2024 World Figure Skating Championships in Montreal

chewy

If you don't get motion sick and want a nice view of the city while you eat, Portus 360 is a nice Portuguese restaurant that is a revolving restaurant (very slow rotation) in the EVO Montreal building, which is about a 13 min walk from the rink. I ate there once and I didn't feel the movement at all (and I am prone to motion sickness) and loved the 360 view of the city (and the food was amazing too). https://portus360.com/en/
EVO student residence is what used to be the flagship Hyatt Regency Montreal and I’m dating myself. I worked there when I was a student. The restaurant, no matter what the food, is a great experience.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
EVO student residence is what used to be the flagship Hyatt Regency Montreal and I’m dating myself. I worked there when I was a student. The restaurant, no matter what the food, is a great experience.
yes that's what I remember - when it was the Hyatt..

Judy

Oh that’s very cool. We used to have one in my city but eventually it closed down several years ago. I always wanted to go but we never ended up doing it.

skipaway

Prices at the Marriott Chateau Champlain have plummeted since I first made my reservation in the summer. 3 months ag I noticed online prices were down and saved 1000.00 for my weeks stay. I wnt online again today, noticed another drop and called the hotel’s in house reservation line and saved another $1000.00 off my week stay! I was also given a upgraded room with the city view! If you’re staying there, it won’t hurt to call them.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Prices at the Marriott Chateau Champlain have plummeted since I first made my reservation in the summer. 3 months ag I noticed online prices were down and saved 1000.00 for my weeks stay. I wnt online again today, noticed another drop and called the hotel’s in house reservation line and saved another $1000.00 off my week stay! I was also given a upgraded room with the city view! If you’re staying there, it won’t hurt to call them.

Is the nightly rate lower than $269? That’s what I booked through the travel agent that had posted here last year. It was the best deal I could find for that property.

skatingguy

decently
More detailled schedule than what we've been looking at since November is out:
Schedule

It is really just an overview of the schedule, not the detailed one, and it says it is still subject to change.
The more detailed schedule will be out once they have a better idea about the number of entries in each discipline. The change of an entry or two in any of the disciplines, depending on injury withdrawals, or minimums achieved last minute, could change the number of groups needed, and dramatically change the timeline of events.

yankees2

The more detailed schedule will be out once they have a better idea about the number of entries in each discipline. The change of an entry or two in any of the disciplines, depending on injury withdrawals, or minimums achieved last minute, could change the number of groups needed, and dramatically change the timeline of events.
Can I assume the practice is at the arena and not at a secondary rink?

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Hotel Chez Swann (8 minute walk to Bell Centre) is $87 night for 3/18 to 3/25 on Hotwire Mystery Hotel. (3.5 star, 1141 reviews). If you are a first time APP user, enter coupon code HWAPP10 for additional 10% off.
This is so tempting. I just checked flights and there are round trip from Miami for $200, too.

The coupon code didn't work for me, but still an amazing deal even without.

sjs5572

This is so tempting. I just checked flights and there are round trip from Miami for $200, too.

The coupon code may not work if you've ever booked with Hotwire using that email.

Last edited:

Judy

That’s an amazing awesome deal and I’d def do it. You’ll need some warmer clothing though lol. We’re def having a warmer winter but March is always hard to predict.

Last edited:

emilieh

If only the tickets weren’t like >$500 for lower bowl. :drama:

I haven't been tracking them, but did they cut prices? A friend of mine was looking at Friday tickets, and they are mostly are $235 including fees. She said they were more before.

Former Lurve Goddess

I haven't been tracking them, but did they cut prices? A friend of mine was looking at Friday tickets, and they are mostly are $235 including fees. She said they were more before.
I don't think the prices have changed but they were always showing the price for 2 tickets which may have led folks to think the tickets were twice as expensive as they actually were.

kates8

Guess they were panicking at all the unsold seats. It appears they have lowered all seats in some sections of the arena to the same price ($235) for each day (2 events). I already bought tickets higher up for $235 so I have been looking for a way to contact them to move closer to ice but they don’t have any phone numbers to call it seems. Are they going to reimburse people who bought the more expensive tickets??

Last edited:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Looks like some people are organizing a walk out during F-B/S at Worlds. I’m all for it as long as it doesn’t disrupt the other skaters.

During the skate?

I'm sorry, but no. I know people have commented in other threads about the endless things that annoy them at competitions, including when others are trying to find their seats and/or get up during a skate. Sorensen continues to be under investigation and not proven innocent or guilty, and is permitted to skate.

Making distractions in the middle of a skate regardless of how one feels is very unnecessary and even tacky IMO.

Judy

Yikes I took a peek at ticket prices and for one event for the ideal seats - kinda centre .. over $500.00. Changed to 1 person and it was kinda maybe 10 cheaper. I looked at the most expensive seats lol.

I’m not going but I was curious.

A 21000 arena is not achievable for figure skating though for figure skating. I doubt they expected to sell out too. The nosebleed seats aren’t worth it. You have to be much closer for figure skating.

Last edited:

Liz V

Apologies if it was mentioned previously, but do we know of any bag restrictions for the Bell Centre?

Answering my own question:

From Bell Centre:

For your safety and comfort, the following items are prohibited within the Bell Centre:

• All backpacks, coolers and sports bags, regardless of size
    • For your convenience, there are LocketGo lockers available near the Lucien L’Allier entrance of the Bell Center.
  • Any bag exceeding 35cm X 35cm X 15.25cm; (13.78 in x 13.78 in x 6 in) we encourage clients to bring bags that can easily be stowed under seats
  • Hard-covered briefcases
  • Weapons, knives, including but not limited to: blades, cutters, pocketknives (regardless of their size), aerosols, explosives
  • Flags, banners or posters that might obstruct an audience member’s view
  • Food, drinks, alcohol, glass bottles and cans
  • Professional cameras of video cameras, selfie sticks
  • Laser pointers
  • Any object that makes noise including but not limited to: bell, horn
  • Any animal except for service animals
  • Any other prohibited item in compliance with promotors’ request.
  • Any other item deemed suspicion by security personnel.
  • Any signs, messages or garment displaying offensive, obscene or derogatory characterization

Last edited:

cygnus

Back in 2020, I think a few of us had booked a food & walking tour with this company: https://localfoodtours.com/montreal/our-tours/

For those of us who had a ticket back then, the credit should still be valid (I just checked mine).

Once the detailed competition/practice schedule is available, would anyone be interested in trying the food tour again? It looks like they do Tuesday, Friday and Saturday. (Well, also Monday, but selfishly I won't be there early enough on Monday and I want to go! :p)
I was able to use my credit from last time, and booked the 11am Saturday tour, We will miss the first few free dances (it goes until 2), but I can handle that. The only other days it operates are Tuesday and Friday, and they start at 1 on those days, which is late. I booked the "Old Montreal" tour. There is also a "Mile End" one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information