alilou's Adventures in Wonderland - all over the map.

sk8pics

Sorry you can't watch worlds, but happy you have time for writing and posting! Great job!

sk8pics

ali, I am so far behind from my own travels, I fear I will never catch up! But I sent a link to one of your earlier posts to our tour guide because he loves birds and flowers and photography. I'm sure he will like it. Another funny contact!

Alilou

Ubercavorter
ali, I am so far behind from my own travels, I fear I will never catch up! But I sent a link to one of your earlier posts to our tour guide because he loves birds and flowers and photography. I'm sure he will like it. Another funny contact!
Sounds like you've been having a fabulous time! I so want to go there.
Thank you so much for sharing the blog. I really appreciate it. I hope your guide likes it.

There are TWO! new posts ready, but they are only photos so no long passages to read.

A photo essay about Canberra's coast:
http://alisonanddon.com/2015/04/18/images-from-the-coast/

A photo essay of New Zealand's extraordinary, ever-changing beautiful scenery.
http://alisonanddon.com/2015/04/25/endless-beauty-the-glory-of-new-zealand/

skatesindreams

I've been "catching up".
Thank you for detailing the destruction and rebirth in Christchuch.

Many lessons shared there will inspire others.

aftershocks

Banned Member

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Wonderful alilou! Thanks for sharing your adventures and all these gorgeous photos! That gum tree has an eye looking out at us. :biggrinbo

The birds and other wildlife images are fantastic. You could probably get a job with PBS Nature series!

Thanks aftershocks, glad you enjoyed it. I had to go look! It does have an eye. I'd never noticed that before :)

Marge_Simpson

alilou, the post about Christchurch is so beautiful.
Please tell me your blog will eventually be published as a book!

Alilou

Ubercavorter
alilou, the post about Christchurch is so beautiful.
Please tell me your blog will eventually be published as a book!
Thanks so much Marge_Simpson. Christchurch was a real eye-opener for me; I'd never been in a disaster area before.
We've always intended to write a book about our travels, so yes, much of what's in the blog will be a book one day. It's hard to find the time. At the moment we're committed to continued travel, and to the blog. Whenever the time's right we'll switch the commitment to producing a book. I'm quite excited about that actually. Just waiting for the right time.

skatesindreams

Your latest post is fabulous, in every sense of the word!
Thanks for introducing me to that garden; although that term seems inadequate to describe it.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Your latest post is fabulous, in every sense of the word!
Thanks for introducing me to that garden; although that term seems inadequate to describe it.
Thanks so much :)
Isn't that garden astonishing. I was completely captivated, and amazed by her crazy imagination. And, well, Milford Sound is not the top tourist destination for no reason! :encore:

Hi Alison, I'm so glad that you got to see Milford Sound in the sunshine. Isn't it wonderful? I had that lucky experience too a couple of years ago, and when I was showing my photos to a friend who had also been there the month before, he said "Oh, is that what it looks like?" His trip there was in the rain and fog, so it is so important to see it on a sunny day. Good thing the weather report was accurate for you!
Loved New Zealand too.
Cheers,
Virginia

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information