2023–24 Canadian Ice Dance: News and Updates

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Last edited:

shutterbug

This is pulled from the original Instagram post-- it even says as much ("from instagram .com"). In fact, click on it and it takes you to said post.

This means she could have changed the caption after the fact, and 4CC is no longer.. or was never.. listed on the original source of the post.
Yes. Just verifying @skategal is likely correct that the Insta post was changed.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Lewis/McMillan are officially done.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I see Dana mentions having Italian citizenship as well as Canadian. I wonder if some Italian partner might come along for her -- that field is pretty open, despite two very promising junior teams coming up.

Dobre

Per their ISU bios (which could be out of date), Corey is a centimeter shorter than her previous partner.

I don't really see that Corey did enough in ice dance to make him a better option than guys who are actively participating in the discipline now, but he has done some.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
He is more than 1 foot taller than her. Totally different skating styles. They know each other from the cricket club
Corey & Sabatini-Speciale? A Possibility. I was thinking about an American-Italian…ahum. 😉

dramagrrl

I'm literally holding off on getting tickets to the FD at Worlds until I know whether L/L will be there, so this is very good news. :cheer:

skatingguy

decently
Cross posting this from the dance thread - Carol Lane talks about Piper's illness last in more detail than I had heard before.
I know that Dave Lease is not well liked here, but this interview with Carol Lane is really worth watching. Dave asks Carol a lot questions about the current state of skating, and while I wouldn't say that he pulls any punches he did shave off some sharp edges with his wording, but he also allows Carol to talk for long stretches about her coaching philosophy. Twiddly bits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information