2025 ISU World Figure Skating Championships in Boston

Gayo

“Spectator reservations for most, if not all the official hotels will open on April 1, 2024.”
Do you know if the posted room rate includes taxes? I emailed the LOC and their response was to check the FAQ’s (didn’t answer my question) or schedule a telephone appointment.

I booked the senior member rate at the Hyatt Boston Regency (1.1 miles from TD Garden) at $249 a night including taxes. No breakfast is included but I still spend less overall paying for breakfast compared to the Residence Inn on the list that includes breakfast if the $239 rate excludes taxes.

Gayo

Do you know if the posted room rate includes taxes? I emailed the LOC and their response was to check the FAQ’s (didn’t answer my question) or schedule a telephone appointment.

I booked the senior member rate at the Hyatt Boston Regency (1.1 miles from TD Garden) at $249 a night including taxes. No breakfast is included but I still spend less overall paying for breakfast compared to the Residence Inn on the list that includes breakfast if the $239 rate excludes taxes.
I just reviewed my Hyatt confirmation and the nightly room rate is $188.16 so I know for sure I’m paying less than the Residence Inn ($239) and am happy I booked this hotel!

Gayo

I just reviewed my Hyatt confirmation and the nightly room rate is $188.16 so I know for sure I’m paying less than the Residence Inn ($239) and am happy I booked this hotel!
Sorry for multiple posts but to eliminate confusion the $188.16 per night is before taxes. With the taxes it’s $249 per night. Still a good deal I think for Boston.

beebee

Sorry for multiple posts but to eliminate confusion the $188.16 per night is before taxes. With the taxes it’s $249 per night. Still a good deal I think for Boston.
Hyatt Regency is one of the Boston hotels that charges a Destination Fee ($26.00/night) on top of taxes.

beebee

YAYYYYYY FOR ME: A room finally opened up at the CitizenM above TD Garden and now I can go to Worlds. Staying here was my only real requirement, because it makes everything so much easier (and I love this brand). I can now literally take Amtrak from my front door to the hotel/venue.
Made my reservation before the rate shot up. I've stayed in tiny hotel rooms a few times and don't love it, but CitizenM's cost and convenience are too good to pass up.

In looking photos online, I see what looks like a few hangers on the wall and drawers under the bed. Is there room for an open suitcase?

Iceblink

Made my reservation before the rate shot up. I've stayed in tiny hotel rooms a few times and don't love it, but CitizenM's cost and convenience are too good to pass up.

In looking photos online, I see what looks like a few hangers on the wall and drawers under the bed. Is there room for an open suitcase?
The under-bed drawer is a decent size and there's also a small desk in the rooms which is where I always put my suitcase. The rooms also have a mini fridge in most of their hotels.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I mentioned to the folks at the Boston booth in Montreal that wristbands for all-event ticket holders would be so very appreciated. They put it on their list to discuss with TD Garden. The process of being scanned out upon exit between events was a hot mess in Montreal.

Gayo

Hyatt Regency is one of the Boston hotels that charges a Destination Fee ($26.00/night) on top of taxes.
Yes it does but for a total of $249 per night I think it’s better than the Residence Inn at $239 if that rate excludes taxes. If it doesn’t then hopefully I can snag a room there on April 1 and cancel the Hyatt.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
MBTA uses a stored value card, the CharlieCard. Anyone 65 or older can apply online for a Senior CharlieCard that will get you 50% off one-way fares on bus, subway, Express Bus, Commuter Rail, and ferry.

Senior CharlieCard
The MBTA is restructuring fares and hasn’t announced whether the one week pass that can be used for unlimited rides will still be an option. We should know soon.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Got my reservations at my preferred hotel! Called them directly and they had the correct rates for the WC!
Same. Some of the hotels haven’t opened the dates online. If you are a member of the chain you’re trying to book, make sure they enter your member number BEFORE they search, then confirm the Worlds rate.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Same. Some of the hotels haven’t opened the dates online. If you are a member of the chain you’re trying to book, make sure they enter your member number BEFORE they search, then confirm the Worlds rate.
Was this a Marriott property?

acraven

Call the Residence Inn and ask for the Sales Office; they may do the booking for you.

AnnM

Just credit card on file. No charges yet.
Can cancel up to 24 hours prior to stay.

This will vary by hotel. Mine also did not charge a deposit, but the free cancelation window closes 72hrs prior to arrival.

My first choice was out of double rooms by the time I logged on, but I'm perfectly happy with my alternative.

ice coverage

In case helpful to anyone, a "buyer beware" FYI re Westin:

I did not see any mention of an extra $30/night destination fee for Westin, when making a booking there via the Worlds passkey.com link.

The Westin reservation later showed up in my Marriott Bonvoy account, where I can see the addition of the destination fee -- meaning that "Grand Total Charge" is a misnomer in the confirmation e-mail from "The Westin Copley Place Boston Team <[email protected]>".

ETA:​
Many thanks to @jkl for providing a happy update below in post #399 of this thread.
My apologies to all for the inadvertent false alarm.​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information