American Idol Reboot

merrywidow

Madison has a great voice, sounds just like Kelly Clarkson to me. Looks like her too. According to the last poll I saw, Alejandro is way out in front. Laine was 2nd & Jeremiah was 3rd. My favorites are Laine, Laci & Jeremiah. Huge fan of Freddie Mercury, Queen & Adam Lambert. Adam has a beautiful voice actually, lot of theatrical background.

Last edited:

watchthis!!

IMO Scotty was a front-runner because the judges pimped him from the 1st, I don't know why. I hated everything he did. I thought he was a one-trick pony & a novelty act with his Alfred E Neuman looks & his bass voice.

Scotty is still doing well. His four albums all have hit #1 on the country charts, except for his Christmas album, which went to #2. All four albums have hit the top ten on the pop charts.

Of the nine singles he has released, four have gone platinum and two more have gone gold. After Mercury dropped him from their label, he released "Five More Minutes" and it was the first independently released song to hit the top 50. It eventually hit #1 and went platinum. He remains a force to be reckoned with. :)

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Scotty is still doing well. His four albums all have hit #1 on the country charts, except for his Christmas album, which went to #2. All four albums have hit the top ten on the pop charts.

Of the nine singles he has released, four have gone platinum and two more have gone gold. After Mercury dropped him from their label, he released "Five More Minutes" and it was the first independently released song to hit the top 50. It eventually hit #1 and went platinum. He remains a force to be reckoned with. :)

I knew someone would say this but that doesn't make me like him any better. Not liking country may have had something to do with that. :)

Allskate

The comparison is that Adam was a front-runner from the start & never had a bad night. That's not true of Kris Allen. BTW the last I heard of Kris was that he has a very successful career as a song arranger & musician.

Adam had great nights. I don't think Laine is nearly in the same league as Adam when it comes to singing. Not remotely close. I think a lot of people were not at all surprised that Adam didn't win. Kris was the nice cute boy from the South who did nice arrangements on his guitar. Adam was the gay and dramatic Californian with a fantastic voice.

watchthis!!

I knew someone would say this but that doesn't make me like him any better. Not liking country may have had something to do with that. :)

I liked Haley Reinhart and Pia Toscano much better than McCreery in his season. He would have come in about fifth if I was the only one voting. I just posted because I think he's much more than a one-trick pony or novelty act. Just looked a bit more at his Wikipedia page and for his first album he had zero co-writes, the next studio album he had five co-writes and on his most recent album, he co-wrote all eleven tracks.

taf2002

Adam had great nights. I don't think Laine is nearly in the same league as Adam when it comes to singing. Not remotely close. I think a lot of people were not at all surprised that Adam didn't win. Kris was the nice cute boy from the South who did nice arrangements on his guitar. Adam was the gay and dramatic Californian with a fantastic voice.

I didn't say Laine has the voice. I just said his trajectory is similar. And I would be surprised if he didn't win. If Wade or Alejandro wins I will want to cut someone, preferably someone who votes for them.

Susan1

I didn't say Laine has the voice. I just said his trajectory is similar. And I would be surprised if he didn't win. If Wade or Alejandro wins I will want to cut someone, preferably someone who votes for them.
I haven't watched every episode of every season, and I don't know who most of the people are, and I don't listen to popular or country music, but.........except for Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson, which winners are still "big and/or popular"? Non-winners who went on to bigger and better things than pop stars off the top of my head - Daughtry, Katherine McPhee, Kellie Pickler (she's on some reality show with her husband), Jennifer Hudson, Adam. I don't think winning the vote is an indicator of future success or popularity or talent.

skatesindreams

The exposure no doubt helped the careers of the non-winners who are now especially successful; although some might have found other avenues, without it.

It depends on how you define a "successful" career.
Some may not aspire/wish to be at the same level as Adam Lambert or Jennifer Hudson.

BaileyCatts

Theme for Sunday ..... songs from Woodstock and a big "showstopper" song. :shuffle:

This is also the last time the judges can use their Save. I am now :EVILLE:-ly hoping that both Alejandro and Jeremiah are in the bottom two and they can only save one of them (cause you know they have been saving it for one of those two). But Wade will probably be one of the bottom 2. I don't think they will use it on him.

moebius

I don't know why the judges (current and past) are forgiving to some contestants for forgetting the lyrics and some they do not tolerate forgetting the lyrics.

I don't know why the judges think Wade has a unique voice. He's a Ray Lamontagne wannabe.

I think Wade and Laci will be in the bottom two, and will use the save on Laci.

taf2002

Shallow question: does Laci have invisible braces on her front teeth? They look funny to me.

watchthis!!

Madison is a good singer, but Piece Of My Heart is too much of a raw, gritty song for her. She's such a middle-class suburban girl. Like Mom just picked her up from soccer practise. She's trying to act like she deserves a seat at the adult dinner table, but really her place is still at the kiddies table.

watchthis!!

Okay, I can no longer think otherwise about Laine being a lock to win. That was his best performance so far. But...does everyone agree that he's going to be pushed into making a country album? While none of his performances so far have been country songs? If he released an album of the songs he's done on this show, it would sell about 10,000 copies. Nobody under the age of 60 listens to anything he's doing... :shuffle:

Sally1214

Madison is a good singer, but Piece Of My Heart is too much of a raw, gritty song for her. She's such a middle-class suburban girl. Like Mom just picked her up from soccer practise. She's trying to act like she deserves a seat at the adult dinner table, but really her place is still at the kiddies table.

Madison had no idea what that song is about. A desperate woman knowing that she will let herself be used by a man who really doesn't love her. If EVER there was a song that shouldn't be sung with a constant smile...... And yet the judges' praise continues. I get SO disgusted. Give the kids some honest constructive criticism!!!

watchthis!!

Madison had no idea what that song is about. A desperate woman knowing that she will let herself be used by a man who really doesn't love her. If EVER there was a song that shouldn't be sung with a constant smile...... And yet the judges' praise continues. I get SO disgusted. Give the kids some honest constructive criticism!!!

You should have sung it! :kickass:

Sally1214

Well, Alejandro delivered the most uninspired rendition of White Rabbit in history. But he's a "rock star" according to the judging panel. They are definitely on the magic mushrooms tonight!! Alejandro seems like a decent guy but that was dreadful.

Sally1214

Wade picked the best song suited for his voice so far. I'm usually not a huge fan but will give credit where it is due.

vgerdes

I have a feeling I know who the top 3 vote getters are: Madison, Laine and Alejandro. They kind of gave it away tonight, IMO, when they showed those three in that little promo for next season.

moebius

:eek: @ the engagement of Gabby and Cade. Didn't think they would last for a year, let alone an engagement!

Shocked that Wade is still here. I was so sure he would be in the bottom. Maybe that comment from Katy that he had the best performance of the night vaulted him out of the bottom. Damn you, Katy for making that comment! For sure next week, Wade will be eliminated, I hope, along with Laci. I don't see the point of the 'save' b/c the person that is 'saved' will most likely be eliminated next week anyways.

It seems that the judges want Madison and Alejandro to be in the finale. Even though Laine is consistent every week, it's pretty much the same every week. He should change it up a bit to make himself unpredictable. I still think he should win though. Alejandro is the better guitarist, but not a great vocalist. Madison is the better vocalist, but is forgettable.

Megi

Today was slightly less painful than last week and that's a pretty sad statement in and of itself. I cannot understand how Wade is still in this.

I agree that Madison and Alejandro are being ear marked for the finale.

taf2002

I am thrilled to know that the top 6 all arrived at AI already perfect singers not needing any real criticism or direction. The tongue bath continued last night. Telling Madison to show her teeth or Laine to scare her is not that helpful.

Madison - grinning while singing Piece of My Heart as though she was at a school talent show was obnoxious. Her 2nd song sounded better but will anyone under the age of 60 buy it?

Laci - both songs terribly off-key to my ear. 2nd song Open Arms? Really?

Alejandro - once again I couldn't understand most words & as for the quality of his voice, he's a good guitar player. Singing his own song as a show-stopper was a little egocentric - it was about as far from being a show-stopper as it could be.

Wade - I started laughing when he sang the 1st line - "what would you do if I sang out of tune". Are you f'g kidding me. How did he sing that with a straight face? 2nd song a little bit better which isn't saying much.

Jeremiah - his song selections didn't do him any favors & his 2nd song start out screechy & shaky. I was about to FF but I kept listening & it did get better.

Laine - I liked both of his song selections & think he sang them well. Ppl act like he can only sing well if the song is in his lane but he hasn't missed yet no matter what the theme.

I hated the results. Wade definitely & Alejandro to a lesser degree CAN'T SING! WTF is voting for them? @Jayar, please don't vote for Wade next week. This is the worst top 6 they've ever had. If the judges wouldn't praise the bad performances maybe we'd have a different group of ppl.

merrywidow

Big mistake by both girls to try Janis Joplin songs. Both were bad. I agree that Alejandro can't sing (& he knows it) He is a great guitarist but this is supposed to be about finding talented vocalists? I was shocked that Jeremiah & Laci were bottom 2. Madison, the Kelly Clarkson clone & Alejandro should have been the bottom. Then Katy could have saved her favorite. Is next Sunday the final?

BaileyCatts

Here are my Top 6 ranking.

6: Jeremiah. Finally. Boring screechy shrieking boring. They are looking for the American Idol, not the Community Theater Idol. Right choice!

5: Wade. Ugh. Sometimes I think he is overly force faking that gravel voice thing. Those were actually good song choices for him though, but he should have been Bottom 2.

4: Alejandro. Excellent musician but singing .... not so much. That second song was horrible. The guitar playing was excellent, but the song was horrible. He does have a really good niche type of style for the way he plays and sings, but not for this contest. And it would be better for him if he doesn't win so he can go sign with some independent label and makes music the way he wants to.

3: Laci. Best she has done. But I don't like that fading in and out thing she does like her lungs have run out of air. I'm glad the mentor/coach called her out on that.

2: Madison. If you don't listen to the words she was cheerfully singing her way thru it was fine. :rofl: But her performance ability is so forced. It was like "oh Katy told me to flip my hair so I'll flip my pony now" and "now I will take 4 steps left and then go back", and "now I will reach down to the crowd". Its so forced. She needs a lot of work in this area but eh, she's only 17.

1: Laine. I said it during the Hawaii rounds and I'll say it again. Lanie Hardy is the 2019 American Idol. So there :p :p :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information