2022 Four Continents Comes To Rude Euro Land (Relocation to Tallinn)

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
You know, it's a shame Qatar is only a speed skating member of the ISU. This would have been an ideal opportunity for Doha to step in and offer to host, lol. And about the biggest event they'll host after the World Cup since the IOC ain't ever gonna pick them.

But, seriously, the UAE is flush with money. If you're gonna make the skaters travel, who would be complaining about Abu Dhabi or Dubai in January?

Foolhardy Ham Lint

You know, it's a shame Qatar is only a speed skating member of the ISU. This would have been an ideal opportunity for Doha to step in and offer to host, lol. And about the biggest event they'll host after the World Cup since the IOC ain't ever gonna pick them.

But, seriously, the UAE is flush with money. If you're gonna make the skaters travel, who would be complaining about Abu Dhabi or Dubai in January?
If anyone can, the UAE can Abu Dhabi Do It!

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Wasn’t Israel a “4Cs country” in early years, then switched to Europe? UPDATE: Not the case...Israel in Europe.

OK - here’s an idea: let’s let Krasnopolsky & Kops (& other Israeli team members) stay on after Euros, to compete in 4Cs! ...
Double or nothing!

Last edited:

Foolhardy Ham Lint

Wasn’t Israel a “4Cs country” in early years, then switched to Europe?

OK - here’s an idea: let’s let Krasnopolsky & Kops (& other Israeli team members) stay on after Euros, to compete in 4Cs!!! In honor of old times. Timing is good is 2022.
I thought that too, but it seems Galit Chait & Sergey Sakhnovsky competed in dance at the 1999 European Championships in Prague.

MsZem

I see the sea
Wasn’t Israel a “4Cs country” in early years, then switched to Europe?
Israel has competed in European events across all sports for more than thirty years, and in some cases (e.g. EuroBasket) even longer. Michael Shmerkin and Chait/Sakhnovski competed at Euros in the 1990s.

Frau Muller

I thought that too, but it seems Galit Chait & Sergey Sakhnovsky competed in dance at the 1999 European Championships in Prague.

Thanks. I just checked!!! There may have been some debate prior to that initial 4Cs, about Israel’s geographic spot, that I recall.

Well, we’ll just cheer for Krasno & partner during Euros. 🎉

Andrea82

1. ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships 2022
The ISU was informed by the Chinese Figure Skating Association (CFSA) of the cancellation of the ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships, that was scheduled to take place from January 17 – 22, 2022 in Tianjin (CHN). The Council subsequently invited ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Members to send applications to host this Championships. No applications were received.
After consultation with the Estonian Skating Union, the Council decided to hold the Championships during the week following the ISU European Figure Skating Championships in the same venue. The Council therefore provisionally realotted the Championships as follows:
ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships to be held in Tallinn, Estonia tentatively on January 18-23, 2022.
The definite allotment will be confirmed as soon as possible once all logistical and financial details have been agreed upon with the Estonian Skating Union.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
1. ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships 2022
The ISU was informed by the Chinese Figure Skating Association (CFSA) of the cancellation of the ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships, that was scheduled to take place from January 17 – 22, 2022 in Tianjin (CHN). The Council subsequently invited ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Members to send applications to host this Championships. No applications were received.
After consultation with the Estonian Skating Union, the Council decided to hold the Championships during the week following the ISU European Figure Skating Championships in the same venue. The Council therefore provisionally realotted the Championships as follows:
ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships to be held in Tallinn, Estonia tentatively on January 18-23, 2022.
The definite allotment will be confirmed as soon as possible once all logistical and financial details have been agreed upon with the Estonian Skating Union.

I think it's reasonable since no 4CCs member feds were able to submit an application on such short notice to host. It won't be easy to maintain two separate competition bubbles but it might be easier on at least the officials and a number of coaches to stay there for 2 weeks.

And, honestly, there are plenty of 4CCs skaters who train in Europe. Heck, the travel time for some of the Aussie skaters who train in Moscow will make this the best 4CCs ever for them! Golubeva/Giotopoulos Moore for 4CCs Pairs Gold!

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
I wonder if Estonia will get a host spot(s) for hosting 4CC? Even with Euros the week prior, some of their skaters may want to do both competitions (cough Kiibus cough). And even if not, Estonia has enough depth in singles where they could definitely send a B team to 4CC if they were allocated a spot or two.

Cherub721

YEAH!
I wonder if Estonia will get a host spot(s) for hosting 4CC? Even with Euros the week prior, some of their skaters may want to do both competitions (cough Kiibus cough). And even if not, Estonia has enough depth in singles where they could definitely send a B team to 4CC if they were allocated a spot or two.
Intriguing thought...

Frau Muller

Arlet Levandi for 4Cs podium!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information