2023-2024 Rhythm dance

VGThuy

I forgot about this gem. And by gem I mean a dance that had nothing to do with the lyrics and music.
You’re absolutely right in that choreography seemed to have a life of its own outside the mood of the music or what the song was about 😆. It even had choreography lifted from Grishuk/Platov’s “Memorial” FD. I do think they moved well to the best though.
!!!

I think I saw that live in Landover.

And Pasha might have been a diva nutcase but omg she was good.
She really was. In retrospect, when I watch her with Platov and even here, I’m amazed at what an incredible athlete she is, and she knew how to move to the music. I think she had to mature a bit to become a more natural dancer, but she did get there. I know this dance may be kind of awful in terms of choreo and maybe even with regard to taste level, but I always liked her with Zhulin because there was a palpable sexual chemistry between them and they seemed to move very well together that gave off an impression that they were well-matched in terms of style and even with the shapes they could make together.

topaz

I haven't heard any Tears For Fears songs used yet. Anyone know if any senior teams are using TFF?

I say this as I was listening to their Greatest Hits and Seeds of Love albums last night. Some really good songs that could have been used.

Last edited:

lvcrdy

Is there a website that lists all the rhythm dance music performed by ice dancers this season? I love the 80's theme and would like to see what everyone is skating to (without having to look up each team separately on wikipedia). My apologies if this has already been covered in this thread...but it's 23 pages long now! :eek:
If you download the ISU app, you can look at each teams profile. It also says what their RD and FD music is :)

Nmsis

Demougeot / Le Mercier have changed the first music of their RD.
Source : ISU bio

Rapper's Delight by The Sugarhill Gang
Why Can't We Leave Together by Sade

They have switched Apache by the Sugarhill Gang with Rapper's Delight by the Sugarhill Gang

PeterG

firstflight

I apologize is someone else had already listed this song, but if so, I am enthusiastically co-endorsing.

For a different feel/mood than what’s out there, I wish someone had picked “Let the River Run” from the movie Working Girl. It would be triumphant and celebratory in the right hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information