2023 Skate America Pairs SP - The Best Little Code Whorehouse in Texas

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
CalMag - good 3tw, sbs 2a - she stood up! Throw 3lo - clean. Maybe the collision was what they needed to skate clean, even if the lift was wobbly.

Missed the rest because younger niece arrived with clothes. Missing VLDigs.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Really strange twist technique, he really just forces her quickly into the rotation. I know I say this way too much but that split variation at the end of the lift is almost ALWAYS wobbly these days. Bring back Wakamatsu/Fecteau's.

They are stronger than Zoe and Chris and certainly Kemp and King for the oldies here, but they don't really do anything for me.

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
Brits: way to hold on to the SBS 2a. First non-wedgie dress of the night, thank you to Vaipan-Law's dressmaker.

peibeck

Simply looking
Vaipan-Law/Digby: decent start but after the fall on the throw 3 Sal they seemed to get sloppier and sloppier.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I doubt Reid will be commentating for ISU ever again. :shuffle: I heard it’s supposed to be Chris Howarth?
It is Chris. I’m sure he introduced himself, but it was in the awkward period when the ISU and US feeds were cancelling each other out.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Weird that the commentator seemed way behind the skating but then went back to normal at the end of the Vaipan-Law and Digby's program.

beckab81

These two have improved, but they really need a true pairs coach to help with the twist & throw. The lift and SBS looked good though.

LeafOnTheWind

Chris is listing all these competitions I watched that Plaza/Fernandez were in and I don't remember them at all. :shuffle:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I saw Maria what felt like 20 times in the early season last year but I haven't watched so much of the internationals this year.

I don't feel like this team has the goods to ever be competitive even in the US. Even when they do relatively well on the jumping passes, their other elements tend to get no or negative GOE. The program is infinitely nicer and there is some quality there, but none of it ever stands out.

ETA- the SBS spin unison problem is just stressing what I mentioned above. Always just a little off in some way.

skatingguy

decently
Vaipan-Law,Anastasia/Digby, Luke, GreatBritain
Coach: Simon Briggs, Debi Briggs, Jason Briggs
Music: Never Tear Us Apart by Bishop Briggs

3Tw 1 - catch issues
2A

3 Lift 4
Throw 3S - fall
Step Sequence 2

Forward Inside Death Sp 2
Ch Combo Spin 3

She was under-rotated, and leaning forward on the landing of the throw, and there was no way to hold on. A bit of a struggle to keep things moving, and that is reflected in the levels, and the GOE.

50.60 = 5th Place

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information