2024 World Figure Skating Championships in Montreal

BittyBug

Disgusted
Seems like there isn't yet a thread for 2024 Worlds in Montreal. Skate Canada launched their brand identity for the event today. I like it!

Inspired by the aurora borealis, the brand identity for the championships reflects the natural beauty of Canada. The logo containing four blades is meant to signify the four skating events at the world championships: men, women, pair and ice dance. The four stars pay homage to the four seasons that each bring their own look, feel and diversity to the different regions and seasons of our country.

Does anyone know when tickets are expected to go on sale?

lexeoe

at least Montreal 24 came up with a new emblem. Saitama's hosting's/future hosting has been using the original tokyo 2011 logo with tweaks for 2019 and 2023.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Yeah, I know in the past we did mass purchases but May is too early for me to commit. But I will do the get-togethers!
Given that they didn’t make the upper level available on the first go last time, I’m content to wait as well unless there’s a compelling reason to order early. For me, where I’m seated isn’t as important as my seatmates.

chewy

I also remembered that upper level was not for sale originally, but don't remember when it was released, tickets went on sale in May 2019 for 2020, so tickets going on sale this May for 2024 is about the same.

I found this post in the old 2020 thread about ticket prices when everyone was waiting for the presale to open . https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...ating-world-championships.101884/post-5591720. The lowest priced tickets I think were the 200's the tier above lower bowl, and they didn't have the top tier open.

Canadian $ / US $

2415 (gold) / 1791
2105.75 / 1561
1675.75 / 1246
1370.75 / 1016
1085.75 / 805
850.75 / 631

A virtual seating chart https://canadiens.io-media.com/web/index.html#

And if I recall, the practice venue was switched from Verdun Aud to McGill rink, and McGill ended up being closed to practices?

Foolhardy Ham Lint

Seems like there isn't yet a thread for 2024 Worlds in Montreal. Skate Canada launched their brand identity for the event today. I like it!

Does anyone know when tickets are expected to go on sale?
I hate that logo so much. It's so ugly.
I also remembered that upper level was not for sale originally, but don't remember when it was released, tickets went on sale in May 2019 for 2020, so tickets going on sale this May for 2024 is about the same.

I found this post in the old 2020 thread about ticket prices when everyone was waiting for the presale to open . https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...ating-world-championships.101884/post-5591720. The lowest priced tickets I think were the 200's the tier above lower bowl, and they didn't have the top tier open.

Canadian $ / US $
2415 (gold) / 1791
2105.75 / 1561
1675.75 / 1246
1370.75 / 1016
1085.75 / 805
850.75 / 631

And if I recall, the practice venue was switched from Verdun Aud to McGill rink, and McGill ended up being closed to practices?
Gold tickets are more than I paid for my first car!

Sonata

Given that they didn’t make the upper level available on the first go last time, I’m content to wait as well unless there’s a compelling reason to order early. For me, where I’m seated isn’t as important as my seatmates.

Are you waiting because upper levels are cheaper? I can’t remember what I bought last time, they were supposed to be cheaper seats but still cost $$$ 😭 How long did you have to wait for upper seats to become available?

I have world 2020 accessories, wondering if there’s a market online … might partially pay a few dollars for my ticket?

gatorinfl

Canadian $ / US $
2415 (gold) / 1791
2105.75 / 1561
1675.75 / 1246
1370.75 / 1016
1085.75 / 805
850.75 / 631

I had tickets in 2020 and hope to go in 2024 but will wait on buying tickets. Last time I tried to buy the all event ticket on the first day right when sales opened, 9 a.m., and I still could not get anything better than the $1246 U.S. tickets and they were not really great seats. Much later when single ticket sales started there were available tickets that were as good or better than what I bought on the first day! So this time I’ll wait.

Cayuse

I had tickets in 2020 and hope to go in 2024 but will wait on buying tickets. Last time I tried to buy the all event ticket on the first day right when sales opened, 9 a.m., and I still could not get anything better than the $1246 U.S. tickets and they were not really great seats. Much later when single ticket sales started there were available tickets that were as good or better than what I bought on the first day! So this time I’ll wait.
I think the tour groups and VIPS get tickets before any of the general public. Then some of these tickets are turned back in if the group doesn't sell them in their packages. Timing is everything, but you might luck out with great seats by waiting, though the price will not be reduced. I personally would rather watch the event on TV if I have to sit in the upper levels, so for worlds it's worth it to me to go with a tour group. Swinging both Montreal and Boston may be a stretch!

cgh_11

Is anyone familiar with L'appartement hotel in Montreal? Would it be safe for 3 adults to walk to the arena. I've walked in Regina, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Toronto at all hours, just not familiar with Montreal. Thanks!

Lara

Bonjour/Hi to everyone at Worlds!
My commuter train line stops right next to the Bell Center so I’ve gone through the area countless times (and would often walk up to McGill during my Masters). No worries, just exercise same caution you would in any city.

Not familiar with the hotel itself either unfortunately but seems fine. It’s a decent walk to the arena but the McGill metro stop (green line) is nearby and you can connect to the orange line at Lionel Groulx.

cgh_11

My commuter train line stops right next to the Bell Center so I’ve gone through the area countless times (and would often walk up to McGill during my Masters). No worries, just exercise same caution you would in any city.

Not familiar with the hotel itself either unfortunately but seems fine. It’s a decent walk to the arena but the McGill metro stop (green line) is nearby and you can connect to the orange line at Lionel Groulx.
Thank you!

skatingguy

decently
Is anyone familiar with L'appartement hotel in Montreal? Would it be safe for 3 adults to walk to the arena. I've walked in Regina, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Toronto at all hours, just not familiar with Montreal. Thanks!
I've never stayed in that particular hotel, but that area is very well lit, and very walkable. There's a grocery store at the corner of Rene-Levesque & Sainte Urban - about 10 minutes walk from your hotel, and there lots of restaurants & coffee shops nearby. I like Ben & Florentine for breakfast - wide range of options - on Mansfield - which halfway between your hotel and the Bell Centre.

Judy

cgh_11

I've never stayed in that particular hotel, but that area is very well lit, and very walkable. There's a grocery store at the corner of Rene-Levesque & Sainte Urban - about 10 minutes walk from your hotel, and there lots of restaurants & coffee shops nearby. I like Ben & Florentine for breakfast - wide range of options - on Mansfield - which halfway between your hotel and the Bell Centre.
Thank you for the tips!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information