team who has been with us every single step of this process:
-Our coaches: Darlene and Peter Cain
-The staff from US Figure Skating and the US Olympic Committee
-Our trainers: Christian Ballard, Sam Dumbacher, and Brandon Siakel -Brittani Cookinham who has been monitoring my concussion
-Carley Pearce my sports chiropractor -All of our training mates who have cheered us on and pushed us to be stronger
- Nina Mozer and her team for creating a training plan for us to follow heading into Nationals.
-Most of all, thank you Timothy for being so patient while I worked my way back. You have been strong for the both of us.
We are really grateful that we have this opportunity to compete and we will give it everything we have!

PairSkater12345

Our girl, Ashley Cain, gives an update one week out to Nationals and also confirms concussion sustained from Croatia!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsq4GF-FNoM/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=7ooishlji9u0

A week from today we will have our first official practice at Nationals! This is something that, a month ago, we were unsure was even going to happen. As many of you know, I suffered a concussion from our fall at Golden Spin in Croatia. Ever since then we have been following the concussion protocol and working our way back up to being strong mentally and physically to compete next week. From barely being able to do 10 minutes on the bike without feeling sick to being able to run full programs this week, we feel ready and capable to take on whatever happens at Nationals. I want to extend a huge thank you to our team who has been with us every single step of this process:
-Our trainers: Christian Ballard, Sam Dumbacher, and Brandon Siakel -Brittani Cookinham who has been monitoring my concussion
-Carley Pearce my sports chiropractor -All of our training mates who have cheered us on and pushed us to be stronger
- Nina Mozer and her team for creating a training plan for us to follow heading into Nationals.
-Most of all, thank you Timothy for being so patient while I worked my way back. You have been strong for the both of us.
We are really grateful that we have this opportunity to compete and we will give it everything we have!

Awesome news.......Can't wait to see you guys at nationals !!

skatfan

Glad to hear that they will be able to attend Nationals. Of course, now it is even clearer that the LP they were skating to should have been stopped immediately after the drop on the lift. But so glad things are not as serious as they might have been!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information