2025 ISU World Figure Skating Championships in Boston

AnnM

Stopped and talked to the Boston people about the bag policy. They said they get it. It’s not a 2-3 hour event. We are there all day and people bring blankets and stuff. They are scheduled to meet with TD Garden and said they are going to discuss it with them. Probably wouldn’t hurt if they heard that a lot this week.

Was Ben there? I really want to meet Ben because he was so nice and helpful (I swear I'm not a stalker).

peibeck

Simply looking
Checking hotel rates (repeatedly) for the same dates only drives prices up, folks, as vendors think those days are super in demand.
Remember hotels for US Nationals in Nashville wanting $500 a night a year out, then they were $300 less a month out from nats? :lol: There are plenty of hotels in Boston, and the rates being offered by the local organizing committee are really very good.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Checking hotel rates (repeatedly) for the same dates only drives prices up, folks, as vendors think those days are super in demand.
Remember hotels for US Nationals in Nashville wanting $500 a night a year out, then they were $300 less a month out from nats? :lol: There are plenty of hotels in Boston, and the rates being offered by the local organizing committee are really very good.
And March is kind of a dead zone for the universities nearby. April/Marathon and May/commencements tend to be higher.

Carolla5501

I'd love to see the factual support for this theory.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Apparently the ticket sales were really good for Boston from people attending and purchasing all event passes in Montreal. Hotel availability will be the issue, within a reasonable cost. Montréal hotels were considerable cheaper so overall a more cost efficient worlds ($129 a night for studio hotel room 20 mins from Bell complex which is $92 US a night).

I highly recommend people book their hotel rooms now, also you could consider the other side of the river as the public transport is really good in Boston.

peibeck

Simply looking
I'd love to see the factual support for this theory.

It's part of the "unconstrained demand" theory taught in business school. Web sites cookies tracking your (and other peoples) searches which feed into their pricing strategy. Lots of searches on xxx dates? Demand is high, we can get a higher price.

Here's a brief article on the theory: https://www.cendyn.com/blog/the-key-to-profitability-understand-your-demand-forecast/

And I have a friend who is an executive with Marriott who has basically told me the same thing.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
guess who just filled out her ticket order 👀

sorry to all of you for what i will become for that week
Well, it won't be nearly as much fun here without you in the pbp forums, but I'm gonna be a-okay with it since CarPon can use more of their ubers in the audience in Boston.

lexeoe

regarding branding, is that rehashed toe pick from 2016 really Boston's main identity for 2025?

Theoreticalgirl

your faves are problematic
YAYYYYYY FOR ME: A room finally opened up at the CitizenM above TD Garden and now I can go to Worlds. Staying here was my only real requirement, because it makes everything so much easier (and I love this brand). I can now literally take Amtrak from my front door to the hotel/venue.

Messalina

YAYYYYYY FOR ME: A room finally opened up at the CitizenM above TD Garden and now I can go to Worlds. Staying here was my only real requirement, because it makes everything so much easier (and I love this brand). I can now literally take Amtrak from my front door to the hotel/venue.
Congrats! I booked a room here too. I've never stayed in one before. In 2016 I had a 20-minute walk to the TD Garden from my hotel (Battery Wharf), which was nice and exhilarating and healthy and all that. BUT. I was exhausted going back and forth multiple times per day and actually ended up missing ALL the practices and some flights. Not this time, bebé!

I think the only reason I even chose Battery Wharf was that I was so enamored of the idea of water taxiing from airport to hotel.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I’m dithering between CitizenM and the Marriott two blocks away. Were you able to get a deal?

Theoreticalgirl

I’m dithering between CitizenM and the Marriott two blocks away. Were you able to get a deal?

The price was OK, but I'm only doing 1 night. I've stayed at this particular one 5 times over the past couple of years for client trips, and the price does go up when there are major events (such as Worlds). What I pay for accommodations I make up in not having to spend on tolls, parking, etc with its Amtrak connection below.

Congrats! I booked a room here too. I've never stayed in one before. In 2016 I had a 20-minute walk to the TD Garden from my hotel (Battery Wharf), which was nice and exhilarating and healthy and all that. BUT. I was exhausted going back and forth multiple times per day and actually ended up missing ALL the practices and some flights. Not this time, bebé!

IDK how much everyone knows about CitizenM: It's an upscale microhotel brand in the vein of YOtel, Moxie, Motto. All the rooms are small with the same exact layout, lighting/TV/blinds are controlled by iPad in the room, the shower/bath is a tiny frosted glass enclosure. Ideal for a single person or a couple traveling. The bed is SUPER cozy.

If you pay up for the breakfast downstairs (it's $20 pp), it's significantly better than the buffet at a Hampton Inn or similar. Given food price inflation, it might be worth it after a plate + a couple of coffees.

Theoreticalgirl

FWIW there's a YOtel in Boston as well. Not as close—it's on the South Boston waterfront—but if a 30 minute walk doesn't bother you, the prices look pretty decent right now:

alizadavida

FWIW there's a YOtel in Boston as well. Not as close—it's on the South Boston waterfront—but if a 30 minute walk doesn't bother you, the prices look pretty decent right now:

Yotel is a 25ish min walk from the arena and is a quick walk on the greenway to the rink. It's closer to the practice rink but i don't think that's open to the public.

I'll be in balcony 316!

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
Prices are now double from when I booked. They will likely go down again closer to the event if not sold out.

Sylvia

TBD
Stopped and talked to the Boston people about the bag policy. They said they get it. It’s not a 2-3 hour event. We are there all day and people bring blankets and stuff. They are scheduled to meet with TD Garden and said they are going to discuss it with them.
“Exceptions will be made for diaper bags, breast pump bags, bags needed for medical purposes, and bags provided at purchase from Boston Proshop powered by ‘47.”

What’s the cheapest item that can be bought at the pro shop? :D

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
“Exceptions will be made for diaper bags, breast pump bags, bags needed for medical purposes, and bags provided at purchase from Boston Proshop powered by ‘47.”

What’s the cheapest item that can be bought at the pro shop? :D

$20

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information