49th "An Evening with Champions" (Harvard's annual Jimmy Fund benefit), Sept. 20 & 21, 2019

Sylvia

TBD
Official site: https://www.aneveningwithchampions.org/

The 2019 Cast: https://www.aneveningwithchampions.org/cast.html

HOSTS
Emily Hughes: 2006 Olympian, Harvard Class of 2011, 2007 US Silver Medalist
Paul Wylie: 1992 Olympic Silver Medalist, Harvard Class of 1991, 2008 US Figure Skating Hall of Fame Inductee, 1981 Junior World Champion

LADIES
Karen Chen: 2017 U.S. Senior Champion, 2018 Olympian
Kailani Craine: 2018 Olympian, 2017 Nebelhorn Trophy Champion, 4-time Australian National Champion
Megan Wessenberg: 2016 U.S. Junior Bronze Medalist, 2018 Skate America Competitor
Gabriella Izzo (Friday Only): 2019 U.S. Junior Champion, 2019 Egna Spring Trophy champion (senior), Harvard Class of 2024
Sharita Taylor: 2017 Special Olympics World Winter Games Bronze Medalist, 2017 Honorary ESPY Award Recipient
Molly Malone: Member of North Shore Skating Club, Former Dana Farber Cancer Institute Patient
Selena Zhao: Canadian Junior National Champion, World Junior Championship Competitor, Harvard Class of 2020 (Cabot House)
Diana Zhu: 2017 Upper Great Lakes Regional Junior Champion, 2 time U.S. National Competitor, Harvard Class of 2023

MEN
Ryan Bradley: 2011 U.S. Senior Champion, 4-time U.S. Senior Medalist
Camden Pulkinen: 2018 U.S. Junior Champion, 2-time Junior Grand Prix Final Competitor, 2016 Youth Olympian
Joonsoo Kim: 2019 U.S. Junior Bronze Medalist and Collegiate Champion, 2019 Bavarian Open Junior Silver Medalist
Sean Rabbitt: 2015 Autumn Classic International Bronze Medalist, ISU Challenger Series Competitor
Nick Hsieh: 2018 U.S. Novice Bronze Medalist, 2018 Asian Open Figure Skating Trophy Junior Bronze Medalist

PAIRS
Audrey Lu/Misha Mitrofanov (Saturday Only): 2018 U.S. Junior Champions, 2018 U.S. International Classic Silver Medalists
Olivia Serafini/Mervin Tran: 2019 U.S. National Competitors
Allison Timlen/Justin Highgate-Brutman: 2019 U.S. National Competitors, 2018 Eastern Sectional Champions

ICE DANCE
Katarina Wolfkostin/Jeffrey Chen: 2019 Junior Grand Prix Competitors

GROUPS
Haydenettes: 5-time World Championships Bronze Medalist, 27-time US National Champions
Team Excel Junior: 2018 US National Competitors
HUFSC: Harvard Figure Skating Team, US Collegiate Skating Chapter (Friday Only)

aml78

Thanks for posting. Bummed they didnt get Ashley Wagner now that she’s in Boston!

kirkbiggestfan

I went to the show on Saturday. It is for such a great charity that this event deserves an all-star cast next year for the 50th show. Come on Harvardians....pack that rink next year. The few skaters that would do that are: Yuna, the Kween, Yuzu,...invite Gaby/Guillaume, Aliona, Nathan...

Karen Chen was the headliner and closed the show. Stunning spins and spirals, but stumbled on the opening 2A.
Kailani Craine: perfect for this type of show. She has the charisma and attention to the music that most of these IJS kids lack.
Ryan Bradley: Paul Wylie mentioned he wasn't 100% today. (Paul's spread eagle is still better than any other move I saw from Ryan). Ryan is obviously a nice entertainer, but he skated after Pulkinen. I was mesmerized by Camden's posture and edges. I overheard that Camden screwed up the group number on Friday night, so they all had to come back early on Saturday and rehearse them before the show.
Sean Rabbitt: as usual, probably the best audience reaction. He performed and really stand out compared to all these skaters that are so focused on technique and totally ignore the audience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information