Terrorist attack in Christchurch, New Zealand

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Death toll reaches 50 :(

The idiot in chief is afraid of upsetting the white supremacists if he condemns this heinous crime.

ETA - On my fb I called him Bigot in Chief. I think that is more correct.

Last edited:

ilovepaydays

My apologies for any ignorance about parliamentary governments, but could Anning’s constituency get a recall election? Or does he have to be expelled from Parliament?

Although, even in republics like the U.S., the ability/procedures to have a recall election is determined (and varies widely) at the state level. Some states either don’t allow them or make them practically impossible.

Last edited:

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
My apologies for any ignorance about parliamentary governments, but could Anning’s constituency get a recall election? Or does he have to be expelled from Parliament?

Although, even in republics like the U.S., the ability/procedures to have a recall election is determined (and varies widely) at the state level. Some states either don’t allow them or make them practically impossible.

My understanding is that he would need to be expelled from parliament and that would force a by-election in his seat.

We're expecting a federal election in May-ish so the guy will lose soon enough anyway, but I think expelling him would send a good message.

Not that it will last long as the PM has already made it clear he's running on anti-immigrant rhetoric. And the other guy's a slimebag too. Ugh.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Interesting Pauline Hanson said this morning that she would abstain from any vote on censuring Anning. Not surprising as she is one of the worst racist culprits in Parliament.

When Parliament resumes in a couple of weeks there will be a motion censuring Anning. But I don't think they will go as far as to kick him out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information