3rd annual Peggy Fleming Trophy - 2020 virtual edition

Sylvia

TBD
Scheduled to stream today, Friday, July 17, from 7:00 to 8:30 pm Eastern time on USFS' Fan Zone platform:
Link to watch on demand: https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/watch/?Archive=1704&type=Archive

Starting Order:

1. Audrey Shin - "The Giving" by Michael W. Smith, choreo. by Drew Meekins (extended version of her new SP)
2. Jordan Moeller - Charlie Chaplin speech from The Great Dictator/"Time" from Inception film soundtrack
3. Julia Fennell - "To Love You More" by Celine Dion
4. Tomoki Hiwatashi - jazzy music from Cowboy Bebop anime series
5. Maxine Marie Bautista - "Never Enough" by Loren Allred
6. Karen Chen - "Rise" by Katy Perry, choreo. by Drew Meekins (extended version of her new SP)

7. Kelly Arnett - "Beethoven's 5 Secrets" by The Piano Guys
8. Camden Pulkinen - "In This Shirt" by The Irrepressibles, choreo. by Joshua Farris (extended version of his new SP)
9. Pooja Kalyan - "It's All Coming Back To Me Now" by Celine Dion
10. Emmanuel Savary - "O Come O Come Emmanuel" by The Piano Guys (2019-20 SP), choreo. by Tom Dickson
11. Sierra Venetta - "The Girl from Ipanema" by Frank Sinatra
12. Tim Dolensky (2018 winner) - "When You Say You Love Me" by Josh Groban

13. Amber Glenn (Withdrawn)
14. Andrew Torgashev - "Put It On Me" by Matt Maeson, choreo. by Torgashev & Joshua Farris
15. Starr Andrews - "Black Like Me" by Mickey Guyton
16. Sonja Hilmer - "Hallelujah" by Pentatonix
17. Jason Brown (2019 winner) - "Melancholy" by Alexey Kosenko, choreo. by Rohene Ward
18. Courtney Hicks - "Sorry" by Halsey, choreo. by Jordan Moeller (extended version of her new SP)

ETA link to final standings: https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2020/2020PFT/CAT001SEG001.html
Protocols: https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2020/2020PFT/SEGM001.html

-----

Excerpted from the July 8th update here: http://broadmoorskatingclub.com/peggy-fleming-artistic-trophy/

The focus of the Peggy Fleming Trophy is to showcase each skater’s ability to artistically express and present a complete composition while demonstrating superior technical skills. The music, creativity and overall performance are the emphasis for the competition and all skating elements are assessed from an artistic point of view.

There are nine technical elements which have fixed base scoring values and which receive Grade of Execution (GOE) marks based on the artistic execution of the element in relationship to the program as a whole. The elements are as follows:

4 jump elements
3 spin elements
1 step sequence
1 signature move

One of the most fascinating of these nine required technical elements is the “signature move,” which allows each skater to present an iconic, or new and original, move, jump or spin which is tailored to each skater’s unique personality, creativity and imagination. See more details here: https://www.peggyfleming.com/signature-move-definition/

Prize money will be awarded by Greg and Peggy Fleming Jenkins in partnership with the Broadmoor Skating Club to the winners of this groundbreaking event:

$3000 for first place
$2000 for second place
$1000 for third place

Additionally, Peggy commissioned a special sculpture trophy for the Broadmoor Skating Club to celebrate the event.

-----

Related articles:

Last edited:

ChelleC

Anti-quad activist
Is anyone getting it to play? I have it pulled up but it's not playing anything.

skipaway

I just have CBS Sports on my TV. I unblocked the ads. Hopefully will kick in soon

skipaway

I shut my ad blocker down too, but all I get on the TV via chromecast is CBS Sports icon. Anyone else?

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
I shut my ad blocker down too, but all I get on the TV via chromecast is CBS Sports icon. Anyone else?
Same here. I just gave up and started casting the browser tab to my tv, instead of the video itself. Not ideal, but it's working ok.

ChelleC

Anti-quad activist
I was really hoping when they finished showing the interview with Peggy that they'd start showing the skating.

Capella

I had a tricky time finding/getting stream. Cannot find results page. Is there one?

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
Someone has had a lot of time to sit and work on graphics, haven't they?

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
A Christian music program? This is already starting out with a bang.

Edit: Oh well I guess it's just muzak.
Edit 2: I guess I should clarify this is Audrey Shin since you can skip around if you really want. I'm making myself watch everything, talking and all. In order.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
I skipped forward to the approx 20 minutes and now I'm laughing at Jordan Moeller with his dapper set up.

I am resisting SO HARD the temptation to skip to Jason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information