American Idol Reboot

merrywidow

I agree that the best vocal of the night was sung by Adam & Demetrius. They both have incredible vocal range.

I'm happy that Laine won. He's only 18 & unfair to compare him to any established singers. Altho I tho't his vocals were better than Lionel's, Luke's & Katie's.

BaileyCatts

That was my Final 3 as well.

3: Madison. What the hell was Luke talking about when he said Madison won the first round!! :wideeyes: Just because she is loud doesn't mean it was good. She missed many, MANY notes in that Shallow song. Luke is nutz. 3rd place is correct for Madison.

2: Alejandro. I'm sorry, but that "Millennial Love" song was just about the dumbest song I have ever heard in my life! So basically he just wrote down "this millennial love" and sings it 11tybillion times in a row. Hearing his 4 original songs all in the same night .... it all sounded like the same thing to me. When he started singing his third song I was like "didn't he just sing this????". :blah: He should have tried out for that new Songland show where the point is to present new/original music, not American Idol where the point is to have a marketable winner.

1: Lanie. :p Lanie is the correct winner of this competition. They could put that 'winner' song on the radio today on either the Pop or Country channels and it works. I wish he woulda sung Hurricane again instead of Bring It On Home for his final song.

Now for next season ... .can we please get rid of Katy Perry!! I'd rather have Paula back before having to sit thru another season of Katy making the show all about her again. :blah:

Last edited:

moebius

3: Madison. What the hell was Luke talking about when he said Madison won the first round!! :wideeyes: Just because she is loud doesn't mean it was good. She missed many, MANY notes in that Shallow song. Luke is nutz. 3rd place is correct for Madison.
Totally agree. She was pitchy on the second song, too.

Judging by the coronation song, it was clearly meant for Laine. That song doesn't fit Alejandro's style. Even Madison would be a better fit for that song than Alejandro.

I wonder if Alejandro is relieved that he didn't win knowing that he would lose some creative control. I remember Blake Lewis and Bo Bice implied that they didn't want to win.

LOL! at Demetrius comment about Alejando that he sings at a volume of '3'.

Katy Perry sounded like Lacy in her duet with Jeremiah, especially at the beginning.

Well, it looked like the audience didn't listen to the judges. None of the judges said that Laine won the first round, yet he ended up being the winner.

I guess Alejandro made history by singing all original songs in the finale. That itself is already a winner, since no contestant has ever or been allowed to do that. On the contrary, I remember Bobby Bones advised Madison not to sing an original song in Hollywood b/c no one would be familiar with it.

Loved Demetrius' falsetto in his duet with Adam.

I wonder how close the votes were. Usually if it's close they would reveal the percentages in the past. I thought it was gonna be really close since Alejandro has many more fans than Laine. But I guess most of Alejandro fans don't/can't vote or Laine has more closet fans than Alejandro or the casual fan preferred Laine to Alejandro.

I still think Alyssa is a more well rounded singer than Madison, even though Madison has better vocals.

Congrats to Laine for being the first AI winner of Asian descent!

Last edited:

skatesindreams

I wonder if Alejandro is relieved that he didn't win knowing that he would lose some creative control.
I hope that the exposure he received here allows him to have a great career; despite not being a singer in the AI "mold".
He is a wonderful musician; and should be celebrated for that.

moebius

Alejandro just sold out a 1300 capacity venue in Berkeley (UC Theatre) the minute it went on sale. He has a full US tour scheduled. His music career is taking off quickly.

Laine is performing at KAABOO Del Mar festival in San Diego. It's a three day festival with Kings of Leon, Dave Matthews Band, and Mumford and Sons as the headliners. This is great exposure for Laine. Hopefully he can gain new fans, even if only less than 100 people show up, since he'll most likely get the earliest time slot, and not many people show up to the festival that early and there'll be bands playing at other stages.

Has any past Idol winners performed at a festival of this size right after winning?

Kudos to both of them for successful starts to their music journey.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Alejandro just sold out a 1300 capacity venue in Berkeley (UC Theatre) the minute it went on sale. He has a full US tour scheduled. His music career is taking off quickly.

Laine is performing at KAABOO Del Mar festival in San Diego. It's a three day festival with Kings of Leon, Dave Matthews Band, and Mumford and Sons as the headliners. This is great exposure for Laine. Hopefully he can gain new fans, even if only less than 100 people show up, since he'll most likely get the earliest time slot, and not many people show up to the festival that early and there'll be bands playing at other stages.

Has any past Idol winners performed at a festival of this size right after winning?

Kudos to both of them for successful starts to their music journey.

Laine was also on the Capitol Fourth show. He sang Johnny B Goode. And the winner of The Voice (forgot her name) was on it too.

ETA: I am not impressed with anything William Hung does. AFAIC he has no musical talent but he's apparently very good at selling himself.

moebius

Just saw a televised interview of Alejandro on our local indie music show (some of the artists interviewed before they became known were Imagine Dragons, Portugal The Man, Walk The Moon, and Hozier) as he was performing in the San Francisco not long ago. Didn't know that he was into metal (Slipknot) and Linkin Park. Also mentioned his industrial influence from Nine Inch Nails. He seems to be enjoying himself. He has a full tour in 28 cities coming up in the fall.

Glad that he didn't win Idol. Otherwise his career wouldn't be taking off so fast and he wouldn't have as much artistic freedom.

I wonder if Alejandro opened the door for future Idol contestants to perform original songs on the live shows.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information