2023 Russian Nationals, Dec. 22-25, 2022 in Krasnoyarsk

jennysk8oboe

Can anyone give the gist of the conversation that took place between the 3 ladies medal winners in the kiss&cry afterwards? Nice to see them all looking so happy and friendly.

Cherub721

YEAH!
Can anyone give the gist of the conversation that took place between the 3 ladies medal winners in the kiss&cry afterwards? Nice to see them all looking so happy and friendly.

Didn't understand all of it but basically talking about their new year's plans (with their families), what is next (training for the Channel 1 team trophy, and Liza and Kamila will be doing shows and only have New Year's Day off), were they happy with how they skated (the usual "I am happy I did [ultra c] but I want to skate clean next time without mistake [x]). It is Kamila's mother's birthday so she won this medal as a gift to her. Her tears were of joy and gratitude. She feels stronger than she did.

One nice thing was Trankov asked them to speak directly to each other. Sofia said she takes an example from Liza and Kamila. Kamila wishes them happy New Year. Liza congratulated them on the victories, as it is a victory for Kamila, because it is always hardest defending the first title. Trankov asked Liza how the girls can skate as long as she did - Liza says a sleep regime, a nutrition regime, love for your work and Kamila adds "don't sweat too much."

znhurston

Sinitsina
2A lovely extension
3F
3S
3Lo
LSp4
ChSq1
3Lz-3T
3Lz-2A
2F-2T
CCoSp4
StSq3
FCCoSp4

she's an exquisite skater, but not having the big elements hurts and the 2F will hurt more in this field. I wish she'd been as lucky as Gubanova in getting an offer from another country.

Score 136.63 total 211.52 3rd :(
I agree, she is exquisite and I enjoy her skating a lot.

znhurston

I saw some headline saying she "doesn't need it anymore" so I assume it's some kind of statement that she has coped with it by now. Kamila and Liza skated great! I wish one of them would have won, but congrats to Akatieva. Liza has a really beautiful program.
Liza's long program has grown on me this season. That spiral choreographic move toward the end was lovely. Is it just me or has her extension improved?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information