2022 Eurovision Grand Final - Take A Video, Watch It SloMo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Ireland was only 11th in the televote and 16th in the jury vote of Semi 2 for 15th overall so we weren't even close to qualifying. At least we weren't dead last like we were in 2019 and 2021 so baby steps? :lol:

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
I’m confused about the irregular voting, but it looks like Estonia were more popular with the jury in semi final 2 than the final, I wonder if that was connected, or maybe his performance on Friday wasn’t as good?

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
Ireland was only 11th in the televote and 16th in the jury vote of Semi 2 for 15th overall so we weren't even close to qualifying. At least we weren't dead last like we were in 2019 and 2021 so baby steps? :lol:
Still robbed! Well I think tonight the UK proved that year to year anything can happen, maybe 2023 will be Ireland’s big comeback!

Bring back Jedward? :lynch:

airgelaal

I’m confused about the irregular voting, but it looks like Estonia were more popular with the jury in semi final 2 than the final, I wonder if that was connected, or maybe his performance on Friday wasn’t as good?
Other competitors.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
We had a Eurovision party at our place with a friend from Mexico who has never seen anything like it. He brought a Turkish friend, so we were 3 Germans, a Mexican, a Turk and a Russian.
We played ESC Bingo and "effect drinking" (my poor friend had "fog/wind", I had "pyrotechnics" again) and made our own ranking. Ours was:
1. Moldova
2. Lithuania
3. France

But I am fine with the Ukraine winning...but I wonder where they are going to do the ESC next year.

ETA: I won the Bingo btw.

Last edited:

airgelaal

Kalush Orchestra - Stefania (Eurovision 2022)​

I once dedicated this song to my mother, and when the war broke out, the song took on a lot of new meanings.
Although there is not a word about the war in the song, many people began to associate the song with mother Ukraine. Moreover, society began to call it the anthem of our war! But if Stefania is now the anthem of our war, I would like it to become the anthem of our victory.
This film is based on true events during the military aggression in Ukraine in 2022.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Funny night, pleased for UK and we can stop moaning now I suppose.
This would be wonderful (and if it happened in Ireland too). I saw on Twitter an Irish journalist who writes for a broadsheet say Ireland wouldn't qualify if we sent a song written by Paul McCartney, David Bowie (which would be quite a feat for a dead person :shuffle: ), Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran sung by Beyonce. :rolleyes:

And like why would we do that anyway? Not like we don't have talented musicians and songwriters in Ireland.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Meanwhile there were jury voting irregularities in Semi 2….

Following on from this, apparently the jury votes from Azerbaijan, Georgia, Montenegro, Poland, Romania and San Marino were thrown out from Semi 2 and the Grand Final and replaced with a simulated score instead for each country. That's a third of the countries in Semi 2. :eek:

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Following on from this, apparently the jury votes from Azerbaijan, Georgia, Montenegro, Poland, Romania and San Marino were thrown out from Semi 2 and the Grand Final and replaced with a simulated score instead for each country. That's a third of the countries in Semi 2. :eek:
What was the plot?

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!

All the more important that Ukraine won last night.

millyskate

They really should be banned from competing. The juries from the countries that accepted the bribes should be given a time out too.
In what must be a first, a country has issued an official apology for NOT indulging in political voting.
Ukraine's minister of culture is highly embarassed that his jury gave no points to Poland or Lithuania.

reut

Ukraine's minister of culture is highly embarassed that his jury gave no points to Poland or Lithuania.
Yes, there were a lot of people embarrassed. Interestingly, some people from Ukrainian jury claim they did give points to Poland, no idea how the final result is calculated. Well, at least, Ukrainian televote gave 12.

As Kalush is set in the foothills of the Carpathian Mountains, in Ivano-Frankivsk region...

The head of the railway service announced that the number 43 train from Kyiv to Ivano-Frankivsk will be renamed the Stefania Express to honour the victory.
Train stations in Kyiv, Kalush and Ivano-Frankivsk will play the song when the train pulls in, he said.

https://www.reuters.com/world/stefa...heers-war-time-eurovision-victory-2022-05-15/

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
I still struggle with Australia being in the 'European' song contest 🤣
Hey we pay our money like everyone else :)

Well didn't realise it was on until I was flicking around the channels on Friday night here and saw the replay.

I think it was fun and there was enough bonkers stuff to make it very entertaining. The people's vote spoke volumes about the appeal of bat sh*t crazy acts like Serbia and Moldova.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information