2025 ISU World Figure Skating Championships in Boston

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
As a follow up I got a quick reply and apparently there had been a typo in my email they sent my seat assignments to, but everything is squared away now.

also i got my assignments on this most holy of skating days (aka christina carreira's birthday 🙏 🙏 🙏 ) i'm already manifesting for next season

Karen-W

As a follow up I got a quick reply and apparently there had been a typo in my email they sent my seat assignments to, but everything is squared away now.

also i got my assignments on this most holy of skating days (aka christina carreira's birthday 🙏 🙏 🙏 ) i'm already manifesting for next season
signs one has crossed the rubicon into uber-uber fandom... ;)

Poptarts

also i got my assignments on this most holy of skating days (aka christina carreira's birthday 🙏 🙏 🙏 ) i'm already manifesting for next season did tjey

Is [email protected] the email you used? I want to anxiously email them and make sure I send it to the right one.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Sooooooooo - the Qualifying Rounds just got tossed out at the ISU Congress and we're back to the old system of qualifying for Worlds and the Worlds schedule which means Worlds will start on Tuesday instead of Monday.
Boo! Snarking on the ladies QR costumes is one of my guilty pleasures.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Sooooooooo - the Qualifying Rounds just got tossed out at the ISU Congress and we're back to the old system of qualifying for Worlds and the Worlds schedule which means Worlds will start on Tuesday instead of Monday.

So that means no having to do the free program twice? Good.

Now bring back the classic layback spin, spiral sequence and ban music with lyrics, #NotSorryOnTheLastOne

YukiNieve

Stay Healthy Everyone!
Worlds official practices usually take place on Monday and Tuesday - Wednesday is the first scheduled day of competition in Boston without qualifying rounds now: https://isuworlds2025.com/competition-schedule/
Without QRs, will all official practices on Monday and Tuesday be held at TD Garden?

Since the public cannot watch the practices in the practice rink, this can be an factor considering when to get there as a spectator.

Debbie S

Without QRs, will all official practices on Monday and Tuesday be held at TD Garden?

Since the public cannot watch the practices in the practice rink, this can be an factor considering when to get there as a spectator.
I'm assuming the schedule will be very similar to this year's, with practices at both rinks Monday and Tuesday and then only at the practice rink starting Wed (with Saturday warmups possibly at the main arena).

ETA: OK, checked last year's sched and they did have a few practices (pairs on Wed and Thurs and women on Fri) early morning Wed-Fri at the main arena.

peibeck

Simply looking

All the practices can't happen at TD Garden. There are usually practices in the alternate rink happening while competition is going on.

On a different note, our All Event ticket was advertised to include these QR events. REFUND!!! :mitchell: (Yeah, like that'll happen.)

Iceblink

As someone who bought the all event ticket but didn't add on an exhibition ticket yet--offering an exhibition option to us at no charge would be awfully nice!
(Although I'm not mad at getting a little extra free time to sightsee in Boston.)

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
Yeah I kind of agree there should at least be like a free bottle of water or something lol I mean technically we bought tickets thinking we were paying for a qr too but I'm guessing we'll get nothing

ice coverage

Yes I was looking forward to the qualifying round. Why exactly was it even voted on to remove it before it even happened again once?

I think(?) the answer simply is that the federation from Austria had submitted Proposal 188 regarding Rule 378 (Entries ISU Championships Single & Pair Skating & Ice Dance) for inclusion on the agenda, so the Congress needed to vote on the proposal (as it would need to for any proposal on the agenda).
Proposal 188 called for removal of all language written for "ISU World Championships starting with the 2024/25 season" that established the structure/rules for the qualifying round.

ETA:​
My answer is a reply to what I perceived to be a procedural question from Jarrett???
I was addressing only the mechanics of why a vote was held on removing the qualifying round.​

(I too was looking forward to the qualifying round.)

Last edited:

YukiNieve

Stay Healthy Everyone!
All the practices can't happen at TD Garden. There are usually practices in the alternate rink happening while competition is going on.
That's exactly what I meant. As Debbie mentioned, once the competitions started, there will be just a few practice sessions at TD Garden. So if I really want to watch the practices, I'd better go before the competitions begin.

Karen-W

Yes I was looking forward to the qualifying round. Why exactly was it even voted on to remove it before it even happened again once?

I think(?) the answer simply is that the federation from Austria had submitted Proposal 188 regarding Rule 378 (Entries ISU Championships Single & Pair Skating & Ice Dance) for inclusion in the agenda, so the Congress needed to vote on the proposal (as it would for any proposal on the agenda).
Proposal 188 called for removal of all language written for "ISU World Championships starting with the 2024/25 season" that established the structure/rules for the qualifying round.

(I too was looking forward to the qualifying round.)
Here is the timestamped link to the discussion this morning - https://www.youtube.com/live/xeLd2u-QPYg?si=NyuMyBQEieUjH8bg&t=5054

Austria made the proposal but it was, most significantly, supported by both the USFS (Boston 2025) and the Czech FS (Prague 2026) delegations and they provided very sound financial, logistical and practical implications of the QR proposal that hadn't been fully fleshed out in Phuket 2 years ago when the QR proposal was adopted.

Last edited:

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
Here is the timestamped link to the discussion this morning - https://www.youtube.com/live/xeLd2u-QPYg?si=NyuMyBQEieUjH8bg&t=5054

Austria made the proposal but it was, most significantly, supported by both the USFS (Boston 2025) and the Czech FS (Prague 2026) delegations and they provided very sound financial, logistical and practical implications of the QR proposal that hadn't been fully fleshed out in Phuket 2 years ago when the QR proposal was adopted.
What is the whole 2030 vision thing they keep talking about? Skating on the moon?

Answering my own question: https://www.isu.org/inside-isu/isu-communications/communications/31376-isu-vision-2030/file

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I like the idea of the gala being an important part of the events again. When was the last time a gala was on TV?
Hardly ever in the US ,due to music rights issues. The gala is classified as “entertainment” not a “sporting event” and the royalties for the former are substantially higher than the latter.

Last edited:

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Ok...they should turn it into sporting event, pick captains, let them draft teammates, then let the audience and a few skating celebrities judge:)

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
Hardly ever due o music rights issues. The gala is classified as “entertainment” not a “sporting event”and the royalties for the former are substantially higher than the latter.
I remember when Michelle Kwan was skating I felt like every single gala she did was broadcast even grand prix events. Did this change after 2006?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information