Ariana Grande concert in Manchester - possible terrorist ?

Lorac

The headlines were full of "concert sells out in 6 minutes" and now it seems it was ticket scalpers doing their usual thing. Tickets are now being sold for hundreds of pounds on secondary sites because ticket scalpers apparently have no problem cashing in on a terrorist event and the lost lives.

I know the government are trying to create new computer misuse offences for people and companies that buy up tickets using software, but you'd have hoped that morality might have played a part in this particular concert.

Not only that - which I agree is sickening - the organisers offered all those who attended the original concert free tickets to this one. Well they had over 25000 applications for the free tickets but there were only 14200 at the original concert :mad:

antmanb

Not only that - which I agree is sickening - the organisers offered all those who attended the original concert free tickets to this one. Well they had over 25000 applications for the free tickets but there were only 14200 at the original concert :mad:

Yes I saw that too, it's ridiculous what some people will do...and the tickets are priced at only £40 so it's not like they're exorbitantly priced.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Price is not the issue with tickets - it's getting them in the first place. Ticketmaster and the like do not give a crap how the tickets are sold, as long as they are sold. They actually work with ticket resellers - ie online scalpers - as well as do their own resales. In other words, they encourage this behaviour, especially if they can get another cut of the ticket sale when it is resold.

Yes this is a charity concert to help a terrible event, and while taking advantage to make a buck is horrible, I don't blame actual ticket buyers for trying every tactic possible to secure a seat. It's unfortunately what you have to do if you ever want to see a live show by a major artist these days.

antmanb

The only reason I talked about the ticket price was in relation to the people that are pretending they were at the original Ariana Grande concert in order to get a free ticket ( a process that i believe opened before the tickets went on official sale). It's sickening enough that people would lie about being there to get a free ticket, especially since the tickets are only £40, whereas most major artists (like all of the individuals performing at the benefit concert) would charge close to the £100+ mark for a ticket to their concerts.

Lorac

antmanb

The concert last night was very moving and I was really impressed by what was put together in such a short period of time. Credit to Ariana Grande and her people who pulled it together in such a short space of time and it was nice to be able to honour the people that were victims of the events in London too.

On a snarky note: Will I Am always manages to make some kind of blunder (like when he wished the Queen a happy birthday when it was her jubilee celebrations), he came on stage yesterday and said "what's up London" :rofl: :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information