2023 Grand Prix Final - Free Dance: “China In Your Dance”

Holy Headband

chair of the Lee Sihyeong international fanclub
When are P/C coming back and sending these decrepit frauds two into retirement again? But ultimately the people I'm mad at are the judges, so I realise removing their current top investors (IAM, Lilah Fear's father, etc.) from the picture wouldn't solve the problem.

Last edited:

skatingguy

decently
Madison Chock/Evan Bates 🇺🇸
Coach: M.-F. Dubreuil, P. Lauzon, R. Haguenauer
Music: Time, Breathe, Eclipse

Stationary Lift 4
Rotational Lift 4
SyTwW4+SyTwM4
OFTW3+OFTM3
Dance Spin 4
Choreo Assisted Jump
Choreo Character Step Sequence
Straight Line Lift 4
DiStW3+DiStM3

Choreo Dance Lift

That was the best skate for them this season. It's an interesting routine with a continuous flow of interesting, and innovative positions.

132.46 = 1st Place
221.61 = 1st Place

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
FD results

1​
Madison CHOCK / Evan BATESUSA
132.46​
74.74​
57.72​
9.64​
9.68​
9.54​
0.00​
#6​
2​
Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRIITA
129.69​
72.93​
56.76​
9.46​
9.46​
9.46​
0.00​
#5​
3​
Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIERCAN
128.41​
71.91​
56.50​
9.54​
9.46​
9.25​
0.00​
#4​
4​
Lilah FEAR / Lewis GIBSONGBR
126.03​
70.67​
55.36​
9.29​
9.43​
8.96​
0.00​
#3​
5​
Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SOERENSENCAN
120.75​
66.61​
54.14​
9.14​
9.11​
8.82​
0.00​
#2​
6​
Marjorie LAJOIE / Zachary LAGHACAN
118.89​
66.59​
52.30​
8.79​
8.75​
8.61​
0.00​
#1​

Overall results

1Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES
USA.GIF
USA
2Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI
ITA.GIF
ITA
3Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER
CAN.GIF
CAN
4Lilah FEAR / Lewis GIBSON
GBR.GIF
GBR
5Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SOERENSEN
CAN.GIF
CAN
6Marjorie LAJOIE / Zachary LAGHA
CAN.GIF
CAN

Protocols: http://www.isuresults.com/results/s...------FNL-000100--_JudgesDetailsperSkater.pdf

skatingguy

decently
The judges are telling us, at least to this point of the season, that there will be no Canadian gold at the Worlds in Montreal, and that Chock/Bates are cruising to a repeat. On a side note, the choreo assisted jumps really show off the high quality waxing job that Madison Chock has.

Andrey aka Pushkin

Playing ping pong with balls of chocolate jam
I like this FD, in fact I like most of the FDs this year.
But I am completely baffled about their levels and GOEs. It requires a much more trained eye than mine to spot all the edges correctly, but even I can see that they are nowhere the depth and strength of Guinard/Fabbri. I simply don't understand it :confused:

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
Looks like no movement this year, although we will see how much pull Eteri still has in a few weeks.

The overhead camera made me rage during most programs but it was fine during Fear/Gibson as you didn’t need to see their feet. Kind of a good indication of where ice dance is headed.

Private Citizen

"PC." Pronouns: none/none
Lajoie and Lagha should've overtaken the Danadians last season at Canadian Nationals, or honestly even at 2022 Worlds where I saw both free dances live.

Gilles and Poirier are like the ghost of Cathy haunting Heathcliff (and the rest of the field). I thought they had retired seasons ago, but then I keep seeing them in the standings and remembering that they're still around. I don't "get" either of their programs, but I also didn't get last year's either nor the ones before. When your mullet is your best feature.... :scream:

Despite all of the handwringing, etc., everyone forgets that Chock and Bates's win at Worlds last year was totally unpredictable based on the fall results, so I don't think anyone is a shoo-in. I'd be in full support of a deal to crown a team World Champion in lifetime achievement award style just so they'd go away, but it didn't work with C&B and probably won't work with the rest of this crowd either.

I've decided I'll be patriotic and root for a podium of Chock & Bates, Guignard & Fabbri, and Fear & Gibson in any order. I'd love it if Fear & Gibson won, with the top Canadians "forth," and triggered Vancouver 2001-style protests. Turn your back to the judges and chant! :rofl:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Lajoie and Lagha should've overtaken the Danadians last season at Canadian Nationals, or honestly even at 2022 Worlds where I saw both free dances live.

Gilles and Poirier are like the ghost of Cathy haunting Heathcliff (and the rest of the field). I thought they had retired seasons ago, but then I keep seeing them in the standings and remembering that they're still around. I don't "get" either of their programs, but I also didn't get last year's either nor the ones before. When your mullet is your best feature.... :scream:

Despite all of the handwringing, etc., everyone forgets that Chock and Bates's win at Worlds last year was totally unpredictable based on the fall results, so I don't think anyone is a shoo-in. I'd be in full support of a deal to crown a team World Champion in lifetime achievement award style just so they'd go away, but it didn't work with C&B and probably won't work with the rest of this crowd either.

I've decided I'll be patriotic and root for a podium of Chock & Bates, Guignard & Fabbri, and Fear & Gibson in any order. I'd love it if Fear & Gibson won, with the top Canadians "forth," and triggered Vancouver 2001-style protests. Turn your back to the judges and chant! :rofl:
It's really a shame that Lilah & Lewis biffed their twizzles yesterday. I have to wonder how close they would have been to beating Gilles/Poirier today had they been clean through the entire competition.

Gris

不做奴才做公民
It's really a shame that Lilah & Lewis biffed their twizzles yesterday. I have to wonder how close they would have been to beating Gilles/Poirier today had they been clean through the entire competition.

F/G also had a L2 spin in the FD - an easily fixable mistake that cost them 1.5 in BV.

Debbie S

As a C/B uber, I'd love for them to win Worlds in Montreal. But this time last year, everyone was saying G/P were a shoo-in for the World title and C/B might as well stay home, or at least get a new FD. We've seen that the first half of the season doesn't always match the 2nd half. From the start of the season, I've been expecting G/P to win Worlds on their home turf, we'll see what happens.

In any event, congrats to C/B on their first GPF title!

once_upon

Better off than 2020
The judges are telling us, at least to this point of the season, that there will be no Canadian gold at the Worlds in Montreal, and that Chock/Bates are cruising to a repeat. On a side note, the choreo assisted jumps really show off the high quality waxing job that Madison Chock has.
But IAM will have a GM in Montreal? Does that count?

Yes, I'm joking

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
The only programs that are growing on me are LaLa’s and ChoBat’s. As much as I love GuiFab, this year’s program is just too damned subtle as is GilPoi’s. And I’m looking forward to seeing Lilah & Lewis live, but…

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
The only programs that are growing on me are LaLa’s and ChoBat’s. As much as I love GuiFab, this year’s program is just too damned subtle as is GilPoi’s. And I’m looking forward to seeing Lilah & Lewis live, but…
I grumpily (in honor of Zac) admit that LaLa have grown on me despite the fact that they seem to be from two different species. They’re just too good not to admire.

Jay42

Between the click of the light
As a C/B uber, I'd love for them to win Worlds in Montreal. But this time last year, everyone was saying G/P were a shoo-in for the World title and C/B might as well stay home, or at least get a new FD. We've seen that the first half of the season doesn't always match the 2nd half. From the start of the season, I've been expecting G/P to win Worlds on their home turf, we'll see what happens.

This time last year Piper hadn’t had surgery on her abdomen. I see your point but if Piper hadn’t had to have surgery last season probably would have gone very differently.

Jarrett

Go Mirai!

Chock and Bates programs during the Grand Prix was almost completely reworked last year. The one that showed up at the end of the skating year was very different. While I think the Italians program and the Canadians program are okay they don't have any wow moments yet.

MorganaLefay

I love G/P program, the music fits the novel perfectly and the choreography fits the music equally perfectly. When i first read Wuthering Heights i had a very distinct impression that its like Dostoevsky in English, not as unpleasant but with emotions bordering on hysteria. So, for me, the most intriguing aspect of G/P program is the color of their costumes:)) but i think they are just choosing to be contrarian and not indulging in a more natural, darker garb. We have highly emotional choreo for both G/P and G/F but if not for the Italians divine skating and their genuine love for each other, the choreo wld have looked ridiculous, whereas, G/P are so organic. Its probably on of the top FDs for them imho. We are lucky this season with such great book renditions by G/P and Careira/Ponomarenko:)))

MorganaLefay

I am a huge C/B fan, but having seen this program live and recorded, there is not that much skating, just good "gimmicks", if not for their body type and line, it shld not be in top 10. Its figure skating, not just figure!

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
I am a huge C/B fan, but having seen this program live and recorded, there is not that much skating, just good "gimmicks", if not for their body type and line, it shld not be in top 10. Its figure skating, not just figure!
I believe it can get reworked and work a little better towards the end especially. I don't think it builds properly I think there are a lot of nice points to it overall. Unfortunately them getting such high marks and having such a big lead on everyone I'm hoping that doesn't discourage them for continuing to work on the program. I think they are veteran enough to know that they have to continue to improve it until worlds. I'm not so sure they're going to go to four continents though with such a big lead over the Canadians. Evan did say though in their interview that they're there are coming back for a four continents it's just surprising.

Overall on the results were predictable. Maybe they are getting all the bonus points for not attacking the judges like all the other teams. Lol

Jammers

Sadly unless the top 3 teams here retire before Milan expect the podium to be between these teams who's average age will be over 35 and who have already combined been to 8 Olympics and no medals. So yeah i'm pretty tired of these teams who will probably win Olympic medals simply by hanging around and outlasting everyone. That's why i want new teams on the podium.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information