All Things Podcasting

Daphne

I know that there are a bunch of us who listen to podcasts, but is there anyone else who is podcasting? I started a (non-skating related) movie podcast with a friend of mine called Run for Your Lives, so I'm wondering if anyone else is doing one that is or isn't skating related.

cygnus

I guess there aren't any other podcasters here who are willing to "come out" about it. I admire those who have the dedication to put one out.

But since we have threads for TV, music, and movies out there- what about one for favourite podcasts? I listen to a lot of them, especially in these times. I listen mostly to history, books, movie and general cultural podcasts, but am open to just about anything.

My favourite movie podcasts are mostly "historical ones"

The Best Pick (about all Oscar winning movies in random order- great conversation from 3 insiders in the British/Irish movie industry https://bestpick.libsyn.com/

You Must Remember This- about 20th century Hollywood. The season on the Manson Murders is outstanding, as is the latest one on Polly Platt (Who?? Exactly!) http://www.youmustrememberthispodcast.com/

Sylvia

TBD
Reviving this thread (for non-skating related podcasts)...

Julia Louis-Dreyfus' "Wiser Than Me" podcast returns for Season 2 with Vera Wang (May 22, 2024) - you can listen online here or via the platform of your choice:
This week on Wiser Than Me, Julia connects with 74-year-old fashion designer and visionary entrepreneur Vera Wang. Get ready for some serious insight. Vera shares wisdom on good sleep, redefining herself after marriage, and her perspective on aging in the fashion industry. Plus, Julia and her mom, Judy, delve into the influence of mothers' style on their children and reminisce about their all-time favorite outfits.
ETA: Vera Wang does talk a bit about her figure skating career starting around the 31-minute mark.

Last edited:

manhn

I really enjoy Julia Louis-Drefus' podcast. Sometimes, I feel the celeb-oriented podcasts these days have the same celeb who is out there promoting the newest project. The conversation starts the same. Of those, I like Armchair Expert, Busy Phillips Is Doing Her Best, Let's Talk Off Camera with Kelly Ripa, Inside of You, The 90s Called, Table Manners and Smartless.

My favourite entertainment-oriented podcasts are Two Gay Matts (for pop music), Best Supporting Actress (for movies), and It's a Fandom Thing, the Romcom Rewind (RomComs).

I love TV rewatch podcasts. Currently, obsessed This Was Us (This Is Us), Drama Queens (One Tree Hills), Welcome to the OC, Bitches (The OC) and Happy Endings: Barely a Podcast (Happy Endings).

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

myhoneyhoney

I just started listening to this true crime podcast. History and true crime mixed together?! Yes, please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information