2024 World Figure Skating Championships in Montreal

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Montreal Children’s Hospital? :) That must have been an experience.

I will say that since moving back, I don’t think our winters are particularly worse now than a lot of the US (at least storm-wise). It just lasts longer which does suck.
No, the Reddy Memorial (across the street).

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
Back in 2020, I think a few of us had booked a food & walking tour with this company: https://localfoodtours.com/montreal/our-tours/

For those of us who had a ticket back then, the credit should still be valid (I just checked mine).

Once the detailed competition/practice schedule is available, would anyone be interested in trying the food tour again? It looks like they do Tuesday, Friday and Saturday. (Well, also Monday, but selfishly I won't be there early enough on Monday and I want to go! :p)

Lara

Bonjour/Hi to everyone at Worlds!
The bar chain 3 Brasseurs on Ste-Catherine (across from the Apple Store) is large and close to the Bell Centre, might be a good place to meet for drinks? Never ordered food there unfortunately so can’t vouch for that, but it’s definitely one of the better options for a group.

Pretty sure the Baton Rouge right next to the Centre is closed, too bad as it’d have been the most convenient.

AnnM

Back in 2020, I think a few of us had booked a food & walking tour with this company: https://localfoodtours.com/montreal/our-tours/

For those of us who had a ticket back then, the credit should still be valid (I just checked mine).

Once the detailed competition/practice schedule is available, would anyone be interested in trying the food tour again? It looks like they do Tuesday, Friday and Saturday. (Well, also Monday, but selfishly I won't be there early enough on Monday and I want to go! :p)

I'd be in for Friday or Saturday. I fly in Tuesday and it's a trek from CA.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I'd be in for Friday or Saturday. I fly in Tuesday and it's a trek from CA.
Same, but only from Boston, but it’s still a trek as there are no direct flights. Friday seems best.

skategal

Bunny mama
I’m arriving Tuesday too via Vancouver (coming back from Spring Break in CA) so goodness knows when I’ll actually make it.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
The bar chain 3 Brasseurs on Ste-Catherine (across from the Apple Store) is large and close to the Bell Centre, might be a good place to meet for drinks? Never ordered food there unfortunately so can’t vouch for that, but it’s definitely one of the better options for a group.

Pretty sure the Baton Rouge right next to the Centre is closed, too bad as it’d have been the most convenient.

3 Brasseurs is good for groups, but don't expect anything outstanding food-wise. Its menu is pretty standard bar fare.

skatingguy

decently

3 Brasseurs is good for groups, but don't expect anything outstanding food-wise. Its menu is pretty standard bar fare.
Isabelle, Justine - who's the 3rd Brasseur?

peibeck

Simply looking
@kiss-n-cry Le Square Phillips also have kitchenettes and there is a grocery store (IGA Complexe Desjardins) about a few blocks away, if that is something which interests you. I assume the hotel is back to offering their breakfast buffet. One should not live on arena food alone, so that's an option for getting something from there and making yourself a late night meal/snack. (Other than fast food, I don't recall nearby restaurants being open very late.) The grocery is also connected to part of the "underground city" in Complexe Desjardins, which has a shopping and dining area under the business complex above it.

kalamalka

I previously have stayed at Le Square Phillips, it is very nice and spacious. The staff was excellent.
I stayed there last spring, and would be happy to stay there any time. My studio suite was great - spacious and well-equipped. It's also just a (short) block from the express bus from the airport, so very convenient for transport.

kirkbiggestfan

How much time is there between events for each day? I don't see the detailed schedule. I am trying to book a dog-friendly hotel...just wanna plan how much time I have in between to walk my chihuahas :)

yankees2

Sorry if this was previously discussed, but looking for a restaurant near the arena that accepts reservations. Also looking for a really nice local restaurant for our last dinner on Sunday night. Thank you!!

Lara

Bonjour/Hi to everyone at Worlds!
Sorry if this was previously discussed, but looking for a restaurant near the arena that accepts reservations. Also looking for a really nice local restaurant for our last dinner on Sunday night. Thank you!!

If you really want to splurge Europea is very close to the Bell Centre:

Former Lurve Goddess

If you really want to splurge Europea is very close to the Bell Centre:
On the $plurge front, there's also Bar George in the old Mount Stephen Club on Drummond Street.

DE93

If you don't get motion sick and want a nice view of the city while you eat, Portus 360 is a nice Portuguese restaurant that is a revolving restaurant (very slow rotation) in the EVO Montreal building, which is about a 13 min walk from the rink. I ate there once and I didn't feel the movement at all (and I am prone to motion sickness) and loved the 360 view of the city (and the food was amazing too). https://portus360.com/en/

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
If you don't get motion sick and want a nice view of the city while you eat, Portus 360 is a nice Portuguese restaurant that is a revolving restaurant (very slow rotation) in the EVO Montreal building, which is about a 13 min walk from the rink. I ate there once and I didn't feel the movement at all (and I am prone to motion sickness) and loved the 360 view of the city (and the food was amazing too). https://portus360.com/en/

Oh I went there years ago! The view was amazing. I don’t recall it being Portuguese, maybe it was something different before? I checked the menu it look really good, I love tapas so you can try different things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information