2025 ISU World Figure Skating Championships in Boston

Rhumba d’Amour

FYI, as Boston is my hometown and I've been to the TD Garden for some events lately:

Transit. As many of you remember, TD Garden sits directly above the North Station commuter rail platforms (for the northern suburbs) and is directly linked to the Green and Orange Lines (subway) via a corridor.
  • If you're coming from these subway lines, this corridor not only deposits you at the commuter rail platform, but also a dedicated security entrance to the "club" seats.
  • This entrance might not be open, however, if attendance is sparse, especially during mid-week. You would otherwise need to walk a few extra steps back outside, to Causeway Street, where you take a set of escalators up to the main security entrance on the 2nd level. There may be other more direct ways to access the main security entrance that I don't even know about.
Amenities. Lots of construction has happened since the last Worlds. There are multiple new high-rises and corporate HQs directly above or near TD Garden, which means a lot more services.
  • Within the TD Garden structure, there is a "Hub Hall" food court that is overpriced but not bad - certainly better than any arena concessions. It even has a branch of Mike's Pastry. It is at street level just a few steps down from the aforementioned escalator, and also connects to the far end of the commuter rail platforms.
  • There is a Star Market (supermarket) at street level, at the base of the aforementioned escalator. It is part of the same corporate umbrella as Safeway, Albertsons, Vons, Pavilions, and Jewel-Osco, so if you already punch in your phone number at checkout at these stores in order to obtain sale pricing, you should be able to do so at Star and Shaw's markets in New England.
  • There are plenty of sit-down restaurants and sports bars in the area - much more than last time. Big, small, you name it, and you shouldn't need reservations since Worlds won't be as busy an event as, say, a sold-out Celtics or Bruins game. Also plenty more fast-casual eateries. Just search / look up / pan around Google Maps to see for yourself. Focus on the triangle formed by Causeway, Merrimac, and Washington - any point within it is at most a 5 minute walk from the aforementioned security escalators.
These are wonderful tips—thank you!
I look forward to hearing your hotel recommendations!

UMBS Go Blue

Слава Україні!
These are wonderful tips—thank you!
I look forward to hearing your hotel recommendations!
Thanks - but as Boston is my hometown, I usually stay with my folks.

I have stayed at the InterContinental and the Omni Seaport a few times before and they're both very nice, as far as U.S. hotels are concerned. Kinda pricey too, as is just about any inner Boston hotel affiliated with a major chain.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
For hotels, think transit first. You’ll want something on the Green line, or something north of the city on the Orange line. Beware that, unlike NYC, Boston’s T shuts down with the last trains leaving North Station about midnight. Don’t plan on dawdling after a night segment or you risk getting stranded. Surge prices on Ubers start around 11 pm due to the T shutting down. And as we say locally, parking is wicked expensive, but may be worth it if you have mobility issues or get nervous traveling at night.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
I would love some insight into how accurate walking times are according to Google. I plan on burning some points to stay at the Hyatt Regency. Google walking directions says it's a 25 minute walk to the arena, which wouldn't be too bad for us. Anyone have any idea how accurate that is?

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I would love some insight into how accurate walking times are according to Google. I plan on burning some points to stay at the Hyatt Regency. Google walking directions says it's a 25 minute walk to the arena, which wouldn't be too bad for us. Anyone have any idea how accurate that is?
The Hyatt near the Boston Common? A half hour is about right. And you can use the Green Line to go as far as Arlington or Copley then have only a couple blocks left.

AnnM

I didn't realize that they had updated the seating map since Monday afternoon, so I think there's a good chance my first preference was already sold before this morning 😬 -- it was blacked out when I took a look at the map after purchasing this morning. Fortunately the nap was still looking good as far as "next best available" options.

kdcsmiley

Hello - can anyone tell me if the view from the seats in the 1st Row of the Balcony is impeded by plexiglass or do you have a clear (albeit far away) view of the ice. Thank you!

skipaway

I didn't realize that they had updated the seating map since Monday afternoon, so I think there's a good chance my first preference was already sold before this morning 😬 -- it was blacked out when I took a look at the map after purchasing this morning. Fortunately the nap was still looking good as far as "next best available" options.
Can you link the seat map you are using? I can't seem to get the one on the info page to load. I'd like to be able to size it up

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Private rooms are going fast here - rate is $175 per night.

ChristineB

For those of you who purchased online today - were you charged right away, even if you haven't confirmed your seats with someone over the phone/email?

beebee

Private rooms are going fast here - rate is $175 per night.
Two weeks ago I mentioned this option as my last resort. Seeing the insanity of Boston hotel rates, it's rapidly moving towards my first choice. Your endorsement went a long way so thanks for that! During the month of March 2025 the rate is $137/night plus $22 tax. Rate rises to $177 on April 1, 2025.

It's close to Chinatown stop on Orange Line and four stops to North Station and TD Garden.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
From the interactive hockey map, it looks like there is a bar of sorts at the very top behind sections 329-330 and 301-303.

Does anyone know if there is an elevator to this Bar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information