2024 Eurovision Grand Final - Finally Facing Our Waterloo?

Andrey aka Pushkin

Playing ping pong with balls of chocolate jam
Well apparently the facts are there. https://x.com/yonatan_touval/status/1790416886716399857?s=46&t=9ftgyoBTKejM44oWnhroXA

I’m sorta shocked Israel would bother doing all this considering what else is going on but 🤷‍♀️
I couldn't have cared less for Eurovision, but don't you find it fun how you outright mock some unverified twitter posts while presenting other unverified twitter posts as "facts" solely based on whether they present Israel in a bad light or not?

ETA: to be clear, I know how Israel works, and I have zero doubt the ministry of Foreign Affairs sent SMS to all embassies in Europe urging to vote for Golan and contact Jewish communities to do the same. I also 100% sure they do it every year. Which probably had a negligible effect with 99% of the voters either having a similar thought process of @Miezekatze or genuinely liking the song. But my point stands. Your hypocrisy on this topic since the known events is rather abrasive and highly unpleasant. I think you long crossed the line to the "irrational Israel basher" territory. Which is, frankly, sad.

Last edited:

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I couldn't have cared less for Eurovision, but don't you find it fun how you outright mock some unverified twitter posts while presenting other unverified twitter posts as "facts" solely based on whether they present Israel in a bad light or not?

ETA: to be clear, I know how Israel works, and I have zero doubt the ministry of Foreign Affairs sent SMS to all embassies in Europe urging to vote for Golan and contact Jewish communities to do the same. I also 100% sure they do it every year. Which probably had a negligible effect with 99% of the voters either having a similar thought process of @Miezekatze or genuinely liking the song. But my point stands. Your hypocrisy on this topic since the known events is rather abrasive and highly unpleasant. I think you long crossed the line to the "irrational Israel basher" territory. Which is, frankly, sad.
Who bashed Israel? I bashed one X poster whom I know very well personally…

I don’t know anything about Touval but many people have posted the same thing. And I don’t CARE about what Israel did in Eurovision or why people voted for Eden, it’s a tempest in a teapot.

At this point you’re looking for reasons to attack and mischaracterise everything I post. Israel is its own worst enemy these days, nothing I post will change that.

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
I made a little Eurovision playlist to play in my car. Ireland has a strange clicking sound in it that keeps making me check if I’ve accidentally got my car indicators on. Every time. 😳

MsZem

I see the sea
If before I had problems only with Eden, then after this it is very difficult to sympathize with the country.
Leaving aside the comment about Eden, who has done nothing wrong...

This is typically Israeli sarcasm. This comment is really about people's short attention spans and how Ukraine's plight is being ignored; the Eurovision manifestation of this is no so-called sympathy vote.

FWIW, Stefania was a good song. And humor, especially black humor, doesn't always translate.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
That comment about Ukraine is not funny. What is wrong with somebody that they would say that?

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Ah, I see the Israeli commentators also asked what stereotype Irish people prefer - “sexually fluid Satanists or like the old days simply violent drunks?”

Truly original and I am sure totally hilarious in Hebrew…..

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information